Unpopular Music Opinions

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Posh Spice's 'voice' IS as bad as people make out.

No way is Dannii sexier than Kylie - videos or otherwise.

Just your opinion, like they are mine :)
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most Eighties music is very overrated, and only sounds good to some people today because modern music is so much worse.

THis.

I grew up in the 80's. Music was GODAWFUL then!:rolleyes: People have selective memories!:rolleyes:
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele's voice is nothing special

I like her but fail to see why people are so ecstatic over her voice which is pretty unspectacular. Amy Winehouse pissed all over Adele as a singer.

I prefer Katy Perry to Gaga, in spite of Gaga clearly being the better singer.

As a Madonna fan I think Katy is closer to earlier Madonna than Gaga the desperate Wannabe.

Like early Madonna, Katy cant sing for shit, picks catchy bubblegum pop songs,has a kooky image which changes constantly, has had a brief marriage to a Hollywood actor &has rebelled against a religious family.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    They should get rid of the charts...
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Adele's voice is nothing special

I like her but fail to see why people are so ecstatic over her voice which is pretty unspectacular. Amy Winehouse pissed all over Adele as a singer.I prefer Katy Perry to Gaga, in spite of Gaga clearly being the better singer.

As a Madonna fan I think Katy is closer to earlier Madonna than Gaga the desperate Wannabe.

Like early Madonna, Katy cant sing for shit, picks catchy bubblegum pop songs,has a kooky image which changes constantly, has had a brief marriage to a Hollywood actor &has rebelled against a religious family.

BIB - On record, yes.
    Singing live, Amy Winehouse was pretty poor IMO.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Clare - Too Close is the worst song in the history of recorded sound.

Adele is very overrated as a singer/artist I can name a hand full of better singers.

Katy Perry is one of the worst live performers ever.

Louis Tomlinson brings nothing to 1D he also has a bad attitude.

Justin Bieber is a mime artist and his live performances are awful.

Cheryl Cole is nothing special.

People should boycott Chris Brown's music.

Even though I like her music Tulisa shouldn't be an X Factor judge last year she was very critical of peope for being predictable for sticking to the same style when she has never left her comfort zone herself.

Rihanna is overrated.

I am sick of every song in the charts being an overly autotuned featured artist song.

I don't see why The Script and James Blunt are so popular I find them middle of the road.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rate the mid seventies.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I love 80s pop music and quite like SAW!

I used to think Madonna was cool and now (even though I like some of her current stuff) I wish she would disappear.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Jude is DULL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Kelly Rowland and Kelis are excruciatingly under-appreciated.

Beatles aren't as great as everyone makes out.

Rihanna has a great voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    - Radiohead really aren't that good, okay with a few stand out songs. Manic Street Preachers are far better but are under appreciated in comparison.
    - Cheryl Cole is unfairly treated by people. She's constantly called "overrated" and told she can't sing but how many current pop stars can sing? These days, pop music isn't about the voice. If I wanted to listen to good vocals and talented song writing, I know where to go :) She's no worse than Rihanna, talent-wise, yet Rihanna does not have the same dislike directed towards her.
    - I absolutely despise voices such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Christiana Aguliera. I prefer voices that aren't technically perfect, music more enjoyable for me.
    - George Harrison is the most underrated musical artist by far. Saw someone say in another thread that Alexandra Burke was more talented :eek: Wrote some of the Beatles best stuff; Something, while my guitar gently weeps, Here comes the sun and had some fantastic solo songs; all those years ago, My sweet lord. But it's John and Paul who are mostly spoken about.
    - Beyonce is overhyped beyond belief. The way some people speak about her, you'd think she was John Lennon or something. Some good solo songs but nothing special.
    - Adele is also overhyped. She's clearly talented but I feel much of her material is boring and lacks the "wow-factor". IMO, much of her success is down to the fact she's different to all the dance stuff in the charts.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fancy Mel C. Nothing wrong with a hard bodied athletic woman with tattoos.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Winehouse's decline and death is responsible for Adele's rise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Beyonce being way overrated I don't mind her I like one or two of her solo songs but she's no where near how some People hype her up to be.

Kelly Rowland should of been the lead singer of DC not Beyonce
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree!!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga is one of the worst things about music today, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj are both just as talentless as the other, Lana Del Rey is so depressing and I'd much rather be sat at home listening to some K-Pop. Haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I Completely agree with ^^ :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P!nk is the best singer in pop music.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Electra Heart' was a distinctly average album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Canks wrote: »
    - Radiohead really aren't that good, okay with a few stand out songs. Manic Street Preachers are far better but are under appreciated in comparison.
    - Cheryl Cole is unfairly treated by people. She's constantly called "overrated" and told she can't sing but how many current pop stars can sing? These days, pop music isn't about the voice. If I wanted to listen to good vocals and talented song writing, I know where to go :) She's no worse than Rihanna, talent-wise, yet Rihanna does not have the same dislike directed towards her.
    - I absolutely despise voices such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Christiana Aguliera. I prefer voices that aren't technically perfect, music more enjoyable for me.
    - George Harrison is the most underrated musical artist by far. Saw someone say in another thread that Alexandra Burke was more talented :eek: Wrote some of the Beatles best stuff; Something, while my guitar gently weeps, Here comes the sun and had some fantastic solo songs; all those years ago, My sweet lord. But it's John and Paul who are mostly spoken about.
    - Beyonce is overhyped beyond belief. The way some people speak about her, you'd think she was John Lennon or something. Some good solo songs but nothing special.
    - Adele is also overhyped. She's clearly talented but I feel much of her material is boring and lacks the "wow-factor". IMO, much of her success is down to the fact she's different to all the dance stuff in the charts.

Completely agree with every point you've made, especially the ones about Whitney Houston type singers, Beyonce and Adele!

To add on to the Adele point, I also think the same of Ed Sheeran. He's talented but nothing hugely special and there are hundreds of people out there like him. As with Adele, his popularity mostly stems from the fact he's different to most of the dance orientated music in the charts. People are rebelling against it (despite the fact it's still selling loads :confused:) and looking for 'real' music - however they aren't really coming up with the right answers. I also believe the same can be said of Coldplay. They're really nothing special and have only gotten worse especially with their new attempts at becoming mainstream, which seemed to have worked.

I've heard the term 'Nu Boring' being branded around in terms of the successes of these three acts and I completely agree with it. People critisized The Smiths for being 'miserable' :rolleyes:, at least their music was interspersed with a real warmth, humour and wit. Adele, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay and the like are the real definition of miserable (although admittedly Coldplay aren't as bad as the first two). It doesn't help facts they are constantly overplayed as well. I don't think I could stand to hear 'Someone Like You' one more time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bizzle wrote: »

Rihanna has a great voice.

:eek:: take it back. take it back right now
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rock/indie music is terrible
    Madonna is talentless
    Gaga is too pretentious
    The Beatles are dull
    Coldplay are duller
    Cheryl has a nice voice (not great but not as bad as everyone makes out, and people didn't slate Britney for mining in her early days so why Cheryl??
    Mumford and Sons sound like strangled goats
    Rihanna has a great voice (just watch ltwyl live)
    Katy Perrys live voice is ear shattering
    Tupac is overrated
    Chris Brown should put more effort in his albums ( bar the singles Fortune is terrible)
    Alexandra Burke is dillusional but a great singer
    JLS could be awesome if they fired 3 member aka Aston should go solo
    Florence Welch's voice is horrible
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Rock/indie music is terrible
    Madonna is talentless
    Gaga is too pretentious
    The Beatles are dull
    Coldplay are duller
    Cheryl has a nice voice (not great but not as bad as everyone makes out, and people didn't slate Britney for mining in her early days so why Cheryl??
    Mumford and Sons sound like strangled goats
    Rihanna has a great voice (just watch ltwyl live)
    Katy Perrys live voice is ear shattering
    Tupac is overrated
    Chris Brown should put more effort in his albums ( bar the singles Fortune is terrible)
    Alexandra Burke is dillusional but a great singer
    JLS could be awesome if they fired 3 member aka Aston should go solo
    Florence Welch's voice is horrible

Agree with most of this :D
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering these are supposed to be "unpopular" opinions, everyone seems to have slated Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Madonna, Florence, Lana Del Rey, Adele, Cheryl and a bunch of others in just about every post.

Perhaps it should be renamed "Popular opinions" ;)
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen were pretty awful and Freddie Mercury very overrated.

Beyonce doesn't sing, she shrieks.

Florence Welch doesn't sing, she bellows.

Noel Gallagher is not in fact the greatest living songwriter of his generation.

Kylie's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" is not a classic pop song, it's one of the most boring pop songs of all time.

Adele is talented but her music is as dull as dishwater. Middle of the road karaoke fodder.