Girl rescued from drain after trying to rescue her IPhone!

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like her jugs saved her from dropping right drown :D
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »

I hadnt thought of it like that!!:D

I was more thinking of the madness of people getting down and dirty in the sewage system to retrieve their IPhone!
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that she thought she could get down through the gap in the first place.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some folk just think their phones are worth dying for.:D
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to her in her GCSEs. :p

Best bit is the last line, her phone was ruined. :D:D
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least she had the good sense to take her wellies off first to save them from getting dirty ........................... :confused:
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like this rescue consisted of lifting her up. I bet there was a group of people standing around taking pictures who didn't think of this
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I hadnt thought of it like that!!:D

I was more thinking of the madness of people getting down and dirty in the sewage system to retrieve their IPhone!

It could have been worse. One woman a year or two back was killed after attempting to retrieve her phone from a railway line, as a train was approaching. Now that's madness.
    Good luck to her in her GCSEs. :p

Best bit is the last line, her phone was ruined. :D:D

I suppose it puts a new spin on the phrase "throwing money down the drain".
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    No risk of losing a phone down the drain around my way - most are blocked solid to the top and have weeds growing out of them.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    .....what a stupid girl!!! :p:confused::p:confused:

Surely, if you drop your phone into a small hole or a drain, the first thing you are gonna do is try and reach it with your hands?! Why would you go in feet first...?!?!?!?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    While hauling her out a fireman said "big breaths" and she replied "yeth an I'm only thixteen".
    Forum Member
    It could have been worse. One woman a year or two back was killed after attempting to retrieve her phone from a railway line, as a train was approaching. Now that's madness.

I suppose it puts a new spin on the phrase "throwing money down the drain".

Thats both deeply sad and shocking.What a waste.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While hauling her out a fireman said "big breaths" and she replied "yeth an I'm only thixteen".

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole experience has left her feeling drained :D
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »

The obvious joke was only a matter of time !:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    She is an idiot to get herself in that situation. It's nice to see that there was people around to take pictures as there always is now days when someone does something stupid or embarrassing. No need to help her up, just carry on taking pictures and let the emergency services come out and lift her up.

I guess she is not too bothered about the press coverage if she has allowed herself to be in staged photos next to the drain afterwards - although sometimes it's easier to just join in and pretend to make fun of yourself to lessen the embarrassment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »

It sewer did :D
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she lived in my village, the phone would just have sat on top of all the leaves and general rubbish in the drains. She could yhave retrieved it with two fingers, never mind two legs!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    .....what a stupid girl!!! :p:confused::p:confused:

Surely, if you drop your phone into a small hole or a drain, the first thing you are gonna do is try and reach it with your hands?! Why would you go in feet first...?!?!?!?

Lol it is a bit daft. I mean going down a drain to get a phone is ridiculous in itself but at least go down it the right way
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how fast Apple release new Iphones, she'll have ended upgrading it in about a month anyway lol
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Looks like this rescue consisted of lifting her up. I bet there was a group of people standing around taking pictures who didn't think of this

Maybe I'm being overly cynical (wouldn't be new), but maybe they were scared of being accused of groping her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laughed my head off at this when it came on the news the other day. Silly lass, hope other people learn from it but I bet they don't!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I'm amazed that she thought she could get down through the gap in the first place.

Thick as pig s**t more than likely.

I bet like she totally texted her friends as soon as she got it back and they were like totally wow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

Fat bird with big tits:D:D