Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread, Week #18

Comments

• mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    zak2012 wrote: »
    sky should bring some internationl channels to "international section" otherwise we should just called indian or pakistani,i wonder why people need nearly 50 or more channels in aisan?

i bet if sky news arabia not get 796 it will got for another indian channel lol,

Abu Dahbi tv was only arabic channel and they removed shame and many other useless ""international channels"" still on

There are a few Arabic (or mostly in Arabic) language channels on Sky.

There are channels in French, Portuguese and Chinese too.

Forum Member
    Abu Bhabi TV is now off-air via the Manual Tune Menu
    and it has a message on screen when you Manual Tune Sky News Arabia

Don't know what you are looking at.

I can still see Abu Dhabi TV. Sky News Arabia is still on 4645 and encrypted.
  • TommyOliverTommyOliver Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Would be good to see Germany channels back
  • zak2012zak2012 Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    There are a few Arabic (or mostly in Arabic) language channels on Sky.

There are channels in French, Portuguese and Chinese too.

No there is only 1 arabic channel which is Al Jazeera children,im sure 0 children watch it lol

and yes there is 1 french and 1 Brazil not portuguese and 1 chinese, all others in urdu or indians maybe more than 50 channels,

would be nice see some more europen channels and maybe middle eastern
  • zak2012zak2012 Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    I sent email to Abu Dhabi tv,and this is thier reply

"" thanks for contacting ADMC,

dear sir ,

we are working on this problem we'll inform you with the updates
    Forum Member
    zak2012 wrote: »
    No there is only 1 arabic channel which is Al Jazeera children,im sure 0 children watch it lol

and yes there is 1 french and 1 Brazil not portuguese and 1 chinese, all others in urdu or indians maybe more than 50 channels,

would be nice see some more europen channels and maybe middle eastern

That's right, Record TV is Brazilian, I didn't mean to suggest there was a Portuguese channel, merely it was broadcast in Portuguese.

The poster said Abu Dhabi was the only Arabic channel but as you rightly say so is Aljazeera Children (I have no idea how many kids watch it!). From what I have seen UCTV is also mostly broadcast in Arabic.
  • daniel34daniel34 Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    M60 wrote: »
    Just received a Vintage TV email newsletter update with this info:

Is your viewing interrupted during thunderstorms? Have you lost Vintage TV altogether? Worry no more; we’re moving to a stronger position, which should make us less susceptible to changes in the weather. This move will be seamless to all Sky and Freesat viewers, but other viewers please take note: from Monday 7th May we are migrating to a new Downlink Centre Frequency, 12643.35 MHz (horizontal polarisation), so make sure to re-tune. We don’t want to lose you. Full information on how Vintage TV can be received is on our website.

I wonder if the bitrates will be increased as a result of this?

Not happened freesat still on old transponder
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,594
    Forum Member
    daniel34 wrote: »
    Not happened freesat still on old transponder

Yep, I guess it will change this or next week.
  • daniel34daniel34 Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Yep, I guess it will change this or next week.

Thing is with vintage tv its one of the better music channels and the thing brakes up on the night. Had 3 different dish people out to luck at the dish and they can not find anything wrong with it. Only channel it happens on as well. Tuned the tests into non freesat mode and it works perfect from new transponder so I want to see it changed on epg asap :D:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Would be good to see Germany channels back

Why? Is it for certain channels or late night shows? ;)
    Forum Member
    daniel34 wrote: »
    Thing is with vintage tv its one of the better music channels and the thing brakes up on the night. Had 3 different dish people out to luck at the dish and they can not find anything wrong with it. Only channel it happens on as well. Tuned the tests into non freesat mode and it works perfect from new transponder so I want to see it changed on epg asap :D:D

It will happen fairly soon, if the new feed has now and next info that too is a good sign a change is imminent. Sky and Freesat usually like a couple of weeks testing before the EPG is novated on both platforms. Now they are doing well they've obviously coughed up a bit more money for a higher power Txp. I've not seen the new feed yet, is the PQ any better on it than the existing one?
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen the new feed yet, is the PQ any better on it than the existing one?
    No:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abu Bhabi TV is now off-air via the Manual Tune Menu
    and it has a message on screen when you Manual Tune Sky News Arabia

I still cannot find that Welsh local TV channel either - Aberdovey TV :rolleyes:
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Is it for certain channels or late night shows? ;)

Tutti Frutti rules OK!!;):p
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still cannot find that Welsh local TV channel either - Aberdovey TV :rolleyes:

that is because he is telling porkies
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member

Funny you should say that.. I just found their 3d glasses, the gray lens ones :)
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    Funny you should say that.. I just found their 3d glasses, the gray lens ones :)

WOW! 3D glasses, I'd forgotten about those,

The Golden age of DTH Satellite has truley past us by,
    now everything is stuck behind a pay wall, well not everything, but you know what I mean.

I never did got a pair of them, the 3D glasses that is, :cool:

Stop sniggering at the back!!
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have 3D Glasses taken from VUE Cinemas
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    daniel99 wrote: »
    that is because he is telling porkies

I fancy a porkie pie right now :D

Got it ;) Is that show still going?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    WOW! 3D glasses, I'd forgotten about those,

I never did got a pair of them, the 3D glasses that is, :cool:

Memories.. I remember tutti fruiti very well.. probably have some episodes on VHS here as well LOL
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UPDATE

NEW

10.743 H

1270 - no signal

Sky box Office 22 has moved from 11.934 V to 11.914 H
    Sky Box Office 12 has moved from 11.914 H to 11.934 V
  • obrienmichael05obrienmichael05 Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    UPDATE

NEW

10.743 H

1270 - no signal

Sky box Office 22 has moved from 11.934 V to 11.914 H
    Sky Box Office 12 has moved from 11.914 H to 11.934 V
    This is showing RTE 2 HD which launched on the irsih DTT platform Saorview last May. I wonder when it is going to be added to the irish epg. Nice one RTE. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it will stay on Sky and then they might launch the other RTÉ channels (News Now, One +1 etc.) as well.

:D
  • mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just for those interested, RTE 2 HD is, perhaps unsurprisingly, not available on a UK viewing card.
    Forum Member
    This is showing RTE 2 HD which launched on the irsih DTT platform Saorview last May. I wonder when it is going to be added to the irish epg. Nice one RTE. :D

When was all the gaming and interactive stuff removed from this TP, noticed there's now loads of null packets with only the Eire TV and RTE Radio services remaining (plus what is RTE2 HD).