FGS Please !!!!!!

baglady1950baglady1950 Posts: 91
Forum Member
Can I respectfully ask BB posters to refrain from making personnel comments, ie he has a big nose, she is ugly, that dress is a mess ext, whilst we are free to have an opinion, public forums are not intended for publishing comments that may be offensive, or hurtful to any individual.

I am an avid BB fan and like to participate in meaningful chat, or have a bit of banter for a laugh, of late there has been to many post which have no reference or meaning to the game I hand.

And while I'm on a bit of a rant, please stop making comparisons to BB housemates of old, once their season is over its history, gone, achieved, vamooshed.

And breath, x

Comments

• GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We the people demand our right to freedom of speech and expression!! :D
  • DoctorWho4545DoctorWho4545 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Can I respectfully ask you make your thread titles clearer? That way people know if they're going to be interested in the topic before going in. FGS Please!! Could be anything and it just makes the forum run smoother for people if you wrote something like 'Personal comments about housemates'
  • baglady1950baglady1950 Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    We the people demand our right to freedom of speech and expression!! :D
    Te hee GTR Davo x
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best not to take it so seriously. And if people are likely to be offended they shouldn't go on Big Brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I respectfully ask BB posters to refrain from making personnel comments, ie he has a big nose, she is ugly, that dress is a mess ext, whilst we are free to have an opinion, public forums are not intended for publishing comments that may be offensive, or hurtful to any individual.

I am an avid BB fan and like to participate in meaningful chat, or have a bit of banter for a laugh, of late there has been to many post which have no reference or meaning to the game I hand.

And while I'm on a bit of a rant, please stop making comparisons to BB housemates of old, once their season is over its history, gone, achieved, vamooshed.

And breath, x

I agree.

I am wondering the average age of the posters with recent reading, it's almost as if I've opened a bit*y teenage blog.

All I seem to be reading is juvenile sneering and judging with a large dose of venom thrown in.
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That hm with the big conk and dresses like a tramp is peeing me off already baglady....:)
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever about big nose , fat etc. But why can't you say "that dress is a mess" that's not a personal comment.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, we can't--this is our OUTLET to vent and be witty and judgemental. Take this away from us and we'll all be rioting in the streets. Here, we're just Harmless as, unlike Twitter, we don't Infest anyone's normal social networks: you have to click on a clearly headlined thread AND we're Moderated first. As Ash would say, 'It's just Mint Banter', right?? Long Live DS!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    Best not to take it so seriously. And if people are likely to be offended they shouldn't go on Big Brother.

And those offended on behalf of hm's shouldn't go on forums.:p
  • mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And breath, x

As long as I've been on this forum there have been personal and completely inappropriate comments...unfortunately some people thrive on such things. I do appreciate your comments and thoughts, but I don't think it'll do anything to stop it. I find the best way to deal with it is to ignore it completely.

As far as comparisons to past housemates...think that's a natural thing to do as well, especially if the HM is controversial or polarising.
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And who is the op exactly. ??talk about forcing what we should do & not do on others. ..jeez
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I can understand why you get upset about insults about someone's physical appearance, I'm not sure why you'd get upset if someone criticises a HMs outfit.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only people that can tell me how to post within the rules are the mods.

Good day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And who is the op exactly. ??talk about forcing what we should do & not do on others. ..jeez

The OP said....

Can I respectfully ask BB posters to refrain from making personnel comments

That's hardly forcing you or anyone else.

Unless the OP lives near you and has your arm up your back? #Perspective
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I personally dislike people who tell others what they can and can't do without any authority to do so :D
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, we can't--this is our OUTLET to vent and be witty and judgemental. Take this away from us and we'll all be rioting in the streets. Here, we're just Harmless as, unlike Twitter, we don't Infest anyone's normal social networks: you have to click on a clearly headlined thread AND we're Moderated first. As Ash would say, 'It's just Mint Banter', right?? Long Live DS!!

Totally agree.:)
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which personnel should we not comment on?
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the OP a new moderator who is part of the thought police?

I'd go to the spelling police too, not personnel but personal comments ...... and not breath but breathe, however I am only a 14 year old pedant .....
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well spotted
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

Was waiting on this....there's always one! <rolls eyes>
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One of the rules is not to comment on people's spelling/s.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Whilst I can understand why you get upset about insults about someone's physical appearance, I'm not sure why you'd get upset if someone criticises a HMs outfit.

Unless they shop in the same curtain store ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear that those who do this just need to bit*h and moan.

Hopefully it will have the desired effect of making them feel better.
  • gary1234gary1234 Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    The only personal comments I have made are about Frenchy and Lauren who for some inexplicable reason have chosen to pump themselves full of plastic. These women are trend setters for young girls and do we really want them looking like a cross between Pete Burns and Joan Rivers.
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    The OP said....

Can I respectfully ask BB posters to refrain from making personnel comments

That's hardly forcing you or anyone else.

Unless the OP lives near you and has your arm up your back? #Perspective
    ohhh ok I get it now.well in that case may I respectfully ignore the op's request and write what I want then.