Wii Downloads

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I right in saying that if my console breaks, I can't buy a new one and re-download my content? It's gone forever?!

Also, if I buy downloads, then format my system, are the games then gone forever too?

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Yes affraid so, unless you send the console off to Nintendo the they can transfer them over. If you format the system then there's no way of getting them back.
    Just wondering, what are you intending on downloading on Wii as the only downloadable games available are some WiiWare and Virtual Console retro titles, but titles are gradually being removed from the WiiShop.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Yes affraid so, unless you send the console off to Nintendo the they can transfer them over. If you format the system then there's no way of getting them back.
    Just wondering, what are you intending on downloading on Wii as the only downloadable games available are some WiiWare and Virtual Console retro titles, but titles are gradually being removed from the WiiShop.

I was just going to get an N64 game like Zelda or something.

That's really bad that if you need to format your console you lose your downloads. I won't be spending much in there then. I have 1000 points which I got for £5, seems a bit of a waste now. Why are they removing titles from the shop?
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How big are N64 games? If I download to an SD card on the wii, surely this would mean they are saved if I need to format my system or replace it?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    How big are N64 games? If I download to an SD card on the wii, surely this would mean they are saved if I need to format my system or replace it?

You can load all downloads from an SD card, but can only be loaded onto the original console that made the purchase.
    If you format the system memory the consoles ID code changes and all your downloaded games will be lost forever. Any games on an SD card won't load as the console ID won't be the same as the ID attached to the game file.
    As for N64 sizes they all vary, but I believe they're all under 300 blocks.