Options

Prince Harry always out and about, how come no one has assassinated him?

SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im being serious when i say this but he is obviously part of the royal family and is seen roaming nightclubs out and about just like any other person, and why not hey?

But the thing im saying is surely he is a target by terrorists? why has no one assassinated him yet with him being high status, i just find it strange that he is out and about and at risk of being killed.

Comments

• Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody cares about him. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    Because apart from in the media, his death would have no effect on the running or functionality of the country. They wouldn't waste their time on our royals.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they maybe dont think he's high profile enough? Not sure really. Trouble is he cant not go out, just wouldn't be practical.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Why would they want to?? :confused: There's no reason to.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is every reason for a terrorist to take out Harry. It would be a massive massive advert for their cause and a huge blow to moral in the west. I bet he's not as easy to get next to as some people might imagine.
  • Options
    jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    There is every reason for a terrorist to take out Harry. It would be a massive massive advert for their cause and a huge blow to moral in the west. I bet he's not as easy to get next to as some people might imagine.

Perhaps its a reflection of how few real terrorists there are :rolleyes:
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There would probably be a huge backlash against the people that did it though - I'm sure I read somewhere that at one stage the IRA were thinking about having a go at taking out the Queen but they realised that they would not survive the resulting backlash
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If he was actually in the army, he would be surrounded by loads of bodyguards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    jassi wrote: »

^this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    There would probably be a huge backlash against the people that did it though - I'm sure I read somewhere that at one stage the IRA were thinking about having a go at taking out the Queen but they realised that they would not survive the resulting backlash

I'm fairly sure that a fundamentalist extremeist suicide bomber isn't going to worry too much about winning over the hearts and minds of middle England and if they had the chance they would blow Harry up into a myriad tiny pieces. Perhaps more relavant to the IRA but it's not going to bother some of todays terrorists is it?

When I say it would be good propaganda I didn't mean it would win people over to their way of thinking but that it would be symbolic of the terrorists ability to strike right at the very heart of the establishment of the UK. There isn't a much more potent symbol of Great Britain than a member of the imidiate royal family.

As somebody has said it could just be indicative of how very few terrorists there really are, especialy who are positioned so as to be able to cause mayhem and destruction on a large scale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    If he was actually in the army, he would be surrounded by loads of bodyguards.

I thought he was in the army. How comes you're such an operational expert all of a sudden. Do you work for the secret services.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jassi wrote: »

I think that's a little wishful thinking.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Perhaps some credit should go to the £50m a year we spend on protecting the Royal Family, a fair chunk of which must go on Harry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/5325467/Junior-royals-should-not-have-24-hour-protection.html
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At a guess I'd say it's because this "be afraid, be very afraid" stuff the media and governments like to push on everyone is totally overblown, and that Prince Harry is far more likely to be accidentally run over by one of his own tanks than assassinated.

As are any of us for that matter, even if we never go near an Army camp.
  • Options
    Marcus BradshawMarcus Bradshaw Posts: 4,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite aside from the fact they'd probably be doing the royal family a favour, the islamic terrorist threat is bullshit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    I think that's a little wishful thinking.

Or a reality check - I don't think there has yet been any assassination attempt on anyone, royal or otherwise by our 'radical enemies'
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They IRA murdered the much loved war hero Lord Mountbatten. If they were still at their peak I believe they would target Harry. As for the other extremists, seems like either our police and secret services are doing some wonderfully successful secret work or these extremists are loud but unwilling to act very often on their nutty ideals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You_mo wrote: »
    They IRA murdered the much loved war hero Lord Mountbatten. If they were still at their peak I believe they would target Harry. As for the other extremists, seems like either our police and secret services are doing some wonderfully successful secret work or these extremists are loud but unwilling to act very often on their nutty ideals.

Perhaps a bit of both.
    I suspect they (terry) do a lot of talking but are not really very organised.

If I were a terrorist, I would lay loads of false trails to keep the police busy, while getting on with the main job.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite aside from the fact they'd probably be doing the royal family a favour, the islamic terrorist threat is bullshit.

Why do you say that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you say that?

a) http://www.sxolsout.org.uk/index_files/Harry_Hewitt.jpg

b) The so called terrorist threat was hyped into existence for reasons I'm sure you're aware of.
  • Options
    Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Mountbatten assasination was a major mistake on the IRA's part, they lost a lot of support for that, which is why they laid of the Queen and co
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Not quite bullshit, there is a risk however I fully agree the risk is way, way, way over exaggerated.

We were under far more risk from the IRA's activities back in the 70s,80s and early 90s. We are also under a far greater risk of dying in a car accident, or from normal everyday activities than from Islamic terrorism.

But then again, after the fall of Communism Western governments needed another bogeyman to keep us all scared, and to allow them to introduce tighter and tighter controls. Along came dem pesky Mooslems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite bullshit, there is a risk however I fully agree the risk is way, way, way over exaggerated.

We were under far more risk from the IRA's activities back in the 70s,80s and early 90s. We are also under a far greater risk of dying in a car accident, or from normal everyday activities than from Islamic terrorism.

But then again, after the fall of Communism Western governments needed another bogeyman to keep us all scared, and to allow them to introduce tighter and tighter controls. Along came dem pesky Mooslems.

Yep, you're going to get nutters from all walks of life, it doesn't mean they're organised or have the capability to carry out acts of terrorism. The threat from the far right in parts of europe is likely to present greater risk.

Anyone that went to northern Ireland during the troubles or has been to Israel will tell you what happens when there is a real threat of terrorist attack.

They don't just put a load more CCTV cameras up and make you drink baby milk before you get on a plane to prove it's not a bomb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody has offered me enough money to do it.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    He does have security people with him when he's out, it's just that they prefer not to be photographed, hence you don't see them.