Digital Spy confessions room - confess all here!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I have a guilty delight in 70s sexual and smutty comedy films and television.

your weird :D
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Mr H had an old RAF greatcoat he wore and wore - was his favourite thing (bit like the one Capt Jack Harkness wears in Dr Who). I began to hate this thing with a passion. One day when he was out I accidentally killed it. Oh dear.

He didn't notice it was gone straight away. But when he did...

Charming wife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    In my previous IT role at a local authority all emails containing any word on the banned list would be quarantined and the employee sending or receiving it would get an automated email telling them so and to call the service desk if it was work related and needed released and it would be reviewed. Sometimes this would be legitmate (social work cases etc) but it was incredible how often people would log calls and ask for emails to be released that were from their partners or people they were having affairs with. Always found it quite amusing phoning them back to say 'sorry, but what x wants to do with you this evening is not business critical' :D

I used to get this a fair bit, people saying they needed an email to be released from the firewall, to release it we had to open it, there are so many ways that peoples IT stuff can be viewed i think they'd be alarmed if they knew them all :P

worst thing i've done is put a little girl in hospital when i was a kid, was ****ing about on halloween, sat on top of my parents garage with a mate, firing stones at pumpkins in peoples gardens etc (boredom is a terrible thing)

the next day at school i saw my mate who was looking a bit rough, asked him what was up and he said "some **** hit my sister with a stone outside your house last night, she slipped one of the discs in her back"

thank **** she was ok.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    This is a mild one...

About 15 years ago the internal power supply in my PC died (with a loud pop!).

It would cost me about £100 for Compaq to replace it (wasn't the generic kind we have today)...

...then I noticed a PC exactly like mine in the queue of PCs awaiting repair sitting outside PC Support at work. So, the next time I was on nightshift I took in my knackered PSU & swapped it. :o:o

Worked a dream. :D
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On The Buses is classic.:D
  • Neutral_5Neutral_5 Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Managed to hitch an extra ride on the train despite my ticket clearly stating one particular stop!

I was a bag of nerves when the train conductor was checking passengers for tickets and I stood in the door way to hide my presence. He somehow didn't notice me, but when I got off the train, he looked at and I looked at him. I just fled down the stairs of the station in the dark as quick as I could and ran to the nearest bus-stop - don't know how I pulled it off!
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    On The Buses is classic.:D

Nearest And Dearest too!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Has anyone seen Casanova 73, a sitcom with Leslie Philips? From what I've seen and heard, that looks pretty racy!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I stood on a beach with a gun in my hand, stared at the sea and stared at the sand
    I stared down the barrel at the arab on the ground, I saw his open mouth but I heard no sound

I felt alive, but inside I was dead.
    I was a stranger, who killed an arab.:(

*Before anyone accuses me of racism, it's harmless song lyrics
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely these must be the confessions films in relation to this thread?
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I stood on a beach with a gun in my hand, stared at the sea and stared at the sand
    I stared down the barrel at the arab on the ground, I saw his open mouth but I heard no sound

I felt alive, but inside I was dead.
    I was a stranger, who killed an arab.:(

*Before anyone accuses me of racism, it's harmless song lyrics

I was listening to that an hour ago.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Skyclad wrote: »
    Not at all.

Exchange is easy, yes, because you can just open any mailbox.

Webmail is not much more difficult - plenty of tools available that will search the traffic logs and reconstruct your web session in seconds.

If you don't want it to be seen don't use the company network.
    Well when comparing levels of complexity, I would say there's definitely a difference - and it affects the likelihood of one to happen over the other.

And that's all it can take for a bored IT guy to decide whether to snoop or not to snoop. In my own case, I just couldn't be bothered with trying to recreate web sessions (and use the tools needed to use the password data, etc). Also, accessing a private web-based email account just feels like it's more on dodgy grounds.

Coming from someone who used to do these naughty things, it's all way too much effort; it stands to reason for regular office workers, using gmail for confidential emails is a better bet than having private dialogue through an internal server based messaging system that's managed/directly tracked/backed up locally.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was listening to that an hour ago.

Now THAT'S a confession!! :eek:

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The IT folks, don't you have a robust internet/social media policy?
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    I've worked in several IT departments, and they've all been rather lacking in IT policy and very hazy in the way they're communicated. Particularly when it comes to email/internet usage.

Granted, these were not large coorporations where policies are perhaps more likely to be enforced. But small-to-medium size companies are very lax in such things in my experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    I've worked in several IT departments, and they've all been rather lacking in IT policy and very hazy in the way they're communicated. Particularly when it comes to email/internet usage.

Granted, these were not large coorporations where policies are perhaps more likely to be enforced. But small-to-medium size companies are very lax in such things in my experience.

There's only 6 of us and I spent weeks writing ours and getting it right.

But I'm an anal policy queen though :o
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I like listening to N Dubz, nana
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to be a bad little git, broke into a house, set fire to a bunch of trees.

Loads more but don't wanna write them on here lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been morally corrupt and don't doubt I wouldn't be again in the future if I was in similar circumstances.

I do loathe stealing but I bet all those crusaders who judge others have done similar things in the past themselves.

It doesn't mean they can't have an opinion now in hindsight, but a little understanding would go a long way.

As would not singleing out ONE person on this thread without commenting on the many others who have stolen.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »

I work in a university now. Nothing at all is blocked but everything is logged. Due to the sheer number of users (about 40000) we don't pay much attention unless we're asked to investigate something.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must add, the house was empty when we broke into it, and found loads of dirty mags in it lol
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen Casanova 73, a sitcom with Leslie Philips? From what I've seen and heard, that looks pretty racy!

No memory of that but have been enjoying the cheesy Hammer Horrors on the Horror Channel of a Saturday night - not the original films but some late 70s/early 80s Made For TV ones. Brilliant stuff. Have some interesting actors in, like Denholm Elliot, too.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Not so mild...

When at school, I wrote a large, very derogatory (c-word), bit of graffiti about one of my teachers on a wall leading to the local shopping centre. It stayed there for weeks!

But I'd forgotten two teachers at my school had the same surname... the one I hadn't meant to offend was a really nice chap too.. Ho hum!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    I work in a university now. Nothing at all is blocked but everything is logged. Due to the sheer number of users (about 40000) we don't pay much attention unless we're asked to investigate something.
    My policies are more around fidelity, I don't want someone slagging us off on their FB pages fi they get the sack :D
    I must add, the house was empty when we broke into it, and found loads of dirty mags in it lol

Name and shame!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm lord Lucan