Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »
    That's my take on it too.

Seems to me that those who think Ward is beyond redemption will say he shot Buddy.
    Those who like Ward will say that Garrett did it.
    Simples. :D

Personally, I couldn't care less.
    l like to believe that Buddy cleverly evaded the sniper bullet and skipped off into the sunset LOL

:D that works for me :D
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    sam33 wrote: »
    Personally, I couldn't care less.
    l like to believe that Buddy cleverly evaded the sniper bullet and skipped off into the sunset LOL.

I thought that was obvious :D ;-)
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Buddy to replace Ward in S2? He can probably bring more to the team... ;)
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The AoS finale wins two of EW's Season Finale Awards for Best Redemption (for the series as a whole) and Best Fight. So we'll see the edited version of that tomorrow night and the unedited one on Tuesday night on E4...
    If you want to know who the fight's between, you'll have to go to http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20593459_20820828,00.html?linkId=8358338#30163525. I'm not telling!!:D
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wowzers what a finale! :D

So many great surprises and turns, and a cracking set up for S2.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that was a good finale. Interesting that Ward lived, so I guess we will probably see more of him in the future. They laid some groundwork for a possible redemption-of-sorts with him, but also made him remain very much a bad guy here. That's good, because I was worried they'd just have him save Skye from certain death and everyone would forgive him. This way he's either going to be a recurring bad guy or if they do decide to redeem him, they're clearly going to do it very slowly - which is the only possible way they could attempt it.

Still, I got a great sense of joy watching May nail his foot to the floor and then kick the living shite out of him! Only helped that Ward begged for mercy like a pussy when he realised she was about to nail the rest of him to the floor. :p

Not sure where they're going to go with Fitz now, though. They didn't kill him, but have potentially left him with brain damage. Strange choice. I like Fitz, but I almost think it would have been better to let him die to save Simmons. That was a good scene and I really felt his willing sacrifice. I was really surprised they didn't follow through with it.

Oh and I'm liking Trip as Ward's replacement. "I bring the noise and the funk wherever I go."

Final shout-out to Garrett's "re-building," and Coulson finding that particle cannon. And Nick, of course!
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season of 3 quarters really

Slow start, picked up in the middle and breakneck speed for the end and finale

Kind of disappointed though they ran with Garrett as the Clairvoyant and not one of the more known supervillians like Modok or Zola

Story arcs already starting with Coulson drawing that strange pattern on the wall and Skye and her past ready for whenever Season 2 comes to these shores

Wonder if that gooey alien will be the main villian of Season 2, and will be intriguing to see what race it will be when revealed
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show certainly got better once the main arc kicked in, loved the finale and now can't wait for season 2.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bill Paxton was hilarious. Like a panto villain. His demise was very funny. Great to see Eric mark 2 as well. Who is Skyes father..............
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hope next season

another Agent Hill episode
    will Deathlock return? think he is more a 'good guy' than Ward
    Ward won't stay locked up
    and Sif can return
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was so much fun :D

Couldn't work out what Coulson was doing at the end though as I yawned and my dog dived over for a tongue kiss.

Can anyone enlighten me please? :)
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Story arcs already starting with Coulson drawing that strange pattern on the wall and Skye and her past ready for whenever Season 2 comes to these shores
    The what-now? Was going to re-watch anyway but I missed that bit :confused:
    Wonder if that gooey alien will be the main villian of Season 2, and will be intriguing to see what race it will be when revealed
    Did I miss something else too? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Skye's dad, we just saw a visceral image of the back of him sitting on a chair. And his hand.
  • Options
    MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The hidden character in the final scene had unusual skin and was dripping goo from the hand.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Skye's dad, we just saw a visceral image of the back of him sitting on a chair. And his hand.

I thought he was covered in blood. Kinda fitting what Raina said about Skye's parents slaughtering a whole village. I just assumed he was having a rest after killing lots of people with his bare hands, rather than leaking ooze.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Couldn't work out what Coulson was doing at the end though as I yawned and my dog dived over for a tongue kiss.

Can anyone enlighten me please? :)

Apparently, seeing the drawings on the glass done by Garrett triggered something in Coulson to do the same. This connects to the same type of drawings seen in Ep.4 Eye Spy that Ward (as Amador) saw on the board in a secret facility Belarus and the carvings on the wall in Coulson's flashbacks of Tahiti in Ep.11 A magical place. Coulson's report to Fury in Ep.20 Nothing Personal mentioned hypergraphia as one of the side effects of taking the alien serum. So the question raised in that final scene: Is Coulson going to start exhibiting the same symptoms as Garrett and go full-blown crazy ?

As to the origins and meaning of those drawings : they look like some kind of scientific drawings or circuit diagrams. But they could just as well be a language. Some people have speculated that it could be Kree since that's what they think the blue alien was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, seeing the drawings on the glass done by Garrett triggered something in Coulson to do the same. This connects to the same type of drawings seen in Ep.4 Eye Spy that Ward (as Amador) saw on the board in a secret facility Belarus and the carvings on the wall in Coulson's flashbacks of Tahiti in Ep.11 A magical place. Coulson's report to Fury in Ep.20 Nothing Personal mentioned hypergraphia as one of the side effects of taking the alien serum. So the question raised in that final scene: Is Coulson going to start exhibiting the same symptoms as Garrett and go full-blown crazy ?

As to the origins and meaning of those drawings : they look like some kind of scientific drawings or circuit diagrams. But they could just as well be a language. Some people have speculated that it could be Kree since that's what they think the blue alien was.

Thanks loads for taking the time and effort for such a brilliant, comprehensive reply. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't Patten Oswalt's character dead ?

was it a clone or what ?
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wasn't Patten Oswalt's character dead ?

was it a clone or what ?

he claims to be a twin brother
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Did he say he was his brother? I can't remember him mentioning that. I think the producers would think that the viewers would assume he was a twin but could easily be a clone that they have stationed at all the secret bases.

Also what happeded with Garrett? He died after being shot by deathlock. He then 'woke' and said always cut off the head then Coulson shot him.
    Final scene was him turning into deathlock himself???

I watched it after a night out so am a little hazy :D

Also what is added in the uncut version on Tuesday night? Just some fight scenes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody loved that!
    I knew there was no way back for Ward and I didn't think they'd kill him, the Paxton death was very funny :D *boom* found it! it was in here like I said :D

I think Trip is a great character, I don't think we'll see more of Fitz because the chemistry between Trip and Simmons was too good to have another character getting in the way like he did.

Roill on season 2 I say... any ideas how long?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    So cool the way Fury swooped in to save Simmons and Fitz. :p

I wonder if Fitz is returning next season? His character has become very whiny and annoying recently and he wasn't shown after being rescued by Fury.

Great May-Ward fight scene but I was expecting more of a reveal about Skye's 0-8-4 status.

Sad to see Paxton go as he breathed new life into the show.
  • Options
    Ken89Ken89 Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I followed the first season and again like others have stated it that started strong, had a quiet middle but had a strong finish and has left me eager to see what direction they go in the second season.

I enjoyed the finale, good action, some good payoffs and great to have Fury in it to tie it together and set Coulson on his way with the new mission of rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D.

Some good threads to explore in the second season and I look forward to seeing how the writers see it going.
  • Options
    scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Anyword on a Bluray/DVD release?
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Did he say he was his brother? I can't remember him mentioning that. I think the producers would think that the viewers would assume he was a twin but could easily be a clone that they have stationed at all the secret bases.

Also what happeded with Garrett? He died after being shot by deathlock. He then 'woke' and said always cut off the head then Coulson shot him.
    Final scene was him turning into deathlock himself???
    ?

In episode 18 when they meet Eric Koenig, he says he plays video games with his brother to pass the time.

Deathlok shot Garrett. They thought he was dead, but he came around after they left and climbed into the super soldier machine, which attached cybernetic components to his body. Coulsen then returned and killed him.