And your moaning because you have Sky :o:o:o

Comments

• V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked when she said that!
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    They didn't look exactly poverty stricken did they. Eg Young child with smartphone.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical.
  • nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they have got to be getting money from somewhere else on top of the benefits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why all the housing, etc needs an overhaul- and this is why geniune people have to jump through hoops and still cannot be housed. Makes my blood boil.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the solution of just shipping everyone up north - what's that going to do for our economy?

All those billions of pounds of housing benefits, lining the pockets of private landlords, charging sky high rents, for ex-council properties. Council housing should never have been sold off - or if it was, for every house sold, another should have been built in it's place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im glad this is on. Bursts a few guardian readers hang- wringing views of the World.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody is forced to become an alcoholic or a drug addict and it is wrong they jump the queue ahead of others. What about someone who has worked all their life, paid all their taxes and through no fault of their own becomes ill and cannot work anymore ? They didn't have a choice in that yet get stuck well behind in the queue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had hassle with my neighbour, I live on the ground floor (Moved here last October) and against TH homes (tenacy agreement) the first floor have put wooden flooring down I complained (kids and adults banging from 5 am to 2am) and I have been deemed to be intolerante of my neighbour, so even if you get a place you wont be sane for long.
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvella wrote: »
    Surely they have got to be getting money from somewhere else on top of the benefits

That's what I thought. She seems to think these luxuries are basic essentials.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why all the housing, etc needs an overhaul- and this is why geniune people have to jump through hoops and still cannot be housed. Makes my blood boil.

Read my post then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy to let in the 90s and early 2000s forced rental prices higher and higher. There are 100s of thousands of buy to let landlords earning big housing benefit money.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    the council housing guy is very condescending and judgemental
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manued2009 wrote: »
    I have had hassle with my neighbour, I live on the ground floor (Moved here last October) and against TH homes (tenacy agreement) the first floor have put wooden flooring down I complained (kids and adults banging from 5 am to 2am) and I have been deemed to be intolerante of my neighbour, so even if you get a place you wont be sane for long.

Yeah, I had a flat years ago and is a big problem, noise etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had a flat years ago and is a big problem, noise etc.

Mediation is the way forward according to TH
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Husband in the armed forces should be easy to track down for CSA for the 3 kids
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ex husband, whom I assume is the children's father, should be helping towards the rent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Nobody is forced to become an alcoholic or a drug addict and it is wrong they jump the queue ahead of others. What about someone who has worked all their life, paid all their taxes and through no fault of their own becomes ill and cannot work anymore ? They didn't have a choice in that yet get stuck well behind in the queue.

I agree with you. Workers, and people who became ill or cannot work any more should have the priority where council/ association s are concerned, key workers .Then anyone else.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    poor ray being forced out :(

good news for now, for ray
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, getting the poor to fight amongst themselves has worked with this lady.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in the long run, it will cost a heck of a lot more if Ray gets evicted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Ray not thought about getting a job and paying his way ?
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,150
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people would want to live in London unless they earned a fat salary. I lived in the capital over a decade ago and whilst it wasn't as expensive as it is now, it was still dear compared to where I was brought up and I soon got tired of living the life I would have had back home but paying through the nose for it. Outside the centre, London is an absolute smelly shit-tip and as for Tower Hamlets - phewwey!

£315 a week for a flat - you'd get a palace in Northamptonshire for that:o
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    44 year old Ray is a bit too old to be dressing like a 16 year old.

Seriously though. . . It is such a tragedy the way the system is so messed up. Those that really need help just don't seem to be getting it.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see a borough where it's not such a problem