Options

Just got my pay reveiw

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yay; 7% pay rise!

Only problem is i dont know if that is good or not! Its above inflation but what are you lot getting /expecting?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,475
    Forum Member
    Mine'll probably just a bog-standard 3% again so I reckon you've not done bad :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a teaching assistant so probably a badly drawn picture of something that resembles a drugged clown and headlice.
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good,wish I got 7%.Bog standard 3% for me as well. :(
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3% for me too, but 2 extra holiday days a year aswell, so quite happy.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask question about pay- I get paid monthly as a 1/12 deduction of my stated yearly salry- fine. yet last month it was nearly a 5 week working month and I still got same amount- yet when I work a 3 week month at the end of my contract- they work out days worked and calculate salary from this so they dont have to pay me the full month then.
    Is this fair? Ie. I work 5 weeks and get same monthly sum as when there are only 4 weeks in month- but when I only work 3 weeks at end of contract I get this week deducted- despite fact i ahve worked that extra week previously?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it was good. Ours has been defered until September...(and may not happen then)
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask question about pay- I get paid monthly as a 1/12 deduction of my stated yearly salry- fine. yet last month it was nearly a 5 week working month and I still got same amount- yet when I work a 3 week month at the end of my contract- they work out days worked and calculate salary from this so they dont have to pay me the full month then.
    Is this fair? Ie. I work 5 weeks and get same monthly sum as when there are only 4 weeks in month- but when I only work 3 weeks at end of contract I get this week deducted- despite fact i ahve worked that extra week previously?

You basic salary should work out exactly as stated on your salary irrespective of the actual pay dates themselves.

If accross the year you don't earn whats stated in your contract your employers are in breach and you should bring this to their attention.
  • Options
    fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    im expecting a 3.5% same as last yet any more and i'll be happy any less then i will be pi$$ed off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3% this year, last year we had 1%
  • Options
    potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I had 15% last year!!
    Expecting about 5% this year though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's perfectly fair. You are on an annual salary, paid in equal calendar-monthly instalments, which is not the same as a monthly salary. If the end of the month falls on a Monday, you'll be paid on a Monday, so trying to map it to weeks is irrelevant.

When it comes to working out a fraction of a month, usually on starting or leaving the job, they will either take the number of days you've worked (including weekends) and multiply that by 1/365th of your annual salary, or the number of working days and multiply it by 7/5ths of 1/365th.

The week isn't deducted: they're simply giving you 3/4 of a month's pay for 3/4 of a month's work.
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'm really, really lucky, I'll get 2%, having waited 6.5 years.

*wins*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this joy and just worked out i received a pay rises of 3.5 and 4.0 last year as i was receiving twice annual reviews.. which works out more then this year... cant complain a extra £175 per month... need to buy a treat for myself now!
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We get ours at the end of this month so I guess it will be around 3%. Anything higher brilliant!
  • Options
    bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
    Forum Member
    I just started a job in August which my friend has been doing since the year 2000, it's her 7th year with the company next month. She's only on 8p more than me. I think that's awful.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My union has asked for 7%.

It will probably end up around the 3.5-4% mark after haggling.

Edit:

Just looked on our intranet site and the company has offered 2.1% as a starting point saying 7% isn't realistic.

I suppose it is better than last year when the companies opening offer was 0%!!
  • Options
    horseychick28horseychick28 Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was just on 2% this year even though my workload had increased by 50% last year...so I quit!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Got a big fat zero again, as did most of the other engineers. That's two years running we've had no rises.

The company I work for operates a pay for performance scheme that is also linked to a pay banding system. I got an average grading which should have meant I got 3%-5% based on my current salary. But they decided not to use this formula for the past two years, even though it's in the company policies. This year they topped up the salaries of the lower paid employees who had joined us when we merged. Last year there were no pay rises, full stop.

What really pleased us was that we found out that the head man has just been awarded a 13% rise and a big bonus. :mad:

I'm now looking for another job. :)
  • Options
    The MarksterThe Markster Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    i just got a 28% pay rise last week - the biggest i'll ever get (i only got this coz i found a new job and my boss wanted to keep me)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be between 3-6% depending on the company performance at the end of the fiscal year. We also get an end of year bonus of 3% (store managers get upto 40% bonus, grrr). I am also a qualified first aider so I get my annual first aider bonus of £250 :)
  • Options
    bigc127bigc127 Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had mine the other day. grade 2 improvement required. no pay rise, no bonuses for at least 6 months and a verbal warning to boot. Appeal letter ready and waiting to be printed
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I am getting another pay rise this year - got a 2% one in January this year though .... :)

Mind you, that is the first pay rise there has been for this company in years .
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Bugger me, didn't get anything for 5 years.
    Got company and department bonuses though which usually put a 1 to 1/2K in my pocket though.

Feel like having moan now...

Any negotiating tips for getting a raise anyone?

Not a lot of good to me atm, don't get raises as a government artiste.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bugger me, didn't get anything for 5 years.
    Got company and department bonuses though which usually put a 1 to 1/2K in my pocket though.

Feel like having moan now...

Any negotiating tips for getting a raise anyone?

Not a lot of good to me atm, don't get raises as a government artiste.

Well, I don't have any tips for you....I've not worked at a paying job in over 10 years.

How are you doing George chick?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we're looking at 3.5% this year + a bonus depending on appraisal marking.