The growing trend of girls showing their underwear through leggings

tvholictvholic Posts: 381
Forum Member
It's become apparent that girls everywhere are doing this now. I personally think it's hot if the girl has a good bum! Larger girls please NO - put it away!! Although not the sort of girls you'd take home to 'meet the parents' how much of this fashion statement is consciousness or are girls nowadays that plain silly as to not know? Either way... Keep doing it ladies! Leggings are just the best fashion invention on the planet! :D:p:o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    You can't beat a good old bit of VPL. Goes great with an off-white bra.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes a refreshing change for this not to be a complaint.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wear a skirt with leggings or at least the colour underwear the leggings are.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Ewwwwwwwww - completely lacking in taste really but possibly a tad more preferable to no drawers and seeing all their bits:confused:
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find most leggings one of my favourite entertainments. Especially the ones that look like a blancmange contained by nylon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Didn't it use to be a fashion crime to show VPL? I only wear leggings at home as I feel self-concious wearing them out and about.
  • tvholictvholic Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Didn't it use to be a fashion crime to show VPL? I only wear leggings at home as I feel self-concious wearing them out and about.

There's something about being able to get away with it when wearing leggings though as 'no one will say anything' tease the red-blooded men along the way.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say that I have come across this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvholic wrote: »
    There's something about being able to get away with it when wearing leggings though as 'no one will say anything' tease the red-blooded men along the way.

Nothing rape-y about this at all.
    Forum Member

Teasing? I'd say torturing ......some of the sights are stomach churning TBH.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bigger girl and wear leggings but I also wear thick tights underneath (it's bloody cold here but I hate trousers) and jumper dresses that cover my arse :D
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leggings are always involved when you wonder if someone actually looked in the mirror before leaving the house!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I would rather see what the OP is talking about than a builder's arse crack peering over his jeans :eek:
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why they do it. It's like going out without a skirt on like you couldn't be arsed to get fully dressed. Is this the latest form of female attention seeking?

Some of these girls aren't wearing leggings. If they were it wouldn't look so bad. They are so thin they look more like a pair of tights and you can see their backside and skimpy knickers stuck up their crack and it leaves nothing to the imagination.

It's not just young girls either. There was one woman yesterday walking round Asda. She must have been well into her 40's and looked dog rough. She purposely bent over in front of me and her tights stretched so much that you could see the white skin of her butt cheeks and a thong which went up her crack. It looked just like she'd gone out half dressed. Don't get me wrong she had a nice bum and a good figure but I don't wanna see that kind of thing when I'm out shopping with my family. If there's one thing I can't stand it's attention seekers which love to flaunt themselves.

I prefer it if they'd cover up and have a bit of self respect. I think this trend of wearing a pair of tights or thin leggings and nothing else over the top makes them look cheap and tarty and it just looks like they're doing it to get attention. Moreso when it's someone who's old enough to be dressing her age and not trying to look like her 17 yr old daughter when she's pushing 50.
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear leggings sometimes, but always with a short dress or long tunic over the top so that my bottom is covered up. I will not inflict my chubbyness on the world.

The main culprits for see through leggings is from buying cheap and nasty ones at least 2 sizes too small to allow for the muffin top to spill out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member

As opposed to the green blooded men who simply aren't interested in that nonsense?

That saying has always confused me :D
    Forum Member
    Personally, I would rather see what the OP is talking about than a builder's arse crack peering over his jeans :eek:

I'd rather not see either TBH. I just wish people would think about what they actually looked like before leaving the house.

I don't think people have to go out immaculately turned out at all times - wear what you like as far as I'm concerned but - have a bit of pride FGS!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    I wear leggings sometimes, but always with a short dress or long tunic over the top so that my bottom is covered up. I will not inflict my chubbyness on the world.

The main culprits for see through leggings is from buying cheap and nasty ones at least 2 sizes too small to allow for the muffin top to spill out.

Ew gross! I blame the manufacturers. If they didn't make leggings over a size 12 then we wouldn't have to suffer all these women walking around looking like a sack of spuds that's been squeezed into a condom.

For the sake of taste and public decency, leggings should be banned for anyone who hasn't got the figure to get away with wearing them.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The nasty things are all this silly guys fault. Max Wall , 1.41 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gGpq3ceEbU
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Not quite the same thing, but reminded me of my English teacher at school, who once turned up wearing a white floaty dress over a black bra and knickers. She wasn't too bad looking, so I don't think a class of 14-15 year old boys were complaining, but still.
    Forum Member
    Libitina wrote: »

It's not so much the muffin top that makes me wince ......it's the camel toe.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I make sure my leggings are thick enough so that no-one can tell what I have on under them.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I make sure my leggings are thick enough so that no-one can tell what I have on under them.

Spoilsport

I prefer shorts that show at least 75% of bum cheeks anyway, it's usually girls with nice bodies who wear them aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not so much the muffin top that makes me wince ......it's the camel toe.

And the visible cellulite.

This is how leggings should be worn...

imagemaven.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/kim-kardashian-leggings.jpg

This how NOT to wear leggings...

midwestcatwalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/21skipantsseethrough.jpg
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Isn't this more of teen girl thing? As in, those too young to realise that shorts, a short skirt or a long blouse is an essential part of their outfit choice?

i tend to think "Aww, bless" rather than "Phwor" when I see some teen trying just that little bit too hard in her leggings/underwear faux pas.
This discussion has been closed.