Options

All Ireland Hurling Final

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
Forum Member
Did we have any converts to the Hurling following that amazing game yesterday? I'm so glad that Sky Sports are showing this (even though the commentary is a bit poor) as it is a sport that deserves a bigger audience. Who know's with the extra revenue the players might even start to get paid.

Comments

• Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been a few converts since it made the move to Sky.

Missed the game yesterday as I was in Newcastle but I believe it was a cracker.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose having it on Sky is better than nothing, but as it happens I've been following the shinty on BBC Alba via freesat - blimey that's a game-and-a-half and I'm amazed everyone still has their head on afterwards! Added bonus is the background. Watch football and the background is usually some horrid industrial landscape - if you can see out of the ground. Shinty? Isle Of Skye.

:D
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Well we have a replay to look forward to.

And as my dad is a Kerryman we are looking forward to the football final too against Donegal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I've never seen Shinty but it's supposed to be very close to Hurling. I'll look out for it on Alba.

Looking forward to the football final as well, although I won't have sky sports and GAAGO isn't showing it in the UK so might have to use vpn or something.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Well we have a replay to look forward to.

And as my dad is a Kerryman we are looking forward to the football final too against Donegal.

Boooo! Gwan Jimmy Mac!
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite odd that you can score by hitting both over and under the bar

Which team wins when one team has scored 2 goals and 6 points while the other team has scored 3 goals and 2 points?
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    Quite odd that you can score by hitting both over and under the bar

Which team wins when one team has scored 2 goals and 6 points while the other team has scored 3 goals and 2 points?

Goals count for 3 points so the first team wins by 12 to 11.

PS Kerry won - so a happy day all round!:D
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Anyone watch the reply?

I've got into this - right at the end of the season!
  • Options
    katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. Will be watching next season. A great final. Congrats to Kilkenny