Do Liverpool fans/manager/players think title is won???

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
Hi just a question

From my experience and the manner in which most have acted including pundits I think it's a done deal that it's over now.

Hope it doesn't happen but what does everyone else think.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - LFC fan.
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can't see us letting a 5 point lead slip.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    No - LFC fan.

Your the only 1 then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Your the only 1 then

No I'm not.
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Not at all. 7 points still needed and I think all LFC fans who spout of that the title's won are getting ahead of themselves IMO. Its not over til its over. Its still mathematically possible for Man City and Chelsea to win the league. Of course we can eliminate Chelsea from the equation on Sunday and Crystal Palace can help us out as can Everton before we next play on Monday 5th but until its mathematically impossible for the others, then I won't be celebrating.

I am however causiously optimistic though.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I dont think its won yet but if we beat Chelsea then I reckon we will win it but if we lose against Chelsea then we will come 2nd
  • South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    LFC fan.

No, absolutely not.

I think we will win it but nothing in life or football is certain.

We could lose the next 3 games and finish 3rd.

We are more than capable of beating Chelsea but I will still be nervous as hell on Sunday.
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your the only 1 then

No as shown with my above post. Don't put all LFC fans into the same equation, thank you very much. Some of us aren't getting carried away. Losing a 5 point gap is hard to imagine but Man U lost an 8 point gap 2 years ago so we may be in a similar situation ourselves, losing the title on God. Its no over til its over IMO.
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    No

I don't worry too much about Chelsea, so the 5 point lead is slightly irrelevant.

But with Man City it would only take one loss for it to be advantage Man City
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    No I'm not.

And the OP would know this if he read the views of 90% of the LFC posters on DS - in fact if you look at his posting history I am sure he does know it and is just starting this thread as a wind up. Sad.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi just a question

From my experience and the manner in which most have acted including pundits I think it's a done deal that it's over now.

Hope it doesn't happen but what does everyone else think.

Got a serious problem with anything LFC related lately haven't you? Get over your obsession it's becoming a bit embarrassing now...
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool's unstoppable form suggests the title's only heading one way. Could all change of course but I would shocked if Liverpool being in the great run they are in took their eye off it now.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man City's Remaining games.

Palace (a)
    Everton (a)
    West Ham (h)
    Villa (h)

I could easyily see city winning all those games.
    Liverpool I think will have to do the same with thier remaining games as well.

Liverpool Remaining games

Chelsea (h)
    Palace (a)
    Newcastle (h)

Cheleas Remaining games

Liverpool (a)
    Norwich (h)
    Cardiff (a)
  • benjiman_LFCbenjiman_LFC Posts: 1,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely not. We are in an awesome position, but bums are still pretty squeaky.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a single Liverpool fan I know considers the title won. Infact all things considered I am surprised by how well they are keeping their excitement reined in.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Speaking as a Liverpool manager, no I do not believe the title is won already. Nor do the players; they're professionals and they're handling the situation professionally.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - LFC fan.

Same.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Still plenty of work to do.

But I do think they will win it.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but I thought we would win it weeks ago.
  • FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Speaking as a Liverpool manager, no I do not believe the title is won already. Nor do the players; they're professionals and they're handling the situation professionally.

youre brendan?
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    youre brendan?

Maybe I should have said "speaking for" instead of "speaking as".

The OP asked fans, manager and players. Someone has to represent the manager here. I'm sefless enough to do just that. :p
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    youre brendan?

No, he said as A Liverpool manager. He's actually Gerard Houllier.

I'm still firmly shitting myself as we approach the end of the season. One defeat is all it takes, and the ball is back in City's court.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your the only 1 then

Doubt tou could name 5 fans on here saying they will win it, without it being a tongue in cheek comment
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely not. We are in an awesome position, but bums are still pretty squeaky.

Exactly this, I am taking each game as it comes, as you never know what is going to happen on the pitch. If someone had said to me at the start of the season that Sunderland & Palace would beat Chelsea & that the Canaries would hold Man City to a draw, I would have laughed in their faces at such a ridiculous prediction. Truth of the matter is that yes we have a chance of winning it, but both ends of the table are tighter than a gnats fanny, you just never know what is going to happen over the final few weeks.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title isn't won until it's mathematically impossible to be caught by any team. To assume otherwise is a dangerous mindset to have.