Whats Ian Lee's Problem with this forum?

caz06caz06 Posts: 848
Forum Member
✭✭
So I've seen him mentioning DS on BOTS a few times and can't tell if it's in a good or bad way and is the the way he keeps saying "She's still here even after my letters to the heads of C5" about that Dr Funky suppose to be taking the piss out of the people on the forum?

just something I've been thinking about today ha

Comments

• SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say what his problem is with DS but it's very likely i would get a ban.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it Ghostbusters II?
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think he's got more important things in life to worry about that having a problem with a forum. He just takes the mick out of the moaning minnies and good for him! :D
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    He will be back on here on Saturday
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel quite sorry for him every time he is on screen he gets a barrage of horrible posts about him on DS, I mean he can't help being like he is give the man a break :p
  • Sachin_Shah1Sachin_Shah1 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I love him for exposing that annoying **** Funky...always doubted her 'Dr' status..just like Gillian Mckeith got exposed.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    I would think he's got more important things in life to worry about that having a problem with a forum. He just takes the mick out of the moaning minnies and good for him! :D

Ditto.

Every Saturday, like clockwork, someone is calling for him to be sacked. If people I didn't know were trying to relieve me of my living every week I hope I would take it with such humour.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because a lot of posters can't spell his name correctly?
  • sahmrawsahmraw Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Iain Lee and he does visit the forum. This is the biggest BB forum in the UK; so it is good he keeps up with what we are saying. He often reflects our mood and that is a good thing. If the FMs can't take the joke when he takes the mickey out of us, then we are too serious.

At least he gives us the time of day, and promotes the forum too, in his own way.

Nice one Iain.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I have said, I used to like him a lot

But he has sold his soul and wit to BB and now is just a laughing mouthpiece.

I want the old irreverent, cheeky bloke back.
  • WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Lee is one of those presenters who I just shrug at, it's pretty obvious he says edgy stuff to get a rise out of people. He's still better than AJ imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

Why has he sold his soul?
    I honestly don't get why people say that when he's obviously doing a job he enjoys ... and taking it all with the humour and lightheartedness which is intended for such a show. :confused:
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What makes you think Iain has a problem with DS? Others on the show may just look but he has the backbone to interact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    What makes you think Iain has a problem with DS? Others on the show may just look but he has the backbone to interact.

Not interaction .... "attention seeking" apparently ;-)
    Heaven forbid anyone can have a laugh at themselves ;-);-)
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warp wrote: »
    Iain Lee is one of those presenters who I just shrug at, it's pretty obvious he says edgy stuff to get a rise out of people. He's still better than AJ imo.
    Blimey, no one could be as bad as AJ!

Quite a few of the FM's really don't like him, so when he appears, they have a go. I kind of see it how I feel when I see Stephen, a real urge to abuse!

I agree re the edgy stuff, but that is him. It's not a 'new act' he's brought to the show, it's what he does and most the time I'm quite happy that he does. I still haven't forgotten he brought up the whole Conor thing when everyone else was tip toeing around it on BOTS.

Not really sure what he's done wrong, Is it maybe slatting a HM some FM's love or loving a HM some FM's hate? Not sure. I think he's ok.
  • babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I like Iain and his brief appearances were always a joy because of his wacky humour ,but now that he is on for whole shows it's wearing thin .
    He needs to back off a bit with the humour in certain areas .For instance when the debate is serious and we want genuine adult opinions it's very irritating when he interrupts to inject not needed toilet humour .
    Just to emphasise again , I LIKE HIM, but he needs to calm down at times .
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    exactly

he just likes to wind up the people full of self righteous indignation
  • radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »

i totally agree. i think he's great on the radio ; smart, innovative, creative but, on BB, it all feels over-rehearsed and contrived and unfunny. 'a laughing mouthpiece' is a good way of putting it.
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Iain on the show. So many FMs love to have a dig at him for various reasons that IMO are petty in the scheme of things. I would imagine that in lots of cases where he interrupts he's getting instructions in his earpiece to stop the conversation going any further. Just doing his job. I don't always agree with him but then that's human nature.
  • Silver RiverSilver River Posts: 1,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every Saturday, like clockwork, someone is calling for him to be sacked. If people I didn't know were trying to relieve me of my living every week I hope I would take it with such humour.
    This. ^^^
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Because he is a massive troll and craves attention.
  • neilnotnielneilnotniel Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    sahmraw wrote: »
    I love Iain Lee and he does visit the forum. This is the biggest BB forum in the UK; so it is good he keeps up with what we are saying. He often reflects our mood and that is a good thing. If the FMs can't take the joke when he takes the mickey out of us, then we are too serious.

At least he gives us the time of day, and promotes the forum too, in his own way.

Nice one Iain.

This is true!!! He's a funny bloke, and I'm glad he's got the job. I often find myself agreeing with him.
  • CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian loves us. He loves our insanity and bitterness xd
  • KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Many people here disliked Russell Brand and his "crude" humour when he was host. You would have trouble finding a presenter that DS BB wouldn't moan about so I wouldn't pay much notice if I was Iain.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Because he is a Big Brother fan.