Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode, does anyone know if Betty, Mark and Bono actually leave?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Mark say he was after his baptism certificate - shouldn't she have started stripping then? :p:o

Great episode; the scene with Dermot and his false teeth seemed hard to get through. :D

EDIT: Ignore me; I just watched the clip back and Mark clicked his fingers which snapped Agnes out of it.
  • GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The eldest son and Betty aren't actually leaving are they?

I know they don't get as much to do but I wouldn't want the family to get any smaller.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Didn't Mark say he was after his baptism certificate - shouldn't she have started stripping then? :p:o

Great episode; the scene with Dermot and his false teeth seemed hard to get through. :D

She did, but her daughter saw her through the hatch and clicked her fingers.

Edit: thought it was her daughter, I need to watch more closely!!
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,118
    Forum Member
    Still don't get the 'buckin' instead of '****in', is that how the Irish pronounce it (the subtitles still say ****in whenever Mrs Brown says buckin' but she says feckin' and ****in' every now and then)?
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    That was far better than last weeks, which I didn't enjoy much at all.
    A few jokes were really obvious, but that didn't stop the being hilarious.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it tonight. Absolutely hilarious. :D
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Still don't get the 'buckin' instead of '****in', is that how the Irish pronounce it (the subtitles still say ****in whenever Mrs Brown says buckin' but she says feckin' and ****in' every now and then)?

No its not how the Irish pronounce it-
    Buckin is used when people don't want to say the f word but want you to know what they mean at the same time- my irish mum in law says it all the time and she isn't actually swearing (according to her) but most people here say it as it is meant to be said!!
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. Really funny!
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,173
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed that, particularly Dermot in the Hawaiian shirt, being Elvis :) I expect during the course of the series Mark and Betty will decide or be persuaded to stay, but that will be the ongoing theme behind the series...
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really for me tonight. Too silly.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Buster being sat on the swing absolutely cracked me up - missed the next couple of minutes as I was laughing so much :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    sorry to hear about mark (lord i was crying)
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight was brilliant:D its so funny when they cant say their lines for laughing they must hav so much fun making the programme . And little bono is actually the grandson Jamie, marvelous how the whole family is involved its not often you see that .
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Winnie, go up and tell Mr. Foley he wants ya!" LMAO! :D:D
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    This link was posted on the Mrs Brown's Boys facebook page "Heroes Never Die" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0845AHgJfQ Enjoy!

When I watched that it had me in tears:cry: then when she was on the stage saying the story of baby jesus in the empty threater had me in tears:cry:
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if this series' arc is about Mark and Betty just as Series 1 was about Dermot and Maria's wedding and series 2 was about the pregnancy. This week's episode was great but I do like how it flip between serious and funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I didn't particularly enjoy last week's episodes but thought it was much better tonight. The second half was absolutely hysterical. When this show gets it right there really isn't anything better on TV! :)
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Miles more entertaining than the abysmal 'Miranda'.
    This thread deserves page 1 status whereas her programme thread doesn't.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,118
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    No its not how the Irish pronounce it-
    Buckin is used when people don't want to say the f word but want you to know what they mean at the same time- my irish mum in law says it all the time and she isn't actually swearing (according to her) but most people here say it as it is meant to be said!!

It's still broadcast after 9pm so 'he' would be allowed to use '****in'. :D
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though last nights was really funny, and was cracking up when Dermot was trying to talk dressed up in that awful shirt and those false teeth! :D

I was forced to endure the absolutely godawful Miranda before hand and sat stony faced at the TV for the duration. Is that crap supposed to be funny? Miranda Hart has to be the most talentless and unfunny (and also luckiest) woman on TV... apart from Millican. :mad:
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the comparison with Miranda was telling. Mrs Brown was inventive and funny in a slapstick way whereas Miranda last night seemed forced and was mostly unfunny. Both leads look directly at the camera to make use of the viewer to underline the joke but Mrs Brown's Boys does it so much better.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was laughing so loud last night that I ended up waking the wife up, which she wasn't so pleased about. Really enjoyed Mrs Brown's Boys last night.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel I shouldnt like it but it makes me laugh like a drain you just need to think outside the box really
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it but thought it relied too much on slapstick and bloopers instead of clever writing.