The rise & fall of the hipster doctor

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    The Smith era has definitely been one of missed potential. Series 5 for me was the most
    consistent of the three. Series 6 suffered from promising so much in the opening Impossible Astronaut and then becoming far too convoluted for it's own good.

The fact that very few of the plot points have been wrapped up (just who did cause the TARDIS to explode and why) has been it's downfall. As someone who rewatches episodes and series even I was confused now and then; goodness knows how a casual viewer would have kept up!

Moffat needs to go back to basics with Twelve. At times Smith's doctor has been a little too 'eccentric' and 'fast paced' which only adds to the confusion. An older and wiser Doctor is what the show needs right now. I for one would love to see another male companion join Clara and Twelve in series 8 allowing Moffat to write some coherent story arcs.

And for god sake please give us some closure on some of the mysteries of the past three series'! And not just a throwaway line! Actually explain!