Options

Næturvaktin aka The Night Shift

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daniel's dad reminds me of Mayor Bremer from The Killing!!
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    deleted.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Flemming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor old Olafur!!! :eek:
  • Options
    juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    dang dang dang dang dang dang..........PMSL:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Poor old Olafur!!! :eek:

The Milky Bar Kid :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, poor Olafur!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Aww, poor Olafur!

That Last bit .......priceless. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found a use for his milk then!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The show isn't on again until Monday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh you're kidding! That's rubbish. :( Boo.

I've just been googling, and apparently after this there were two more series, and than a film which 20% of the whole population has seen. I hope the BBC is going to show the whole lot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Enjoyed the first 4 eps. Catching up on iPlayer. Mondays only from now on as well ???

The boss is really obnoxious- I would have hit by now if I worked in there. What power does he have over Olafur? Or is his confession that the younger lads at school bullied him a clue to his character?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the first 4 eps. Catching up on iPlayer. Mondays only from now on as well ???

The boss is really obnoxious- I would have hit by now if I worked in there. What power does he have over Olafur? Or is his confession that the younger lads at school bullied him a clue to his character?

Bjarnfreðarson, the film that concludes the adventures of Georg, Ólafur and Daniel helps to explain how Georg ended up the way he is. It's both a prequel and sequel to the three tv series

This link contains spoilers so be careful

http://shopicelandic.com/en/store/bjarnfredarson-dvd
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Oh you're kidding! That's rubbish. :( Boo.

I've just been googling, and apparently after this there were two more series, and than a film which 20% of the whole population has seen. I hope the BBC is going to show the whole lot!

Yeah you are right about the two other series. The next one after the Nightshift, is the Dayshift and the last one is the Prisonshift.

I've not seen the film Bjarnfreðarson cause I really don't like this series, find it boring and so not funny at all.

And an extra point to give you all, the man playing Georg is the mayor of Reykjavik, Jón Gnarr.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers V. Might want to mention that contains spoilers to be considerate of our FMs. Didn't bother me so no probs. I just hope we get to see all 3 series and the film as well. Might have to go a hunting if BBC4 lets us down.;);)

Righty-Oh.

Eps 5&6 available to DL on iPlayer so I'll wish goodnight to all on here.:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers V. Might want to mention that contains spoilers to be considerate of our FMs. Didn't bother me so no probs. I just hope we get to see all 3 series and the film as well. Might have to go a hunting if BBC4 lets us down.;);)

I've just edited the post to warn of spoilers :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bjarnfreðarson, the film that concludes the adventures of Georg, Ólafur and Daniel helps to explain how Georg ended up the way he is. It's both a prequel and sequel to the three tv series

Wow I just checked that website you put up there, and this is ridiculously overpriced, you can buy it for half of the price in the shops here in Iceland.
  • Options
    EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This link contains spoilers so be careful

Very relieved to see that the DVDs have English subtitles; if BBC4 don't show series 2 & 3 & the film I'm definitely going to have to buy them all. Absolutely hooked on the Night Shift!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kat_Moon wrote: »
    Wow I just checked that website you put up there, and this is ridiculously overpriced, you can buy it for half of the price in the shops here in Iceland.

It's was the only site I could find that gave the basic plot of the film
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BBC4 probably bought the rights to the Rolf Lassgård Wallander on the back of the success of the Krister Henriksson version so maybe if Night Shift is successful enough they'll buy the other series and the film
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kat_Moon wrote: »

Hey Kat ......how cool is it that you are ( or claim ) to be from Iceland .

Welcome.

I am loving the BBC 4 Iceland theme.

Surprised anything is cheaper in Iceland.
    Friend of mines kids are working hard at school to get the money for the school trip to Iceland this summer.

Can you have someone push Jeremy Clarkson into the Volcano if he goes there again LOL;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey Kat ......how cool is it that you are ( or claim ) to be from Iceland .

Welcome.

I am loving the BBC 4 Iceland theme.

Surprised anything is cheaper in Iceland.
    Friend of mines kids are working hard at school to get the money for the school trip to Iceland this summer.

Can you have someone push Jeremy Clarkson into the Volcano if he goes there again LOL;)

Thanks

I am from Iceland, born and raised here.

Today it's much cheaper for you to come to us rather then we coming over to Europe due to the currency of the krona.

I hope that the kids will have a lovely time here, are they just visiting Reykjavik or going somewhere else?

LOL well if Jeremy Clarkson comes here, I'll push him personally into Eyjafjallajökul or any other volcano ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not exactly sure what the itinery is for the kids, but its a chance in a lifetime for them and they are hugely keen to go.

Im certain that anyone who has watched any of the programmes , like me, will be looking to visit.

I loved the Storyville programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0110ghk/Storyville_20102011_Last_Days_of_the_Arctic_Capturing_the_Faces_of_the_North/

Featured the photographic work of Ragnar Axelsson (Rax)

Stunning, poignant, and emotive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not exactly sure what the itinery is for the kids, but its a chance in a lifetime for them and they are hugely keen to go.

Im certain that anyone who has watched any of the programmes , like me, will be looking to visit.

I loved the Storyville programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0110ghk/Storyville_20102011_Last_Days_of_the_Arctic_Capturing_the_Faces_of_the_North/

Featured the photographic work of Ragnar Axelsson (Rax)

Stunning, poignant, and emotive.

It is a lovely place to visit, it's so totally different from anything else you can see in the world.

Ragnar Axelsson is a fantastic photographer. He takes pictures for one of the papers here.

Here are some of his pictures to look at
    http://www.mbl.is/myndasafn/leit/?q=&r=%2C&f=&t=&p=477&submit=Leita
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's me caught up. Dribbling Baby. Nearly choked on my Cocoa when that bit came up:D:D. Very very funny indeed. Anyone know what Daniel is writing down all the time? If anyone can give a non-spoiler answer it would be appreciated. ie what do the words we have seen in his book mean.