Options

Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders

2»

Comments

• Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - I inwardly groaned when I saw that MGG had directed as I haven't liked other eps he directed, but it was actually pretty well done.

I did like they veered away from the formula above - I thought of that post when the computers went out - How's Garcia going to find the unsub now!!! :D

That was only bit that I actually found annoying.

As if Garcia wouldn't have a massive uninterruptible power supply for just the above scenario.

She has all the latest tech, a massive system and obviously massive knowledge but decided to forgo the uninterruptible power supply? Completely unbelievable.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    That was only bit that I actually found annoying.

As if Garcia wouldn't have a massive uninterruptible power supply for just the above scenario.

She has all the latest tech, a massive system and obviously massive knowledge but decided to forgo the uninterruptible power supply? Completely unbelievable.

I suspend belief as much as possible with CM as the science, psychology and legal process is generally utterly inaccurate. Like Hotch saying the chap at the beginning was a Murderer - er.... no he isn't. He hasn't been convicted of murder so he isn't a murderer. And the explanation of the hallucinations.... I did giggle a bit.

So the lack of a UPS & Garcia just unplugging the computers from a normal extension cable (not even surge protection!! :D ) was laughable but just normal for CM. Bet it wasn't even PAT tested :D
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspend belief as much as possible with CM as the science, psychology and legal process is generally utterly inaccurate. Like Hotch saying the chap at the beginning was a Murderer - er.... no he isn't. He hasn't been convicted of murder so he isn't a murderer. And the explanation of the hallucinations.... I did giggle a bit.

So the lack of a UPS & Garcia just unplugging the computers from a normal extension cable (not even surge protection!! :D ) was laughable but just normal for CM. Bet it wasn't even PAT tested :D

I know but everyone has the things that bug them personally.

I don't know about law and physiology etc so can ignore it when those things are given the TV treatment and happily go along with the reality suspension.

I do know about computers so having a supposed tech guru like Garcia be stopped in her tracks by a power cut and using a regular old plug bugs me!

Had it been anyone else it would have REALLY annoyed me haha. But Garcia is my favourite so I can forgive her.

Still. I did enjoy the episode. I found it really creepy.

I also read someone that JLH may not be returning next series? I hope that's not true. They've had no luck cast wise since Prentiss left have they. I didn't warm to Blake basically because they didn't nothing with her. And whilst I haven't massively warmed to Kate either, she's okay and I'd hate yet another cast change. Unless of course it was to bring Prentiss back (personally thought the show was at its best with that cast).
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time surely for Criminal Minds to finish as every episode follows the same pattern
    1.. A killer strikes
    2. Garcia explains the situation to the team (always mentioning the word 'yucky')
    3. Hutch announces 'wheels up in 30'
    4. situation is discussed on the plane
    5. another victim appears in the vicinity
    6. Garcia miraculously finds some tenuous link to the killer by cross referencing everything under the sun on her computer
    7. The team get to the victim just when he/she is about to be killed and the killer is shot dead before he has a chance to strike.
    8. One of the team reads a pointless quote from a poet or a scientist
    9. The end

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........