Team Hali - Harry Judd & Aliona Vilani Appreciation Thread

Comments

• teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've set the standard with that dance, and while I was initially annoyed Craig didn't give them 10, at least they can still get better!

They can be the first to get 40 this series!
  • SueDevonSueDevon Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I loved watching Harry and Aliona this eve. Their Quickstep was definitely properly amazing. And I already keep rewatching it, like their Argentine Tango. But it was fab to compare their dancing side by side with Chelsee, Jason etc and how they really stood out. Yay!!! Go Hali!!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks better and better when you watch it the second, third time etc.

It would be a great dance for the tour. The music choice is perfect - lovely uplifting lyrical song which Hayley Sanderson sang beautifully.

Harry was having to keep the step size under control to lead Aliona around the restricted floor, but on the tour he could let loose and dance more freely. He did a great job in only his third ballroom dance to lead so well and he really is becoming a great dancer thanks to their hard work.

The Latin needs to get up to the same level and we must be getting close to the Rumba. I'm hoping for great hips in that and great arms, both of which still need work. I really hope Harry doesn't actually have a hang-up about 'girly' hips - if he does, he needs a good bitch-slapping from Aliona to get him out of it. (smiley). Harry is going to look manly using his hips - he just has the build to look right doing the Rumba.
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *pokes head around the door*

Can I join please?

I've really hated Strictly this year, it's gone even further downhill than last year when it was saved by Matt & Aliona and Kara & Artem, but I switched on at the end of tonight's show and saw that fabulous QS and swingathon and decided I'm finally going to nail my colours to the mast and support Harry and Aliona all the way to the glitterball - they were brilliant tonight and hopefully that'll keep going :D

So sorry for being late to the party, but I think now there's some hope for this series yet given the QS we saw tonight!

It doesn't matter that your late it's great you've turned up.:D

As I said in the other thread their quickstep was a great feel good routine. Everytime I think about it I smile.:)

And it was great see Harry let loose in the swingathon. What stamina the pair have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just pointing this out......

Someone on the main thread and put together a "prop thread" and seeing the amount of stick Aliona gets on here for use of props, I just thought I would stick my head in and have a look..........

She has used 2 props whereas Pasha and Robin have used 8 and Flavia has used 7!!!!
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how much it reflects public thinking at large, but I note that on the favourite couple thread on the MF, Harry and Aliona have closed the gap on Chelsee and Pasha to just 3 votes as I write. The gap has been considerably larger in previous weeks.

Suffice to say I've voted for Team Hali!!
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I have said it already but It was incredible :D

and welcome aboard the good ship Hali Mystical123 :)

Im hoping they skip the Rhumba (hate it :o) but I fear cause Harry did Paso before they will have to miss that out instead :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, I want to see their rumba - Aliona choreographs beautiful rumbas

I hope they dont skip any dances, I want the full Harry package :)
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Not sure how much it reflects public thinking at large, but I note that on the favourite couple thread on the MF, Harry and Aliona have closed the gap on Chelsee and Pasha to just 3 votes as I write. The gap has been considerably larger in previous weeks.

Suffice to say I've voted for Team Hali!!

Make that 2 ;)

I hope they get to do the Rumba, I'd prefer that than the Paso again...
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Aw, I want to see their rumba - Aliona choreographs beautiful rumbas

I hope they dont skip any dances, I want the full Harry package :)

sorry it's just not a dance I have ever enjoyed, even Pro rhumba's make me shudder a bit lol
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the QS now (several times ha ha ) and I really enjoyed it. I'd looked in here last night anyway so I was able to totally relax watching it knowing that Len wasn't going to be a moany auld sod! Aliona looked gorgeous as ever - whatever way she wears her hair each week it alway looks lovely, so jealous!! I love the way she accessorises her outfits with loadza bangles every week. And Harry looked so handsome. :) I had never even heard of him before I saw him on Strictly as boybands have totally bypassed me since the 1980s, but he seems absolutely lovely :D

I mostly preferred Matt's :Latin last year and this year I mostly prefer Harry's ballroom so that's worked out well for re-watching purposes ;)

Boo to Music Maestro btw, that brought back some very unpleasant memories.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess its easier for us guys to like the Rumbas - male celebs usually struggle badly at them.

Kara's was the best dance-wise and Rachel's had the best emotion, but those two were the only great celeb Rumbas.

Aliona is great at the Rumba. She has great legs, but her arms when she is dancing are out of this world. Last year she drew a very good Rumba performance out of Matt in a dance which was waaay out of his comfort zone, so I'm hoping Aliona can do the same with Harry this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    I guess its easier for us guys to like the Rumbas - male celebs usually struggle badly at them.

Kara's was the best dance-wise and Rachel's had the best emotion, but those two were the only great celeb Rumbas.

Aliona is great at the Rumba. She has great legs, but her arms when she is dancing are out of this world. Last year she drew a very good Rumba performance out of Matt in a dance which was waaay out of his comfort zone, so I'm hoping Aliona can do the same with Harry this year.

Matt's Rumba was pretty hot stuff IMO! :D
  • dogsdinnerdogsdinner Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I agree taht Aliona did a great Rhumba with Matt and will do the same with Harry. I'm sure he'll ge the intensity right. Let's just hope he can relax those hips a bit more.To all those people who say he's cold to me he is just restrained. Did anybody notice during the end of his interivew with Tess and after he got his marks he was really trying to cover up his emotion? I don't think he is the type to go overboard with extreme outward displays of emotion. I like this about him - so thank God there will be no cringy gurning if he gets to do the Rhumba.
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he looked like he was about to burst into tears after he got his amazing scores for the quickstep.

Best dance ever!! Team Hali are the best on SCD!!

From Hayley
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, gurning in the rumba=not good!
  • dancing-girldancing-girl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Sky box went wrong, just watching and re watching on iplayer. Harry is really leading Aliona and this is a splendid quickstep. I love matt baker QS with Aliona and really miss him on SCD but Harry is very very good and this QS is as mesmerising as the AT.

Also I like Brucie for acknowledging Aliona's good work with Harry. Swingathon was amazing, what stamina ! Great dance routine
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's QS and the swingathon.....we have a winner, ladies and gentlemen. :D
    Forum Member
    According to Aliona's Twitter it's Rumba next week. And she's about to rewatch Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, so I'm guessing the Bryan Adams song. I love that song. I think it's called Everything I do :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Sky box went wrong, just watching and re watching on iplayer. Harry is really leading Aliona and this is a splendid quickstep. I love matt baker QS with Aliona and really miss him on SCD but Harry is very very good and this QS is as mesmerising as the AT.

Also I like Brucie for acknowledging Aliona's good work with Harry. Swingathon was amazing, what stamina ! Great dance routine

Bruce seems to make a point of saying something nice to Aliona, which was nice all those weeks when Len was sniping at her.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    SueDevon wrote: »
    According to Aliona's Twitter it's Rumba next week. And she's about to rewatch Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, so I'm guessing the Bryan Adams song. I love that song. I think it's called Everything I do :)

I couldnt be more excited:D after Harry getting the intensity of the AT absolutely spot on, cant see that he'll have any problems with performance in the rumba. After getting such brilliant marks this week, that's got to give him confidence to nail the dance technically next week.

....just had time to watch the show and the QS numerous times. Agree with all comments about the dance. There has never been a QS on Strictly which had so much complicated choreography. It was also a joy to see a dance completely in hold, and with no faffing about. I'm sure that's what has led to lots of positive comments on the MF.

and for one week only " I love Len"

welcome mystical, nice to see you back;)
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

rumba song........got to be this

got to be the first time this song has been used on Strictly.
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

rumba song........got to be this

got to be the first time this song has been used on Strictly.

Yeah, I can practically visualise a Harry and Aliona rumba to this and all that lovely intensity. *excited*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its got to be the Bryan Adams song hasnt it - Everything I do for a rumba

aaaahhh its going to be beautiful and passionate

Cant wait!!!!