XF: UK vs US Series 1 - Live Show 10 (THE FINAL)

Comments

• jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great round of comments, this time for Melanie. If she's who you see as the WINNER make sure you vote for her once lines are open. Oh, and that reminds me...

LINES ARE NOW...

OPEN!

You can vote for your favourite act as many times as you want until the lines freeze once all three acts have performed their celebrity duet. So just PM me the name of your favourite act.

Up first for the Celebrity Duets it's Diamond White and Jennifer Hudson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLuME8lL1E
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

That was.. STUNNING! Im honestly speechless. The power in your voices together collectively was nothing less than fantastic and I think Naturo has led you in an excellent suiting direction! You've completely blown me away tonight Diamond. Good luck
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond White and Jennifer Hudson
    ***Standing Ovation***

Wow! That was an amazing duet. I would like to say thank you to Jennifer for appearing to duet with Diamond and It was sensational! Diamond, your vocals smashed and that duet showcased you as a recording artist. You showed you have controlled power within you and well done. Well done Diamond and Jennifer, and rank Diamond highly if you want her to win.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Wow! What can I say, girl? This song has been used several times in other games, but this one was another different version being done because it had not only your voice, but it had Jennifer herself to sing along with you. A brilliant duet to get this round started and I think considering what you've gone through, this is an incredible achievement for you tonight. Good luck with the votes tonight!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,522
    Forum Member
    Diamond White

*Standing Ovation*

Wow! A Class performance from you tonight and Naruto is really fighting to win this competition which is fantastic to see. I feel you've been an underdog in this competition for a very long time, but tonight you are emerging as a fantastic act and one that feels deserving to stand on that stage in the final round. Your vocals were amazing and you really held your own against Jennifer Hudson. If thats your final performance then its a performance you should be proud of - excellent stuff I hope your next songs as just as good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some more comments for Diamond, if you want her as your WINNER make sure to vote for her by PMing her name to me RIGHT NOW!

Up next, it's Union J duetting with Josh Wilson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfSQoXbEg8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ
    Sometimes I, I just wanna close my eyes
    And act like everyone's alright
    well no they're not

Josh
    This world needs God, but it's easier to stand and watch
    I could say a prayer and just move on
    like nothin's wrong

Jaymi
    But I refuse

All
    cause I don't wanna live like I don't care
    I don't wanna say another empty prayer
    Oh I refuse, to sit around and wait for someone else
    To do what God has called me to do myself
    Oh I could choose not to move
    but I refuse

George: Ladies and gentleman, it's our pleasure to welcome you, Josh Wilson!!!

Josh Wilson
    I can hear the least of these
    cryin' out so desperately
    and I know we are the hands and feet of You oh God
    So if You say move
    it's time for me to follow through
    and do what I was made to do
    and show them who You are
    Cause I don't wanna live like I don't care
    Oh I refuse to sit around
    and wait for someone else
    to do what God has called me to do myself
    Oh I could choose
    not to move
    but I refuse

Jaymi
    to stand and watch the weary and lost
    cry out for help

JJ
    I refuse
    to turn my back
    and try and act like all is well

Josh Wilson
    I refuse
    to stay and change
    to wait another day
    to die to myself
    I refuse
    to make one more excuse

Josh & George
    cause I don't wanna live like I don't care

All
    Oh I refuse
    to sit around and wait for someone else
    to do what God has called me to do myself
    oh I could choose
    not to move

JJ
    but I refuse

Jaymi
    I refuse

Josh Wilson
    I refuse
    yeah
    Forum Member
    Union J

Guys another great performance from you tonight and I think this is an amazingly strong final so far. Every act has really come out fighting. The vocals were amazing from all of you tonight and you worked well with Josh and make the song into an anthem for you. Well done on another brilliant performance... I seriously don't know how this is going to go tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union J and Josh Wilson
    **Standing Ovation**
    Union J, your vocals were as always great. I think Steve has done a great job with you and you have shown you deserve to be here. Your vocals are always good so well done on that! And great duet guys!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Two words my boys...HELL YEAH! When I was searching for songs for this round, I didn't want to find something predictable, however this song caught my eye and I knew that this was the perfect choice for you guys! You all sang it to perfection and when Josh came on stage...the whole performance went another level. I wanna thank Josh for coming over and taking the time to sing this along with my group. You are on fire tonight and you totally deserve to make the final two...so PLEASE VOTE FOR UNION J!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So usually on the duets, mentor pick artists who their act is heading to become most like........... but I think that... that worked! It was quite rocky and you definitely needed some vocals energy to pull out some of those notes and I think you nailed it making it a very very difficult night for the voting pubic because you stood your ground in that song so good luck to you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great comments again for Union J's duet, if you want them to WIN PM "Union J" to me as lines will be freezing soon!

Our last duet is the legendary Melanie Masson and the huge legend Steve Tyler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlXcJDtDwM

Melanie solo until 1.30
    Introduces Steven Tyler
    Steven Solo - until 2.03
    Both sing together until 2.44
    Melanie Solo until 2.50
    Steve Solo until 2.56
    Dream On's - take it in turn getting louder/ more forceful/ more elaborate against the music
    Both Sing 3.43 onwards
    Forum Member
    Melanie Masson

*Standing Ovation*

Yes Melanie! Showing off your rocky side tonight with a fantastic duet enabling you to show off your fantastic rock tone and the brilliant powerful side of your voice. You totally killed it tonight with both of those opening performances and you seriously have to make it to the next stage of the final. That duet really suited your voice and hopefully have your rock fans a bit of something to get their teeth into. Excellent performance and remember people VOTE MASSON!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie Masson and Aerosmith
    **Standing Ovation**
    Melanie, you showed us that you do deserve to be here. That was amazingly insane and a great song choice. Your vocals were smashing and it was a great performance Melanie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Now this is a match made in rock heaven! You Melanie the rock chick and Mr Tyler, the Rockstar legend himself, what a special treat for all of us tonight! It may be old school, but this is how people like you used to rock and I LOVED IT. This has been a very strong night for all of us so I really cannot call how this will go tonight, but good luck with the votes tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no stopping you.. you smashed it again and I think you should be proud tonight, as should be your mentor. You brought your best foot forward in the duet and I hope you get the votes you need tonight as I think you deserve it and you are up against some strong acts. Great duet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now lines are....

FROZEN!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh crap I hadn't voted........
    Forum Member
    oh crap I hadn't voted........

I was multitasking I voted more than once :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you hadn't voted yet you're too slow, I said that the votes would freeze after the last act's duet.

So... the act who has received the fewest amount of votes up until now and will be leaving the competition in third place is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frozen already?! :eek:

That's made me feel a bit queasy...
    Forum Member
    Good luck everyone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to everyone. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond White!
    Commiserations to Naruto who loses Diamond in 3rd place!

However, that means it's between Union J and Melanie Masson for the Winner title