Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thought - in semi final one there'll be two sets of twins - the Tolmachevy Sisters representing Russia and the brothers in French band Twin Twin (France aren't performing, but they vote in semi 1. So I wonder if there's some sort of twin-related event involving the Jeds and the others.
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Free Spirt is going to be played on the Graham Norton Show which on BBC radio 2 on Saturday starting at 10am :)
  • Options
    ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I'm so proud of them. I have such a good feeling in my gut about the new album etc. People cannot fail to be impressed. They have done their time, paid their due's so to speak. This entirely self made album will give them the credibility they need in the eyes on non-fans. Can't wait for it all to kick off. Proper recognition is around the corner. Smart boys :)
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did it all themselves, people will have to stop calling them talentless right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    They did it all themselves, people will have to stop calling them talentless right?

If anyone calls them talentless to me, I don't think I will be held responsible for my actions!!

Anyway! They've done an interview with Bliss Mag, so that's something to look forward to :) and they're doing an interview on a radio station in Indonesia and possibly Singapore :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Photo from with the family from the join our boys benefit concert last night.
    http://t.co/llqI9lOdqr

The Twins seem keen to raise money for the lads so more details can be found here: http://www.JoinOurBoys.org
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the Jedward mentions on E4 - it's hard to describe but the the little quirky segments in between programmes eg one is a caravan park and someone is spraying JEDWARD FOREVER on the side of a caravan. One I noticed today is cafe and the day's special is JEDWARD PIE. Hope this make sense I am probably way behind on this and it has been discussed before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the Jedward mentions on E4 - it's hard to describe but the the little quirky segments in between programmes eg one is a caravan park and someone is spraying JEDWARD FOREVER on the side of a caravan. One I noticed today is cafe and the day's special is JEDWARD PIE. Hope this make sense I am probably way behind on this and it has been discussed before

I've seen the caravan one but not the cafe one. it does suggest someone at channel 4 might be a fan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Eurovision thing. During the broadcasts, there are spaces for breaks for the broadcasters running ads. For the non-commercial broadcasters (like the BBC) they will show some funny clips based on the idea of a fictitious "Eurovision Book of Records" including things like "most beard", "most la-las", etc. At the beginning of every segment there's an animation of the book featuring pics of iconic Eurovision performers including ABBA, Johnny Logan and the Jeds in their "Lipstick" costumes. So in a way, J&E will be in every Eurovision show this year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooooh that's handy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Eurovision thing. During the broadcasts, there are spaces for breaks for the broadcasters running ads. For the non-commercial broadcasters (like the BBC) they will show some funny clips based on the idea of a fictitious "Eurovision Book of Records" including things like "most beard", "most la-las", etc. At the beginning of every segment there's an animation of the book featuring pics of iconic Eurovision performers including ABBA, Johnny Logan and the Jeds in their "Lipstick" costumes. So in a way, J&E will be in every Eurovision show this year!

That's great! :)
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton and his producer were as good as their word and played Free Spirit this morning. In fact, Graham was very nice about it and said they should it play again and it deserved to be the playlist, as it was better than a lot of stuff already on it. hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see a few pleasantly surprised comments from listeners on twitter too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've put up one of the Eurovision Book of Records clips! This one is for "highest hair". Can you guess who wins? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DZYCYueRY

Funnily enough, this year one of the French performers actually has higher hair than the Jeds. And yes, this has been measured!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about highest shoulder pads? Are they winning that?
  • Options
    AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've put up one of the Eurovision Book of Records clips! This one is for "highest hair". Can you guess who wins? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DZYCYueRY

Funnily enough, this year one of the French performers actually has higher hair than the Jeds. And yes, this has been measured!

Excellent clip !! Remembered to listen to Graham Norton yesterday. I am liking the single. Hope the rest of the album is just as good. Is it John that sings at the beginning?? It's so low it doesn't really sound like either of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's John that starts off the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lyric video is beautiful and is the longer version of the track
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IpKEGnQCBUQ
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the twins are going to be shown on screen during the semi tomorrow evening. During this afternoon's dress rehearsal, a montage of past Eurovision clips is shown and then the cameras go onto the boys in the audience :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Seems the twins are going to be shown on screen during the semi tomorrow evening. During this afternoon's dress rehearsal, a montage of past Eurovision clips is shown and then the cameras go onto the boys in the audience :)

Yes! It sounds like they'll show the "Tallest Hair" video, then go to the reigning champions in the audience. So, can we assume it'll be a spiky hair day? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! It sounds like they'll show the "Tallest Hair" video, then go to the reigning champions in the audience. So, can we assume it'll be a spiky hair day? :D

And it gets better....a second award for the twins later in the show :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great seeing so much excitement about the twins being at ESC :)

This is quite exciting too http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/05/05/jedward-drops-free-spirit-lyric-video-watch-now/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

Bet the DS Eurovison fans are looking forward to seeing ther faces again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Bet the DS Eurovison fans are looking forward to seeing ther faces again!

Oh, I'm sure that will be the highlight of the semi final for them :D