Angel Of Mine - Monica or Eternal?

OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seems to be a forgotten song from the 90's but quite successful here and both in the US but with two different acts performing the song. Which version do you prefer?

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Monica.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eternal
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eternal!!!!!!!!!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always Eternal.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Eternal. No contest. Easther Bennett's voice is sublime. She is one of the most underrated singers ever.
  • alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both versions, but I prefer Eternal's one.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i prefer eternal's version also the lyrics are better on the eternal one.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer the production on Monica's version, but her voice sounded a bit nasally in parts of the song. Agree with the above post about Easter''s voice - it's a shame she didn't do more after the group broke up.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the production on Monica's version, but her voice sounded a bit nasally in parts of the song. Agree with the above post about Easter''s voice - it's a shame she didn't do more after the group broke up.

Completely agree about the production on Monica's version. It's only slightly different but it feels like it has a bit more kick to it than Eterna's one. I like both versions, but I do find myself listening to Monica's more.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    Completely agree about the production on Monica's version. It's only slightly different but it feels like it has a bit more kick to it than Eterna's one. I like both versions, but I do find myself listening to Monica's more.

Monica's one was produced by Darkchild who has always been one of my fave r&B producers. He may not have had the same celebrity profile as Timbaland or Pharell but he's been much more consistent in producing great tracks IMO. Not sure who produced Eternal's one, but yeah it felt a bit bland in comparison.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Eternal.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Monica released this song too but something tells me I'll favour Eternal's version. Loved them when I was a tween/teen!