Leslie and Gary clash

bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
3.31pm: Gary commented to Leslie about his task performance. To say Leslie has not taken it well might be an understatement

3.49pm: Leslie and Gary have fallen out. Leslie did not take Gary's critique of his task performance too well.

3.54pm: James is explaining to Gary that Leslie might not appreciate criticism. Leslie has gone for a dip in the pool

James probably telling him how it's done 'in this country' even though they are both American. Gary seems to be managing to irritate most housemates at some level and Leslie's patience is running thin.

Comments

• Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fair to say that Gary will clash with everyone sooner or later, he can't help himself.
    I'm not sure he means any harm with the things he says though, he just likes to be controversial.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems they have made up now

4.44pm: Gary and Leslie have hugged it out. James has decided it might be time for a dance class.
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be very interesting to see who Gary nominates as I'd say he will be nominated by many of the others. Leslie could also pick up some noms depending on how tonight's incident is perceived and whether they sort it out and agree to some rules re the bedroom.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I hope both Gary & Leslie picks up a few noms and are the only two up, I really want Gary to leave ASAP
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Seems they have made up now

4.44pm: Gary and Leslie have hugged it out. James has decided it might be time for a dance class.

Ahhh good. I can't have my two favourites falling out. This is new territory for me :o
    All is well with the world again ....
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect lack of sleep is one of the major issues in there when it comes to people getting snappy (especially with the older US housemates bodyclocks).
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I know it's all the rage to pick a person on Big Brother and back them to infinity, but despite Gary being picked on by some idiots, and that being unpleasant, lets not even try and make Gary into a saint.

Aside from the task stuff (it's very typical of Gary to try and find a scapegoat and dump blame on them--go back and watch the US Celebrity Apprentices with him if you doubt that), Gary is also very religious, and underneath a lot of this may be some very real homophobia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    I know it's all the rage to pick a person on Big Brother and back them to infinity, but despite Gary being picked on by some idiots, and that being unpleasant, lets not even try and make Gary into a saint.

Aside from the task stuff (it's very typical of Gary to try and find a scapegoat and dump blame on them--go back and watch the US Celebrity Apprentices with him if you doubt that), Gary is also very religious, and underneath a lot of this may be some very real homophobia.

Or on the other hand it may be that since he has brain damage he says what he thinks without any filters. If Garry were an attractive female housemate (who had her mates around her of course) saying 'what she thought' of someone's performance, she would just be.. what's the phrase again? ...oh yea...'saying it how it is'.

At least Garry doesn't gossip about the other housemates behind their back neither does he seem to judge people, as Leslie does about him I'm sad to say.. Garry is like a child he just lives in the moment.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    3.31pm: Ga
    James probably telling him how it's done 'in this country' even though they are both American..

From what I saw in the video, James was comforting Leslie and trying to get him to calm down (and after Leslie stormed off) he tried to reassure Gary that a lot of it could be a misunderstanding on account of Leslie being overtired. Did you see a different clip?
  • dinbindinbin Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    It will be very interesting to see who Gary nominates as I'd say he will be nominated by many of the others. Leslie could also pick up some noms depending on how tonight's incident is perceived and whether they sort it out and agree to some rules re the bedroom.

Leslie Vs Gary this Friday
  • mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or on the other hand it may be that since he has brain damage he says what he thinks without any filters. If Garry were an attractive female housemate (who had her mates around her of course) saying 'what she thought' of someone's performance, she would just be.. what's the phrase again? ...oh yea...'saying it how it is'.

At least Garry doesn't gossip about the other housemates behind their back neither does he seem to judge people, as Leslie does about him I'm sad to say.. Garry is like a child he just lives in the moment.

So far most of the other housemates have said negative things about Gary, so either everyone of them is wrong or we aren't seeing exactly what it is that Gary is doing that is annoying the others.

I know and understand that his previous head injury will impact on his behaviour and it is quite common for head injury patients to become more impulsive and to lose the ability to filter what they say/do and no matter how much those on the outside may feel sympathy for the person we can't ignore the effect this behaviour has on others.

It's one thing living in the moment but if doing that has a negative effect on others then the behaviour is just as wrong as someone bitching.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    dinbin wrote: »
    Leslie Vs Gary this Friday

There'll be at least one more. Channel 5 don't do head-to-heads.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    What with him having a bit of a roar at my out and out favourite, you think I'd dislike Leslie. :D But now I actually like him a lot for this. The whole sickeningly sweet act for the first two nights (and the adoration he got on this forum as a result) was really awful and tiring for me to watch. This is the Leslie I like: a total bitch. :D And I respect them both for being man enough to apologise to each other.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Leslie will regret doing this and not AHS. (A part was written for him)
    Guessing the money here is better, But don't think the guy realises what the show is about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to think diva Leslie thought he was the star of the show...
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a few odd words a while ago when Leslie was speaking to one of the others ( can't remember who ) I think Leslie had some sort of issues with Gary well before they came into the house. He didn't give any details.
  • DejavuDejavu Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    well I hope both Gary & Leslie picks up a few noms and are the only two up, I really want Gary to leave ASAP

James is the only one I don't like - in his words "prick"
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewer123 wrote: »

Yes but, very disappointed still at the ending of that clip. Why Leslie felt the need to go back in the bedroom and recount it all for the wolf pack. And let them go on and on about how Leslie was the "bigger man" for apologizing. When Leslie conveniently left out Gary's having apologized to him almost before he even got out what he was apologizing over. And all of them yapping on in the background (and him not doing anything to dissuade them) about how wonderful Leslie was and how evil Gary still is ... not very nice, Leslie.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie starting to show a nasty side and him saying Gary is an old has been.

No Leslie he has achieved and done more than you ever will.
  • moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a diva, really liked him but now all their flaws are starting to come out.