It's cold

Comments

• BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will the spiders **** off now its colder?
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member

No they are much more likely to invade your home for the warmth
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, they will flock to your house for the warmth.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Urghhhhh FFS :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urghhhhh FFS :(

Lol:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't see your post!:eek:

They're already plaguing my house, got two in the hall with glasses over them right now.:(:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I didn't see your post!:eek:

They're already plaguing my house, got two in the hall with glasses over them right now.:(:o

I'm too frightened to sleep. They seem extra big and angry this year.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still amazed at the number of people who cannot tell the difference between 'cold' and 'not hot'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still amazed at the number of people who cannot tell the difference between 'cold' and 'not hot'.

What is the difference?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We never had hot here this summer. It's gone from mild to cold.:D
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Temperature.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still quite warm. I wish it was proper winter.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    12c outside here, and 25c indoors, without heating on, wish it were a little cooler.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its like raiders of the lost ark in our garden
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's a bit warmer this morning, and actually I didn't put the heating on. Sorry to have misled you all! But winter IS coming. Coming I tell thee!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not cold at all in London. Still had all the windows open all night, back door open till about 10pm and the first thing this morning. Still walked to walked in a sleeveless top. No coat or cardigan required yet.

I generally don't put the heating on till about November.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Yes yes. I'm sure this thread get's started every September and someone is going to tell me off. But I'm fecking freezing! There's an R in the month, so damn it, I'm sticking the heating on. Who's with me? :)
    I never switched mine off in the first place. I rely on something called a 'thermostat'.

It actually triggered the pump last month and once or twice back in June I think. It didn't this morning though. Downstairs temp was 19 degrees and thermostat doesn't kick in until 18 degrees in the morning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually shivered last night! Heating on :(

If there is a spider expert on here, could they please explain what the hell has happened to spiders over the last couple of years please? Not only have the grown significantly but they seem to have lost all fear of humans too :eek: a couple of weeks ago, I lay in bed reading my book and saw something out of the corner of my eye - there, on the carpet, was an enormous spider with big thick legs just looking at me! I got out of bed to swat it and it didn't even move! Not one inch :confused: What has happened to spider etiquette - they're supposed to run off and hide so you can't actually swat them.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something evil this way comes ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    I actually shivered last night! Heating on :(

If there is a spider expert on here, could they please explain what the hell has happened to spiders over the last couple of years please? Not only have the grown significantly but they seem to have lost all fear of humans too :eek: a couple of weeks ago, I lay in bed reading my book and saw something out of the corner of my eye - there, on the carpet, was an enormous spider with big thick legs just looking at me! I got out of bed to swat it and it didn't even move! Not one inch :confused: What has happened to spider etiquette - they're supposed to run off and hide so you can't actually swat them.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something evil this way comes ...

Last year a huge spider reared up at me when I went to catch it.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I never switched mine off in the first place. I rely on something called a 'thermostat'.

It actually triggered the pump last month and once or twice back in June I think. It didn't this morning though. Downstairs temp was 19 degrees and thermostat doesn't kick in until 18 degrees in the morning.

Thanks for that, I will have to get one of these new fangled thermostat things :rolleyes:

Actually, I have underfloor heating in my kitchen and living room and when the heating's on the pipes stay warm regardless of what the stat says. The only way to make the floor completely cold is to turn the heating off. So there :p
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Actually, I have underfloor heating in my kitchen and living room and when the heating's on the pipes stay warm regardless of what the stat says. The only way to make the floor completely cold is to turn the heating off. So there :p
    Nice. A holiday cottage I use has that coupled to an underground heat pump and it works well. Certainly makes a difference to stone flooring :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Nice. A holiday cottage I use has that coupled to an underground heat pump and it works well. Certainly makes a difference to stone flooring :)

I do like my underfloor heating, so nice underfoot in the winter and don't have to lose any wall space to pesky radiators. Just wish we could have it in the whole house but it's a b*tch to retrofit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    No, they will flock to your house for the warmth.:p

I have at least 4. 3 in the living room. 1 above my head in the spare room as I type.

One is about to be evicted. His web is on the window I'm just about to have replaced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    My flat is surprising warm all year round. Especially when there's direct sunlight (which isn't difficult as the walls are all glass on one side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    My flat is surprising warm all year round. Especially when there's direct sunlight (which isn't difficult as the walls are all glass on one side.

Do you live in a greenhouse?