Options

What shops do you hate ?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
hello have you ever went down the street and seen a shop that you absolutly hate and think the unit could of been filled with a better shop

the shop i hate is Jessops

Comments

• Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Primark (weirdly pronounced preemark by everyone in Scotland), its full of jumble sale tat! I persist in going in but always come away empty handed. .
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it is TK Max, everytime I go in there it feels like a jumble sale.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peacocks, primark, newlook, never buy supermarket clothes and dorothy perkins often looks crap too.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    oh, and another one is Ikea, its souless and cold and clinical!
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate any shops but I do avoid walking past butchers.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons, ASDA, and Tescos, after time shopping in Sainsburys and Waitrose.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Primark and any sports shops.
  • Options
    BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Jessops today to get some mini DV tapes. Why don't you like it?
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harrods.
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAME.

I am convinced that Arthur Daley and Derek Trotter are owners of this chain of stores. The difference between Dick Turpin and these bastards is Mr Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he took your money.

HMV are just as bad as those monkeys.
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos, stupid place! Even their online store can't get 2 items out at the same time.

Another vote for tk maxx, hate rummaging in shops.:mad:
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oxfam. Pure evil.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one is the Card Factory!!

Dreadful place.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the OP work for one of Jessop's competitors? :eek:
    Peacocks, primark, newlook, never buy supermarket clothes and dorothy perkins often looks crap too.

Snob :p
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TK Maxx is diabolical but Ikea is the shop I hate with a passion. They sell some nice stuff, but I find the enforced route through the store a pain. If you want to go and buy a specific item you have to trail through the whole place to get it. Then you have to become unpaid warehouse staff to try and find the items you have bought, finally you join massive queues at the check out. Several hours of your life you will never get back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Greggs because of the shape of the shops-why not put a proper queuing system in place? I saw two old ladies have a barney just last week after one queue jumped and the other wouldn't have it.

HMV as I hate their 'No windows' to the outside world policy.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAME.

I am convinced that Arthur Daley and Derek Trotter are owners of this chain of stores. The difference between Dick Turpin and these bastards is Mr Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he took your money.

HMV are just as bad as those monkeys.
    Never ever had a problem with either store. Game can be patronising, especially over PC game system requirements, but that would be my only complaint.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TK Maxx, it really does smell of chav, and you have to wash the clothes before wearing them as they too smell of chav.

And they always have loads of pairs of jeans with an M shape on the back that I've never in my life seen anyone wearing.

They do occasionally have the odd bargain but you really do have to wade through the shite to get it.

Primark is horrible too, it also has a lingering chav smell and clothes all over the floor, plus their sizes are more "generous" than everywhere else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Boots
    Superdrug
    Game
    Grainger Games
    Vodafone Shop
    Argos
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    PC World. Each shop should be outfitted like a western saloon and the staff dressed in chaps and stetsons, as they are such a bunch of cowboys.

Try finding a staff member when you want some help.

Ring their Indian helpline when you want to speak to a particular store over something you've bought.

Spends hours waiting for something that can be done in 10 minutes in the tech centre just so they can charge you huge amounts for the privilege.

Utter sh*te.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    King Wrong wrote: »
    PC World. Each shop should be outfitted like a western saloon and the staff dressed in chaps and stetsons, as they are such a bunch of cowboys.

Try finding a staff member when you want some help.

Ring their Indian helpline when you want to speak to a particular store over something you've bought.

Spends hours waiting for something that can be done in 10 minutes in the tech centre just so they can charge you huge amounts for the privilege.

Utter sh*te.

That's reminded me.

PC World
    Currys
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessops - Ordered a camera from there and they gave it to me in a torn box, the camera had scratches on it etc. Took me another week to get it returned, stupid customer service.

Currys - Really hate them, was going to order a TV from them as it was cheap, my card was declined, i even went down to the bank to find out why, they said it was the site, came back later in the day to try again and the price had gone up, wanted to contact them to see if they would give it to me for the original price (i heard John Lewis and the like let you do that so it was worth a try), first off there is a maximum amount of characters allowed in the contact us form so i couldn't fit everything in, had to remove some stuff then i get an e-mail the next day that says they cannot deal with my concern as i need to call this number. Looked like a generic message, came a day after when if it was generic thy could have sent it seconds after i sent the form off and why should i call a number when the whole point of the form is to do it online? *******. They purposely do it so its harder for people to complain. Hope they go bust.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i just hate shopping.
  • Options
    frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That one where they sell ipods. Or is it ipads? It is well ipants whatever anyone says
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco - bland dear rubbish.