Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
Administrator
Aida wrote: »
I'm loathing the one for some sensor-activated soap dispenser which begins with a doom-laden voice informing the viewer that their existing soap-dispenser 'might have bacteria on it'!

Erm - yes - it probably has - so what? I'm using the bacteria-ridden soap-dispenser to obtain a small amount of soap because I'm going to wash my hands free of whatever life-threatening contaminant I've found in my kitchen!

The most important point, which advertisers miss out altogether, is that if a proper hand-washing technique isn't used, it doesn't matter what bactericide you use.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1111571

Comments

• IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ooh look a new home, how shall we decorate it, how about a nice Muriel on that wall, yes I KNOW a painting on a wall is called a Mural, but you have what you want on that wall and I'll have what I want :D
    • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      WKD- Fat slob jumping in the bath at a gym and claiming to have had a "heavy session"! More like the lardy sod got trollied on 'Wife Beater' and staggered into the gym thinking it was some sort of trendy bar.
    • LillithLillith Posts: 946
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I hate the Tampax Pearl ad with Mother Nature. So coy and twee. Yuk!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I hate all ads for sanitary ware.
    • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Here Comes The Girls!

F@ck off you loud advert.
    • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
      Forum Member
      Seems vanish have jumped on the bacteria bandwagon :( Also on the normal ad where the woman demonstrates it says "Including detergent" and all she does is put a scoop of Vanish in water :confused:
    • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      "I'm going to need MMMMORE TIES!!!"

<cue super-creepy ridiculous "yesssssss" laugh>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A-Aiu_i6uw
    • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
      Forum Member
      Creepy shit - shes more like a girlfriend!
    • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      "They say women can handle pain better than men, but that's just because we remember to take our painkillers"
      Or something like that from the latest Boots advert. It's getting annoying now because I'm seeing it almost everywhere and I don't really understand it's message. If you are in pain you don't really need to "remember" to get some treatment, do you?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      "They say women can handle pain better than men, but that's just because we remember to take our painkillers"
      how true, when it came to pregnancy my first wife insisted on being unconscious and that was only for the conception
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
      Forum Member
      I need help.

The blonde in the second segment of the Zoopla advert - who is she and from where do I know her?

And the actor in Train4TradeSkills should have gone on an acting course.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      just seen the ad, "On Friday Virgin 1 becomes Channel one"
      SOO, on Friday, we will have BBC1 on channel 1, and Channel One on channel 20 :confused:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      the ad for short-term loan

Woman looks at all her bills, like
      TV licence (Annual)
      Car insurance (Annual)
      and then phone for a short term loan to get over the "Short term" financial problem, which will of course cost a huge sum in interest.
      Look like great planning, having all the annual bills come at the same time, so why not put the TV licence and insurance etc. on monthly payments, save on interest and not need to worry about finding large sums in one lump.

Are these ads for morons, After all it's not rocket surgery, silly question, of course they are
    • kinseyjafkinseyjaf Posts: 1,335
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Those damn Sky Sports News ads they are driving me loopy!!!:mad::eek::eek:
    • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Istvan wrote: »

Are these ads for morons, After all it's not rocket surgery, silly question, of course they are

Must be, I don't know how anyone could look past the shocking acting in those sort of ads.
    • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Durex advert I have just seen in the break for ITV News.

I am actually speechless:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXA4gqa3XQ&feature=related

I see its trending on Twitter. I think it's the music that disturbs me the most!:o

Edit: That Youtube is not the full version I've just seen, the one on in the news has a lovely bit with an old couple too:eek:

6.45pm at night, I bet there have been complaints already
    • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Nicola37 wrote: »

I see its trending on Twitter. I think it's the music that disturbs me the most!:o

Edit: That Youtube is not the full version I've just seen, the one on in the news has a lovely bit with an old couple too:eek:

What's so shocking about it that warrants complaints? F**king hell, it's like some people don't live in the real World.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Whats a condom? Me and my 37 children would like to know. :)
    • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Azagoth wrote: »
      What's so shocking about it that warrants complaints? F**king hell, it's like some people don't live in the real World.

not me personally and not so much the content of the advert but the timing of the advert being early evening has surprised many people and people do complain about stuff at the drop of a hat, so can imagine some will.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Whats a condom? Me and my 37 children would like to know. :)
      I think that you and your 37 children SHOULD know :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      kinseyjaf wrote: »
      Those damn Sky Sports News ads they are driving me loopy!!!:mad::eek::eek:

Agree kinsyjaf :mad:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
      Forum Member

I was going to make an outraged post but after seeing that ad I'm irresistably compelled to go and have lots of sex instead;)

*runs off upstairs*
    • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,447
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was going to make an outraged post but after seeing that ad I'm irresistably compelled to go and have lots of sex instead;)

*runs off upstairs*
      I wish i was on the top deck of your bus home! :D
    • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

I have to complain about that advert...................................

because the music is terrible!!
    • Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 790
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Sun advert with the kid and the begining of the football season, we are are now 3 games into the season so lets drop it now ok.
    This discussion has been closed.