Buy now or wait for January sales?

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Saw a coat that I quite like but a wee bit expensive. Is it worth holding off & see if it gets reduced in the post-Christmas sales? Or buy it now, & if it does get reduced can you take it back for a refund on the original price & re-purchase it immediately at the sale price?:o

Comments

• nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever you do remember VAT goes up in Jan so that'll also be in the sale price i assume.
  • quin_the_eskimoquin_the_eskimo Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there are loads in your size or you're a really small/large size it might be an idea to wait, otherwise buy now to avoid missing out.
  • Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy it now, there is no guarantee that it will be reduced much in the Sale and don't forget VAT is going up too.
  • JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Wait .. You'll kick yourself if it goes down...

As for the VAT hike, I'd be suprised if shops didn't cover the difference in the sales, it's bound to be used to get people in the door.
  • ShoobeedooShoobeedoo Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Buy now, as most reductions are now in place and what you're after may have gone once you get to January.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is most sale stock really old stuff that's been sitting in their warehouses for ages? Could well be that nearly everything that is in store now won't be in any sale.