Movie 43

emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously, I am at a lost for words having watched this. :eek:

How on earth did they get all those big names to agree to star in this drivel??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got this from lovefilm today and it was hilarious.ignore all the bad reviews,its brilliant.if you like your comedy silly,childish,tasteless then you'll love it.superb.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avoided it like the plague at the cinema, but heard it wasn't bad so gave it a rent also from lovefilm.
    Just seen it tonight, and though it reminded of the type of humour seen in the Scary Movie films, didn't think it was to bad. Seeing those big names doing what they did was funny!
    Loved the advert sequences!
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this earlier and laughed all the way through. It's Kentucky Fried Movie for the 21st century. The actors were such good sports to appear in this.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I must have had a sense of humour failure then, because I thought it was dire when I watched it.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it hilarious, kudos to all the actors involved for having a bit of fun, and not worrying about their 'cred'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet to watch this, but a lot of big names, I've heard of almost all of them.

I think this is a Marmite film.
  • bidleybipbidleybip Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I went to see Movie 43 in the cinema and thought it was ok seen alot worse to be honest, some skits were funny whilst some skits were not, I think one of the reasons it got such bad reviews was because of the big name stars that were in the film.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after reading this thread i thought i would give it a go , wish i hadn't bothered . honestly say that without doubt it was the worst film i have seen this year easily .
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    I can only presume that the studio that made this had incriminating photos of all the actors in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I can only presume that the studio that made this had incriminating photos of all the actors in it.

The producers have admitted that they guilted everyone into appearing in it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers have admitted that they guilted everyone into appearing in it...

I've heard this before (and worse) but how though? I don't understand how they did that to all of them! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I've heard this before (and worse) but how though? I don't understand how they did that to all of them! :confused:

The producers very successful with their past work, and know/are related to pretty much all of them. And given the fact it was likely a days shooting at most. It was very hard for them to worm out of...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers very successful with their past work, and know/are related to pretty much all of them. And given the fact it was likely a days shooting at most. It was very hard for them to worm out of...

Ahh, yes that makes sense then. Oh well, there were so many celebs/high profile actors in it that I don't think it really impacted on many career's thankfully. Easy money it seems.
  • GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing this...almost 2 hours of my life I'll never get back...just awful
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I wrote about Movie 43 soon after seeing it ..
    Think of the worst film you've ever seen. Now get a spade and start digging around underneath that until you reach the 7th layer of Hell.

Now find a chair made of razor blades, nails and broken glass and sit on it. Just to be absolutely certain you don't move, have someone tie your arms and legs to the chair with barbed wire.

Now have the same person hammer rusty nails into your eyes and then pour red hot chilli sauce over your genitals. See if you can get them to find an elephant to trample the aforementioned genitals as well.

Package all of that together and you'll find an experience far more enjoyable than sitting through 99.9% of this film.

I say 99.9% because I did find one thing funny - the fake advert about children inside machines *was* quite clever. But it wasn't clever enough to earn this even half a star.

I'm sure it was the Daily Mail's fault ..
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Im a little late to the party but I found this on Netflix last night. It was just something to have on in the background while I played around on the laptop.

But once I got to the first of the clips I had to rewind, start again and pay attention. I loved it. My sides were splitting with the stupidness of it. I might have been a bit pissed if I'd paid to see it in the cinema, or bought/rented it, as the overall story was awful, but the individual stories were just brilliant. I loved the Hugh Jackman one, the period one and the truth or dare one.

I don't know if I'll watch it again, but definitely worth a watch on Netflix.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't as outraged like most people over Movie 43, at least it didn't bore me senseless like most over movies this year. Movie 43 was just an audacious troll attempt and I suppose it worked. I even laughed at a couple of sketches! (puts on embarrassed face)