Never has a newspaper summed up this years BB so accurately

Comments

• Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunkydory wrote: »
    bb has been hard going this year true but with all the carnage that has happened in the world over the last 2 weeks you would think they would have something important to write about

The OP does say it was in the TV choices section, not front page or even tenth page :)
  • Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Was there a 'load of shit' option? :p

No. but you can put it in the comments part of the survey :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    If you don't like the way it's going then don't watch and certainly don't waste your money on voting. It's probably totally rigged.

The one thing that is never messed with is the public phone vote. If that was rigged the show would be in major trouble with Ofcom.

But - and this is Reality TV 101 - the show's producers have control over pretty much everything else, especially the way contestants are perceived based on what's seen of them in the daily highlights show. The same thing applies to other voting shows like the X Factor, BGT, etc.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Spidey1 wrote: »
    No. but you can put it in the comments part of the survey :)

Yes thanks, another forum member said there was a comments section. I wonder how much abuse they've been given :D
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    its a shame that its taken this long for them to support fans of BB

where were the reports on no LF or even the mucking about with noms and twists for the first couple of weeks

as usual a paper thinks its cool to jump in with the 'internet crowd' only when it suits

BB bosses will be clapping their hands with glee at the free promotion for their product, while thinking 'yes we will have to do this more if its getting this much attention'
  • Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bb has been hard going this year true but with all the carnage that has happened in the world over the last 2 weeks you would think they would have something important to write about
    I doubt if the entire publication was dedicated to Big Brother. It was probably just one article in the entertainment section, not to be confused with articles covering worldwide news in the current affairs section. Everything has it's place you know!
  • David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt if the entire publication was dedicated to Big Brother. It was probably just one article in the entertainment section, not to be confused with articles covering worldwide news in the current affairs section. Everything has it's place you know!

Exactly! I just plucked out a small section from the TV bit which is over 2 pages at the tail end of the paper. Of course the proper news covers the majority of the publication
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Ha ha :D Spot on about the fixing. However it's not just this week they've been doing it to get the selection of housemates they want in or out.

That chant would be amazing......."Get the producers out" :D

I wondered by Channel 5 BB had put up that survey.........of course, it is in the press and they want to know where they have gone wrong......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    The OP does say it was in the TV choices section, not front page or even tenth page :)

Only the Daily Star deems Big Brother front pageworthy! :)
  • hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ba Na Na wrote: »

thank you :)
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    I wondered by Channel 5 BB had put up that survey.........of course, it is in the press and they want to know where they have gone wrong......

I wondered about that too. I'm pretty sure that they'll get all the feedback they asked for with an open comments section. I mean that's just inviting trouble. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David166 wrote: »
    Only the Daily Star deems Big Brother front pageworthy! :)

lol true what a rag that paper is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and i know mine now lol:)
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member

It's the Metro dear boy that people read in to or out of work. If they had it filled with miserable shit that they can see on 24 hour news stations or the other so called "serious" media & despite it being free it would not have the success it does today and they wouldn't make money via the adverts in it. Plus there was stuff on it but you ain't gonna find 30 pages full about a plane.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    And after all is said and done, THIS is the reason we don't have a Live Feed.
    They want total control and will just do as they please whenever they want and f**k the viewers.

Channel 5 at its most normal.
  • Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    I like the "Get the producers out" to the La donna è mobile tune(you know, that football fans chant--"we got more fans than you" etc etc no way on earth the eviction crowd will sing that though! More of a Doner Kebab lot than a La donna è mobile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And as free papers go, the Metro ain't half bad.. I always pick up a copy from my local train station even if i'm not travelling... Anyway.. I digress........ :)
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    its a shame that its taken this long for them to support fans of BB

where were the reports on no LF or even the mucking about with noms and twists for the first couple of weeks

as usual a paper thinks its cool to jump in with the 'internet crowd' only when it suits

BB bosses will be clapping their hands with glee at the free promotion for their product, while thinking 'yes we will have to do this more if its getting this much attention'

I don't think they are buddy. Let's look at the facts:

How many times have they done these surveys? Channels don't do this normally, they have selected panels. This would suggest they are unsure of their position and determined to find out what is going wrong. We all know the answers to this but they have chosen to ignore it.

The chopping and changing is one of desperation. This can be found in all forms of failing TV programmes. Eastenders is a prime example.

Channel 5 want their own version of Big Brother but want to try and cater. Burning the candle on both ends. They can't. From what I see, and I read a lot, the minority is keeping Big Brother going on 5 and I feel that is why you are seeing the panic moments. They don't want the minority they want the majority.

The renewal contract if any? Have Viacom put the wheels in motion for this? I am pretty certain that Viacom have received complaints already about Big Brother, I know a few people on here have already done so.

You can throw your TV figures but that is the biggest CEO's mistakes of the world, figures this and figures that. They never give a true reflection of what is going on and to rely on them is dangerous is busy in any industry.
  • MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now all thats needed is article to be featured in the Sky News paper review .. then heads would roll
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This in todays Metro newspapers' TV choices...

"Has a programme ever shown such scant respect for its fan base than the current run of Big Brother, which we sincerely hope is the last?
    We're picking it as our Must See in the hope that the fans on live eviction duly chant "producers out" in protest at the blatant fixing that has turned the show into a farce and even made presenter Emma Willis look shamefaced.
    It should be smarmy Steven to go but don't rule out last minute shenanigans aimed at keeping him in."

I read it and thought - spot on!

Definitely a worthy OP for a "LIKE" button
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Metro dear boy that people read in to or out of work. If they had it filled with miserable shit that they can see on 24 hour news stations or the other so called "serious" media & despite it being free it would not have the success it does today and they wouldn't make money via the adverts in it. Plus there was stuff on it but you ain't gonna find 30 pages full about a plane.

im a girl :(
  • planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol true what a rag that paper is

BBUK. OK magazine, and the Daily Star have the same owners. It's one giant symbiotic beast that create, disseminates, and destroys Z List Celebrity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    WOW!! Good on The Metro for calling it like it is--shame Parliament's broken up or we could demand answers from Cameron!! BTW, just was on BB website and had a Questionnaire on What You Thought of Armegeddon Week: I was SCATHING. Very SATISFYING!!

Hey White Tigress, do you have a link for that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planetmatt wrote: »
    BBUK. OK magazine, and the Daily Star have the same owners. It's one giant symbiotic beast that create, disseminates, and destroys Z List Celebrity.

did'nt know that explians why ive only read each of these once
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    This in todays Metro newspapers' TV choices...

"Has a programme ever shown such scant respect for its fan base than the current run of Big Brother, which we sincerely hope is the last?
    We're picking it as our Must See in the hope that the fans on live eviction duly chant "producers out" in protest at the blatant fixing that has turned the show into a farce and even made presenter Emma Willis look shamefaced.
    It should be smarmy Steven to go but don't rule out last minute shenanigans aimed at keeping him in."

I read it and thought - spot on!

Yep, yep, yep!