wishlist wish

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was just thinking. Rather than checking up on your wishlists now and then. I'd like it if sent you the equivalent of an e-mail on the system. You'd see this easily in the main menu, which you are in more often, if something shows up.

I do know you can have it record, which means you wont miss it, but sometimes I dont want to use the record option as it occasionally comes up with things I dont want.

Just my opinion, but think it would be great.

As to the above wrong one. I had one set for "Ringer", the new series with Sarah Gellar. Its now there and I have a proper series link for it, but initially on searching for upcomming shows, it insisted on telling me about "Taggart", which other than a "g" and an "r" didnt look like the title "ringer" I had asked it to look for.

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    It probably had the word in the episode synopsis :)

I'm not sure the email idea is really that important. For example, as my PC is downstairs and my Tivo is upstairs, if I want to know what it's doing I'll go have a look ;) If I'm away then it's no use knowing what it's going to record 'cos I can't do anything about it anyway :D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant rather than actually going into wishlists and going through the ones you've set up, or worst still you forget you set them up. It would be nice if it prodded you that it found something.
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I meant rather than actually going into wishlists and going through the ones you've set up, or worst still you forget you set them up. It would be nice if it prodded you that it found something.
    That's what the "auto-recording" function is for ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what the "auto-recording" function is for ;)

yeah I know, but when I set it up, as I said above it was picking up "Taggart" for some reason.

I think what is obvious and maybe hard for them to develop for, is that everyone has a different way they want it to work.

Anyone know when any Tivo update is going to get rolled out ???
  • mikerrmikerr Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    As to the above wrong one. I had one set for "Ringer", the new series with Sarah Gellar. Its now there and I have a proper series link for it, but initially on searching for upcomming shows, it insisted on telling me about "Taggart", which other than a "g" and an "r" didnt look like the title "ringer" I had asked it to look for.
    A common misunderstanding with title wishlists:

A title wishlist will match both the programme title AND episode title
    @carl.waring: but not description - that's only keyword wishlists.

So that Taggart episode may have been called "Ringer"
    [edit] ... google says Dead Ringer: http://taggart.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Ringer
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acutally I think that is a good idea a email once a week with all the things wishlists have found, I have quite a few but only a handful are set to record automatically. I guess when the iPad app is rolled out it will be a lot easier to browse wishlists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand, especially with wildcards (*) that searches can be powerful but I am unsure if I need to stick * on the end of things or not ??

ie. Set one up for "princess protection program" for my daughter. I've put "princess protection*"

Do I need the *, or would it have worked as simply "princess protection" ?? or safer puting the whole title ??
    Forum Member
    mikerr wrote: »
    @carl.waring: but not description - that's only keyword wishlists.
    What's the word I'm looking for.... oh yes....

D'OH!

:o:D

Do I need the *, or would it have worked as simply "princess protection" ?? or safer puting the whole title ??
    I think it would. Can't see why not :)