Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Oh but it's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. :D

He might have been trying for some panty action but at least he was a gent in talking directly to you. That's rather nice.

I often think how differently things might have turned out.... I could have been quaffing champagne in Marbella with Cilla, Biggins and my long term partner Dale by now. :rolleyes:
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I could never do it. The old "they should be grateful to us because without us buying their songs/movies then they wouldn't have a career" argument is completely unfair because we aren't forced to buy their products..

I would agree with that point of view more if it wasn't for the extreme lengths many of these people go to to get famous and then to maintain that fame.
    Anyone who is on the gravy train needs to have respect for the people who are putting them there.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Prince Charles and Camilla and they were really nice to talk to. I also met Princess Anne and she was very nice too.

The Chuckle Brothers were also lovely and so funny. I went to school with Paul's son and one day I was in my newsagents after school and they gave me their autographs.

Apparently Prince Andrew was really rude and arrogant to one of my cousins but one of my aunts met him and said he was lovely.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Ryan is lovely :). Met him on the way into the Big Reunion. He and Abz and Scott from 5ive were walking in to rehearsal. They all stopped for pictures. Only me and my friend went to Lee but he was nice. I didn't know what to say to him but he was nice.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    Lee Ryan is lovely :). Met him on the way into the Big Reunion. He and Abz and Scott from 5ive were walking in to rehearsal. They all stopped for pictures. Only me and my friend went to Lee but he was nice. I didn't know what to say to him but he was nice.

Yeah, I've read a few people saying that Lee's really not the sharpest knife in the drawer (doesn't always think before he speaks!), but he's a really nice guy. I quite possibly *would* :o
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    I often think how differently things might have turned out.... I could have been quaffing champagne in Marbella with Cilla, Biggins and my long term partner Dale by now. :rolleyes:

There but for the grace of God, BurlyBear, there but for the grace... :D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    ameredith wrote: »
    I met Prince Charles and Camilla and they were really nice to talk to. I also met Princess Anne and she was very nice too.

The Chuckle Brothers were also lovely and so funny. I went to school with Paul's son and one day I was in my newsagents after school and they gave me their autographs.

Apparently Prince Andrew was really rude and arrogant to one of my cousins but one of my aunts met him and said he was lovely.

I believe the general consensus is Charles, Camilla and Anne are all really nice.

Never thought much of Andrew. There are plenty of reports of his rudeness around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Harry Styles a few weeks ago. He was pleasant enough. Had a quick chat and a photo. Not a fan by any stretch, but it was fun to wind up the 1D fans on Twitter :D
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I believe the general consensus is Charles, Camilla and Anne are all really nice.

Never thought much of Andrew. There are plenty of reports of his rudeness around.

Charles and Camilla tormented Diana. Prince Andrews goes to American paedo's party groping a young girl, SICK SICK SICK :mad:
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »

Don't normally like to pass on second-hand information, but since the topic came up...

My mother met Princess Anne a few years ago. Mum worked as a volunteer at a children's hospice of which HRH was a patron, and she (Princess Anne) came to open a new wing which had been built thanks to a substantial bequest.

After the official opening, photographs and glad-handing, Princess Anne shooed off her minders, sat with a couple of very sick young children and read them a story, then went off to the staff room to have a mug of tea and a natter with the nurses and volunteers.

My parents are Royalists in the sense of "we don't like 'em, but we like the alternatives even less", but to this day she won't hear a bad word said about Princess Anne.
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Matt Willis (ex Busted) last night, he was absolutely charming. He spent plenty of time with fans, chatting, signing stuff and having photos taken.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any Ideas wrote: »
    Reginald D Hunter

As he was mentioned - really nice bloke, and genuinely very funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Oh but it's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. :D

He might have been trying for some panty action but at least he was a gent in talking directly to you. That's rather nice.

Dale is a close cousin of one of my dads good friends and has always been a sweetheart. When he lost a tonne of weight a fair few years back, my dad and his friend had a fun evening there helping themselves to his old wardrobe.

My dad says he's a very nice man!
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I have huge respect for any celebrity who is nice to their fans. It sounds stupid but think about it. We might want to walk from our homes to the shops for 10 minutes and you might be a bit tired, stressed out and hope you don't bump into anyone you know and then you get irritated when you bump into a neighbour, but think about what it must be like to be famous. Every single day of your life no matter where you go or what you're doing or how you're feeling you're going to have a crowd of strangers flashing cameras in your face and demanding autographs and pictures taken with them. I mean, sure sometimes they'll be in a good mood and have no problem standing around outside for ages pleasing everyone, but if you've travelled for hours on the plane to another country and the minute you leave the airport you get hounded by tons of people?

I could never do it. The old "they should be grateful to us because without us buying their songs/movies then they wouldn't have a career" argument is completely unfair because we aren't forced to buy their products. You make the choice of purchasing their album and as a consequence of that the artist provides their fans with a tour and Meet and Greet opportunities. You do not pay for their album (or download it illegally) and then call Ed Sheeran an ignorant bastard because he's flew from America to the UK and didn't stop to sign autographs for 100 other people. You choose to buy his album with the reward being the album itself, not an invitation to stop him in public and bombard him with autograph or picture requests.

I just couldn't imagine it. I'm recovering from surgery just now and I need to go for walks to get my strength back. The thought of being famous and me being harassed by strangers while in this amount of pain and discomfort makes me feel a bit ill and makes me glad to be anonymous.

I think a lot depends on the person too - for example I think some celebs are natural extraverts of enjoy meeting their fans and interacting with them whilst some are much more intraverted. John Simm in an Radio Times interview was honest about feeling harassed by being approached by Doctor Who fans in the supermarket although none of them were particularly unpleasant - a friend of mine ran into him and said he was perfectly nice but seemed to not want the attention and that fits with the picture I have of him who a nice but very private man.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec are staying up at Cameron House Hotel in Scotland. They both got very drunk last night and were extremely rude to staff and customers in the bar. I have family up there, and have only heard this second-hand. Its put me off them as I was a big fan.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've read a few people saying that Lee's really not the sharpest knife in the drawer (doesn't always think before he speaks!), but he's a really nice guy. I quite possibly *would* :o

He's not that bad I think he has changed now over the years as he's reached 30 now. He's actually quite a deep sensitive guy if you read his tweets cares a lot about society.
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I see Cilla Blacks name popping up here a lot, someone finally called her on it in the Daily Mails comments. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2346264/I-wanted-naughty-girl-Sixties-says-Cilla--I-tried-cannabis-terrifying.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »
    Ant and Dec are staying up at Cameron House Hotel in Scotland. They both got very drunk last night and were extremely rude to staff and customers in the bar. I have family up there, and have only heard this second-hand. Its put me off them as I was a big fan.

Really surprised by this. I've never heard of them both being obnoxious and my own experience of them is of nothing less than delightful. Sad if true, hopefully there's a 'reason' for it.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lildeakin wrote: »
    Really surprised by this. I've never heard of them both being obnoxious and my own experience of them is of nothing less than delightful. Sad if true, hopefully there's a 'reason' for it.

If that was true we would have heard about it, one of the staff or customers would have gone to the press, phones would have been out taking pictures, it's a load of old tosh
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.
    Steps and Misha B were also really lovely but Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis

The cast of Geordie Shore are also lovely however I have heard bad things about certain members from other people I know
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.

I've met Cheryl Cole and she was very pleasant and smiley. Stunningly beautiful woman, too - an absolute raving beauty in person.
  • iwastheretooiwastheretoo Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    We just met Olly Murs. Absolutely lovely. Stopped to say hi to our dog. Daughter very very happy!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.
    Steps and Misha B were also really lovely but Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis

The cast of Geordie Shore are also lovely however I have heard bad things about certain members from other people I know

I've met the cast of Geordie Shore on a night out and was surprised who the nice ones were after watching the show, Gaz, Charlotte, Vicky and Scott were brilliant and my mates had a laugh but James, who I quite liked in the early series was a kn*b.. I was expecting Vicky to be quite abrupt but she was probably the nicest one to me and my mates
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met the cast of Geordie Shore on a night out and was surprised who the nice ones were after watching the show, Gaz, Charlotte, Vicky and Scott were brilliant and my mates had a laugh but James, who I quite liked in the early series was a kn*b.. I was expecting Vicky to be quite abrupt but she was probably the nicest one to me and my mates

I agree Vicky was definitely the nicest one when i met them i thought Sophie was the unfriendliest out of the bunch
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    If that was true we would have heard about it, one of the staff or customers would have gone to the press, phones would have been out taking pictures, it's a load of old tosh

It was a private hotel in Scotland. If the staff had gone to the press about clients they would loss their jobs. A lot of famous people stay there, so there is a confidentiality clause. The customer are rather posh, so they are not the type that would go to the press either. Not everything gets into the press.