Susan Boyle: Unlikely Superstar

2»

Comments

• Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I really enjoyed that.

Seeing her spend time with her fans and the joy she brought them was wonderful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? perhaps she is happy after all Sir Jimmy Saville spent his erntire life solo.:confused:

He seemed to prefer it that way. SuBo was once in love.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? perhaps she is happy after all Sir Jimmy Saville spent his erntire life solo.:confused:

Because she said that she sometimes feels lonely, especially at night, so I just think it would be nice if she had someone to come home to.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    He seemed to prefer it that way. SuBo was once in love.

Oh ok but perhaps she might prefer to be single herself now situations change,but if she does want a partner i do hope she finds what she is looking for at the end of the rainbow.:)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching this with mother. I think Susan's got a great and genuine personality. I definitely think that she'll keep her fans because she seems to be so genuine, unlike a lot of other celebrities. I do think that Susan should maybe start spending some money to make life easier for herself.....even if it's just saving the interest for something.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Because she said that she sometimes feels lonely, especially at night, so I just think it would be nice if she had someone to come home to.

I hope she finds somebody in that case.:)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »

This would be the wrong reason to be with someone. Companionship would be more like friends.
  • Options
    floppydogfloppydog Posts: 1,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Am watching.

She seems a lovely lady but there's just something I'm not sure about....

Me too, I keep expecting her to flip out, something odd there.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the last 30mins of this programme and found it quite fascinating.

Susan Boyle had her life totally turned on it's head and being a person of a somewhat fragile nature anyway, surprised she managed to retain her sanity given her background.

Thankfully the seasoned professionals of the industry who are involved with her, seem thoroughly decent people.

So far so good for her.......I just hope it stays that way.
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the show. Susan Boyle is certainly a genuine person. It was moving seeing her in the USA with her fans that had come to meet her. She was so emotional at the end before she left them.
    I think she must of felt she wished she had that warmth, from some of the people when she was younger, as she used to get bullied and called names in the streets.

Let's hope this will make some of these so called people think the next time they decide to pick on someone in similar conditions and how it affects them through their lives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    What a lovely natural lady Susan Boyle has remained. I am so glad that fame and fortune hasn't changed who she is.
    Sometimes just a few good friends can stop a person feeling lonely and Susan certainly has some of those.
    For one of the biggest singing stars in the world to be able to go down the local pub for a drink says a lot about the good people who live in her area.
    I will definately be buying album number three.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the show and I wasn't even going to watch it. I kept being amazed by the absolute purity of her voice. She is a very normal person speaking in this (for me) quite unattractive Scottish accent and then this absolutely beautiful singing voice comes over.

She's a nice lady - I hope she keeps her feet on the ground and finds the total happiness she deserves. :)
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realy enjoyed this programme last night. thing i like about Susan is she is unchanged. the fame hasn't gone to her head and she cares about her fans as you could see when she went to America and they loved her too.
    I did enjoy seeing Simon as well.
    I hope Susan one day finds the somebody she has always been looking for as she doesn't deserve to be lonely.
    What a resfreshing change she is compared with a lot of these so called celebs who are so up themselves. they could do to take a leaf out of Susan's book.
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Susan Boyle has a beautiful singing voice but the programme made me feel quite sad. She clearly has trouble interacting normally with people and her behaviour is quite odd. She seems emotionally very fragile and I find it difficult to envisage that she would be able to conduct a serious relationship with someone.

It actually made me think that she was much more seriously affected at birth than I'd previously appreciated. I think she must be quite challenging to manage.

I'm happy she's found her niche and wish her every success but I can't see a record company being prepared to put the amount of effort into supporting her that she clearly needs once she's no longer a new talent. I don't think she's got the intellectual or emotional capacity to do this without the support she's now getting.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    oh vienna wrote: »
    I like her, but I don't think there is anything "unlikely" about her success story - her Britain's Got Talent audition was manipulated in the extreme, with clever editing and an obvious agenda from the beginning, in that they knew that if she was slim and pretty nobody would have been particularly interested, so they set it all up to make everyone think she was going to be a joke act to provoke the reaction they got.

Don't get me wrong, I like her and have her albums, but her success isn't random or unlikely at all. It's down to savvy marketing and good management.

I agree, you make some good points but I'm not sure they expected 100m views on YT or whatever it is and that she would be so popular after BGT.