Options

Latest Trend on Facebook- Sharing 1st Profile Pic?

scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but since the past 1 week there seems to be a new trend on my Facebook news feed much like the "Ice Bucket Challenge" where you nominate a person and they have to share their 1st ever profile pic?:confused:

I so far can't seem to make out a reason as to what cause it is for this time (seems to be like people are just doing it for fun), or am I missing something..:blush::confused:

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares?
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I noticed someone doing it yesterday and nominated a few people, but so far I haven't seen any others. Don't know how far it's spread yet.

It seems like an activity that's just for fun so I don't particularly mind it, but I don't quite understand where the fun is. Maybe people are supposed to feel embarrassed by their first profile pic.

On forums you get people asking for people's first posts or topics so it could be like that.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I haven't been nominated for this.

I don't even know what my first profile picture was so I wouldn't be able to post it.

it'll all end in a week's time.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been nominated to do it but I won't be getting involved.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How positively thrilling.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be doing this - as I have no idea what my profile pic was way back in 2007.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was going around my FB friends before Christmas. It went quiet and then started to resurface this week. Something similar was going around at the back end of last year where you posted 5 of your favourite photos.

Ive not been nominated yet for the profile pic thing but if I am I'll probably participate. It's only a bit of fun and, unless you've deleted it, your first profile pic will still be in the profile pictures album.
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just like the "post 5 photos that make you smile" thing which was going around before Christmas, which had nothing to do with charity and was just a bit of fun. I didn't get nominated for that and doubt I'd be nominated for this new one as both seem to be doing the rounds amongst people I'm not that close to. I suppose it's one of those things which might be mildly amusing if it's someone you're good friends with but otherwise it's either annoying or something you just totally ignore. For me it's currently the latter as it's not something I've seen too much of...yet.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't what mine was. Now I want to know out of curiosity. I've looked back as far as I can but can't see what date I joined. When I go on the website it lets me scroll back so far but not all the way back.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another trend that's happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I don't what mine was. Now I want to know out of curiosity. I've looked back as far as I can but can't see what date I joined. When I go on the website it lets me scroll back so far but not all the way back.

Just go to your photo albums and look at the first picture in your profile pictures album.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got nominated today, I was slightly intrigued about what my first picture was (and mortified about how much weight I have put on!) but I'm not bothering to post it and couldn't be bothered to nominate anyone else either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    "Facebook" the site for people with no lives trying to find somebody else's life to live as there own, Truly sad people :(
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluey-uk wrote: »
    "Facebook" the site for people with no lives trying to find somebody else's life to live as there own, Truly sad people :(

Not as sad as people who look down and sneer at those who use it for keeping in contact with friends and family all over the world, sharing photos and stories, catching up etc, using it for business, keeping up to date (within seconds) of local news and more. 1.23billion can't be wrong.
    Go and find someone else to look down upon.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Not as sad as people who look down and sneer at those who use it for keeping in contact with friends and family all over the world, sharing photos and stories, catching up etc, using it for business, keeping up to date (within seconds) of local news and more. 1.23billion can't be wrong.
    Go and find someone else to look down upon.

Would be interesting to see just how many of that 1.23 billion are fake accounts or people's secondary and tertiary accounts.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    Just go to your photo albums and look at the first picture in your profile pictures album.

It doesn't work. I know that the picture in 'last' place was not my first picture.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, why?
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    I don't get it, why?

A bit of fun. A chance to laugh at old pictures of yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    It doesn't work. I know that the picture in 'last' place was not my first picture.

Worked for me. Perhaps you deleted it a long time ago?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluey-uk wrote: »

I don't get this hate- I've been on Facebook since 2006, when I was at Uni and it was only meant for uni students- meaning you had to have an official university email id to join Fb (not like now where there are multiple fake accounts).

I don't go adding random people I don't know, hence my friends list is very limited of only close friends/family who actually because we're spread all over the world as far as Australia can now keep in touch and see what the others are upto. You go on a holiday some place and post pics (I also use it as a online storage tool) and people who want to see will take time to see, like/comment- which otherwise going through photo albums would be boring.

Bottom line is, if you don't like Fb thats fine and I respect your opinion- but looking down on other people who use it- that's truly sad!
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of fun as far as I can see.

Though my first profile pic is incredibly blurry.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I haven't been nominated for this.

I don't even know what my first profile picture was so I wouldn't be able to post it.

it'll all end in a week's time.

It's pretty easy just go to ur pictures then albums and go into the one named profile pics it will be the last one in the album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of fun as far as I can see.

Though my first profile pic is incredibly blurry.

Mine dates back to early 2007 and is a an old MySpace selfie (before they we're known as selfies!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    my cousin shared me hers..its a good un, she is so pretty too..runs in the family i think :D