Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Headancer wrote: »
    I agree when used " in context" The F word is fine...but hang on I have kids and that old bollocks about 9pm doesn't wash on Christmas Eve ...please come on.

This however dominated the script and seemed to be every line, as though struggling for comic effect.

I think suggesting The Irish use it all the time is a bit OTT, as it tends to intimate that as a race they are unable to string togther a coherent sentence so have no option but to throw in an expletive.

I know plenty Irish people whose swearing is no worse than the Brits.

Maybe its just society and an ultra low IQ which sinks lower every 10 years or so.

Maybe that is all the current generation can digest and compute!

Fawlty Towers, Blackadder (2,3,4) even Billy Connoly were ultra sharp.

Blackadder wasn't exactly without sin but could get away with it because it was brilliantly written.

MBB is of those programmes which somehow taps into a credibilty gap, somebody credible says its fresh, funny and then herd like masses have to appease each other on social media etc by suggesting same.....

Take the Fword out and rerun the script, see what I mean crap !

Wow, so now your saying that everyone who likes MBB must have a lower IQ than you?

I'm 24, I love Fawlty Towers, I love Allo,Allo, I love Only Fools and Horses etc..etc.. (the older comedies) but wait a minute, I also love Mrs Browns Boys #shockhorror

How old are your kids? MBB was on at like 10:15pm wasn't it? At that time you should know that anything goes for TV regarding content. OldBoy was on at 11:10pm last night on Christmas Day on Film4 yet I don't see you going about the content in that. (Great film, not bashing it).

It just seems that you don't like the show and are just constantly bashing it and looking down on people who do watch it and enjoy it. We get it, you don't like it, BBC aren't forcing you to watch it.

Eurostar raises the best point, it's not the whole cast that are swearing, just Agnes, it's part of the character.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I swear all the time but even I think Mrs Brown is funnier when she only says the odd f word because half the gag is you're not meant to expect her to say it
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonic wrote: »
    Wow, so now your saying that everyone who likes MBB must have a lower IQ than you?

I'm 24, I love Fawlty Towers, I love Allo,Allo, I love Only Fools and Horses etc..etc.. (the older comedies) but wait a minute, I also love Mrs Browns Boys #shockhorror

How old are your kids? MBB was on at like 10:15pm wasn't it? At that time you should know that anything goes for TV regarding content. OldBoy was on at 11:10pm last night on Christmas Day on Film4 yet I don't see you going about the content in that. (Great film, not bashing it).

It just seems that you don't like the show and are just constantly bashing it and looking down on people who do watch it and enjoy it. We get it, you don't like it, BBC aren't forcing you to watch it.

Eurostar raises the best point, it's not the whole cast that are swearing, just Agnes, it's part of the character.

And if you listen carefully, the younger cast members like Buster, Dermot and Maria never use even the mildest of swear words, not even when they're angry or having a row, so the script is quite intelligent in that regard.
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the show. The humour is repeated quite a lot but it's funny all the same.

It's nowhere as funny as Father Ted, but it's quite funny all the same.

Is Trevor meant to be gay or straight? He was looking quite intently at the new Father, hehehe.

Favourite characters are Winnie, the blonde daughter in law and Katty.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SHE who plays the eldest daughter.. alias his wife.. she has a lovely smile.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 39,949
    Forum Member
    Oh Lord we're off :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member

I ALWAYS say that! She's so pretty
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    The Royle Family - awful, needs binning.

Miranda - utter unfunny childish tosh

Mrs Brown's Boys - brilliant. The best comedy series in years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is already a lot funnier than the Christmas Eve episode :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good they are using more sets this series not just the standard three.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a massive MBB fan, I have to say I noticed the increase in the use of the F-word in Christmas Eve's episode and it did feel a tad excessive. It's funny enough with f-eck...no need to go overboard with the swearing.

This nativity is going to be hilarious!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't enjoy this episode as a Mrs Brown fanatic I thought this didn't work tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I didn't enjoy this episode as a Mrs Brown fanatic I thought this didn't work tonight.

I actually thought this was a lot stronger than the Christmas Eve episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I actually thought this was a lot stronger than the Christmas Eve episode.

Just felt the nativity didn't work just wasn't laughing like I would on a normal episode just was looking through it and thinking what is going on here, didn't find grandad being the baby funny.

I hope for me this is just a blip.
  • J_PeasmouldJ_Peasmould Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I think that too - lovely accent as well! :)

Must admit I didn't think much of tonight's episode!
  • kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christmas special last year wasn't great either, but the main series was brilliant, I thought tonight was better than the Christmas eve episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christmas special last year wasn't great either, but the main series was brilliant, I thought tonight was better than the Christmas eve episode.

I've already seen the trailer for Episode 1 and it looks great, so I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode tonight, it was not my favorite episode but their were some funny moments in the first half, second half could have been funnier thought.

I now have faith in series for 3, as I did lose faith after being ripped off by the Mrs Brown's Boys Live Tour DVD.:mad:
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    And if you listen carefully, the younger cast members like Buster, Dermot and Maria never use even the mildest of swear words, not even when they're angry or having a row, so the script is quite intelligent in that regard.

Buster used the S word during the nativity play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Got an interview for Oxford for a very competitive course... and I really like Mrs Brown's Boys :p
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I love Buster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buster used the S word during the nativity play.

He did indeed, but we never hear the "F" word or "fecking" from the younger characters
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor episode tonight.

The nativity stuff was awful and largely laughter free.

They could have made one good 45 minute episode from the two that have just aired. There wasn't enough quality for an hour.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The part where Grandad presses the button and the baby shoots out made me laugh :D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big improvement on Miranda but not as funny as last night's episode.