Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    I think Annalise, Scott and Rob come to the foreground over the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully we get more than just Scott bailing Rob out then looking at them from a distance. That gets boring too fast.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    I think Annalise, Scott and Rob come to the foreground over the next couple of weeks.
    I read that they have some sort of falling out and we might get to see Rob's darker side? Well not darker but he does something. This would all be well good if we'd seen it all bubbling uo, but they've been off-screen for ages and now it's just gonna happen all at once
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward tonight's E4 episode, see what Callum and maddie do next and what's else is in store for poor George! Should be good!
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Hopefully we get more than just Scott bailing Rob out then looking at them from a distance. That gets boring too fast.
    No - it does move on a bit it seems, although whether it'll move back to the status quo a week later remains to be seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I read that they have some sort of falling out and we might get to see Rob's darker side? Well not darker but he does something. This would all be well good if we'd seen it all bubbling uo, but they've been off-screen for ages and now it's just gonna happen all at once

I'm not sure about that, but
    He does flirt with Theresa as far as I know, and Will gets mad, but the housemates tie him up and have it out with him so i'm sure that will make his amend his post-breakup behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about that, but
    He does flirt with Theresa as far as I know, and Will gets mad, but the housemates tie him up and have it out with him so i'm sure that will make his amend his post-breakup behaviour.
    Bit bored of it always being Theresa if you get me. Joel and now Rob and she always seems to be in some triangle. Ah well, sounds ok and will be good to see the students again
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member

I am betting it will all happen when they get back from their holiday that I assume they are still on, something happened and that's it, which again is offscreen.. This storyline since it has started has been more offscreen than on and when it was on, it was repeat over and over. I was enjoying this storyline, one of the only storylines of it's type that I actually liked and they haven't even focused on it this year, apart from a 2 minute scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    I am betting it will all happen when they get back from their holiday that I assume they are still on, something happened and that's it, which again is offscreen.. This storyline since it has started has been more offscreen than on and when it was on, it was repeat over and over. I was enjoying this storyline, one of the only storylines of it's type that I actually liked and they haven't even focused on it this year, apart from a 2 minute scene.

Yea like someone said above that it just kept showing Scott looking aimless and hopeless after doing something nice for Annalease. Think we had a few occasions where it happened and it was months apart. It's a shame the students got pretty much shunned, they were quite promising, now it's even hard to care what's going on with them. But you never know it could be done really well, but in my opinion HO has been a bit all over the place recently.
    Forum Member
    Yea like someone said above that it just kept showing Scott looking aimless and hopeless after doing something nice for Annalease. Think we had a few occasions where it happened and it was months apart. It's a shame the students got pretty much shunned, they were quite promising, now it's even hard to care what's going on with them. But you never know it could be done really well, but in my opinion HO has been a bit all over the place recently.

I think the students have only had about 20-30mins worth of screen time this year and it is March already. This years Hollyoaks is a mess, there may have some good moments, but overall it has been quite poor and they are running through storylines so fast.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Darren and Jack were great last night. I just love those two together. Everything else was rubbish. I see Mitzeee has promoted herself to Riley's sister now, referring to herself and Carmel as 'Bobby's two glamorous aunties'. For a story that's presumably meant to be gripping, the whole George and Phoebe thing is not gripping me at all. The actors involved are just not up to the job. They don't have the acting chops or the personal charm/charisma to make me care in the slightest what happens to George, Phoebe, or indeed Thunder. Where is Brendan when you need him?
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Darren and Jack were great last night. I just love those two together. Everything else was rubbish. I see Mitzeee has promoted herself to Riley's sister now, referring to herself and Carmel as 'Bobby's two glamorous aunties'. For a story that's presumably meant to be gripping, the whole George and Phoebe thing is not gripping me at all. The actors involved are just not up to the job. They don't have the acting chops or the personal charm/charisma to make me care in the slightest what happens to George, Phoebe, or indeed Thunder. Where is Brendan when you need him?

Back tonight. ;)

Hallelujah. :cool:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Back tonight. ;)

Hooray! Not a moment too soon.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »

They have made the mistake of not mixing the new, not so experienced actors with the more experienced cast. The teens are pretty much just among themselves in every scene, a very secluded group, and when most of them still lack some of the confidence and talent, the scenes do not bring whatever they are supposed to. IMO all the teen actors who regularly mix with the older cast are better.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Steven and Mandip are great! Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes and it appears the storyline is doing well for the ratings. Bonus eh? :D
    Forum Member
    They have made the mistake of not mixing the new, not so experienced actors with the more experienced cast. The teens are pretty much just among themselves in every scene, a very secluded group, and when most of them still lack some of the confidence and talent, the scenes do not bring whatever they are supposed to. IMO all the teen actors who regularly mix with the older cast are better.

Who are you thinking of Fingers?

Some of the younger cast are definitely decent actors. Jazz Franks is very good as Esther.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Who are you thinking of Fingers?

Some of the younger cast are definitely decent actors. Jazz Franks is very good as Esther.

Ruby is not bad, and she is much better in her scenes with the adults. Sinead is quite good, and Bart as well is good in his scenes with the adults. Esther as well. Those come to my mind at first. I might be over critical, but when the teens are alone in their scenes, they all become emotioneless mumbling stonefaces, that I can't watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruby is not bad, and she is much better in her scenes with the adults. Sinead is quite good, and Bart as well is good in his scenes with the adults. Esther as well. Those come to my mind at first. I might be over critical, but when the teens are alone in their scenes, they all become emotioneless mumbling stonefaces, that I can't watch it.

I think as a group they don't seem to have any real chemistry. It doesn't seem like they've all been friends for years and the 'banter' and stuff they have just doesn't gel.
    Forum Member
    I think Steven and Mandip are great! Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes and it appears the storyline is doing well for the ratings. Bonus eh? :D

I can see why it got a rating boost because of the end of the episode before, but after the let down of yesterday's E4 I would be surprised if kept the boost.

It wasn't gripping, George running but then walking into the car was weak, they should have had that guy grab him, then walking into the house and room was just weird. George going crazy and trying to escape was also weird, it was rightly compared to Noah banging on the door all those months ago.

Plus Callum was not really good yesterday, his fear and worry for George was like the rest of his acting, quite wooden and in normal situation his acting is okay, just him being him, but when he is meant to be worried for a friend, it was not good. Also having Maddie make it about her was typical Maddie and she will do nothing to improve the storyline.
    Forum Member

I'd agree with that. Anna Shaffer is pretty good. I don't know how she did it, but she managed to make Ruby sympathetic when she started out as a terrible cow.

It's funny, I've always though Sinead was way better with her family - loved her scenes with Diane and Finn. And I'm no Bart fan, but he's not bad with the McQueens, definitely.

I think I put 99% of my brain on standby when we get the 6th form scenes now. It's painful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I put 99% of my brain on standby when we get the 6th form scenes now. It's painful.

I've booked a lobotomy for Monday, it's the only way I'm going to survive another round of babe-ing. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back tonight. ;)

you have no idea how happy that makes me for tonights HO

I love the tachmeister so much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why it got a rating boost because of the end of the episode before, but after the let down of yesterday's E4 I would be surprised if kept the boost.

It wasn't gripping, George running but then walking into the car was weak, they should have had that guy grab him, then walking into the house and room was just weird. George going crazy and trying to escape was also weird, it was rightly compared to Noah banging on the door all those months ago.

Plus Callum was not really good yesterday, his fear and worry for George was like the rest of his acting, quite wooden and in normal situation his acting is okay, just him being him, but when he is meant to be worried for a friend, it was not good. Also having Maddie make it about her was typical Maddie and she will do nothing to improve the storyline.

I agree. The ratings boost must have been based on the part closure of the SL which was great. Last night EP concerning the George SL, his so called impatience/anger and Maddies and Callums concerns were very weak. Those who tuned in to see a repeat of the old SL will be sadly disappointed. I hope, but think, that this whole SL is not going to be centred around Maddie to the rescue. Gawd forbid :(:(. I am really not understanding ES's love of Scarlett just because they have worked together before. Smacks of nepotism. But casting a 25 yr old in the role of a 17 yr old is power to the cause :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    duckmoo wrote: »
    I've booked a lobotomy for Monday, it's the only way I'm going to survive another round of babe-ing. ;)

I hate to see what you will do when it comes to Abersoch part 2! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Just when i thought i couldn't hate George any more, he goes and says that about the dog. How can Rilley, Seth and Carl not be seen right for Hollyoaks but George gets to stay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to see what you will do when it comes to Abersoch part 2! :p

By then my mind shall be a fuzzier, happier place, the words 'babe' and 'totes' shall be not but a distant memory. ;)
This discussion has been closed.