Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a lot of talk now she's performing with Macklemore and I LOVE Macklemore but I think it's going to be a risky performance and will either be fantastic or a complete train wreck. There's also talk of a Avicii working with her on the new album which I'm not too keen on as he's last years sound and I was hoping she would go in a different direction but it's all rumour at the moment
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    according to this, mary will be performing with billy joe armstrong. i had to laugh at the article where they referred to her as "the "superstar" singer".:D of all the songs including her grammy nominated work they could have mentioned, but they chose that one.:confused:

No, Miranda Lambert is performing with Billie Joe Armstrong. Different singer with same last name. I got confused at first too. Mary Lambert performs on the recording of the Macklemore song but now on the Grammy site there is no mention of her performing. I think maybe Madonna is taking her place. Miranda Lambert is a blonde country singer who's had quite a few hits. Mary Lambert is a less known singer songwriter from Seattle. She's a lesbian who grew up in a Christian household and wrote the chorus of the Same Love song. She has done spoken word and written some songs which people have compared to Adele and Tori Amos. She has red hair. Miranda and Mary are very different people it seems.
    In that article, maybe they meant Madonna is a superstar, i.e. super famous singer, not referencing the song Superstar from MDNA.
    I don't mind the grillz so much. It's funny how much it irritates people, it's just an accessory. People expect Madonna to wear something a little different so I don't think it will be a big deal if she wears them.
    I enjoy some of Avicii's music. He combines dance with other genres including country. It could be cool. But someone on a Madonna forum, said she is just doing one song with him for his album and not for her album. But any new music from Madonna is good news for me. I'm not so picky!
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I thought M and avicii was a dead cert for the new album following the success of the avicii mix of GGW. H is success in US and worldwide would be of very special interest to her Guy. A few tracks would be no bad thing as he seems to be able to work with many genres of music.

So the Grammy's attendance has been confirmed that she will perform?
    options -
    a. with daft punk; n rodgers
    b. katy perry
    c. beyonce and jay z
    d. macklemore - same love
    e. as a homage to everly brothers or lou reed

ooh could be an interesting night...I am amazed that it has remained so top secret
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the Grammys, a lot of times when they do these collaborations, they perform one of each person's songs. So no matter how she is singing with, I think there is a possibility they will also do part of a Madonna song. I think it would be silly to have her there and not do at least a part of one of her own songs. If she is performing with Macklemore, I can see them doing Don't Tell Me. That would be cool.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    No, Miranda Lambert is performing with Billie Joe Armstrong. Different singer with same last name. I got confused at first too. Mary Lambert performs on the recording of the Macklemore song but now on the Grammy site there is no mention of her performing. I think maybe Madonna is taking her place. Miranda Lambert is a blonde country singer who's had quite a few hits. Mary Lambert is a less known singer songwriter from Seattle. She's a lesbian who grew up in a Christian household and wrote the chorus of the Same Love song. She has done spoken word and written some songs which people have compared to Adele and Tori Amos. She has red hair. Miranda and Mary are very different people it seems.
    In that article, maybe they meant Madonna is a superstar, i.e. super famous singer, not referencing the song Superstar from MDNA.
    I don't mind the grillz so much. It's funny how much it irritates people, it's just an accessory. People expect Madonna to wear something a little different so I don't think it will be a big deal if she wears them.
    I enjoy some of Avicii's music. He combines dance with other genres including country. It could be cool. But someone on a Madonna forum, said she is just doing one song with him for his album and not for her album. But any new music from Madonna is good news for me. I'm not so picky!

whoops, my mistake, sorry.:blush:

yeah, it was just the way superstar was written with inverted commas that made me think they meant the song.:D

i too found the grills hilarious at first, they do look ridiculous though, but i guess that is the whole point really.:blush: hopefully, she will move on from them now though, because it would be nice have another fresh look from her for the next campaign.

i am not that fussed on avicii to be honest, but like you, i would always welcome new recordings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    according to "us weekly", she will be performing "same love" with macklemore & ryan lewis and more appropriately, they referred to her as the "material girl" this time.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current rumour is she is going to part of some mass wedding ceremony they are doing with all kinds of couples, young, old, black, white, gay, straight.
    Sounds cool and very epic! I want Madonna at my wedding!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been a massive TRUE BLUE album long weekend...felt the boost on Friday and have played it in my room the apst two days too....my gosh it has been a while since i have played it in full but i have a big(ger) love for it as an album and more respect for it as a cohesive piece of work...I mean i always loved the album i just plyed it far less than other M albums was all...but that vibe it puts you in is undeniable...i mean every Madonna album feels like an experience and a cinematic trip...True Blue does advocate that cinematic vibe beautifully...again echoing where she was to head in Like a Prayer and remaining its own cohesive piece...Madonna, Leonard and Bray on top notch production, vocals, lyrics...woah!

Would adore more a Leonard and Madonna reunion in future...hopefully with this performance tonight (this morning) she will be influenced musically...there ar epics of her and Oseary signing vinyls for charity ...would love to be in her head and know what she is thinking looking through them all...

but this performance looks set to be beautiful...had a discussion the other day with a friend and i would ADORE if she utilised her voice the way she did pre-ROL...that rawer tone and more kinda...spontaneous nature of her voice...i do miss that a lot in studio recordings...i love that she still does it live...but i have missed it...and i hope bringing the raw emotion out in this song (and hopefully a Madonna classic reqorked too) it will showcase Madonans range moreso too as well as style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Photo from dress rehearsal taken from earlier...looks cool ilike the fact it reminds of the Music era and the Terry Richardson "style" she sported meets LAV wedding....check it

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1620838_457514047682425_281867992_n.jpg

Refreshing to see her in white again and some colour :) this will be one interesting performance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALso yeah i too was/am surprised she has only performed in 1999 and 2006 for promotion of ROL and COADF.

Which in turn makes this all the more special that she is doing it without any album (as far as we know) promoting or single.

I know that LAV, True Blue and LAP have previously been snubbed by the grammys due to controversial attatchments to the respective albums and sonvs and material sadly...which meant they could not be nominated (and therefore win) Album of the Year/Record of the Year in 85, 87 and 90 which in turn meant she didn perform at these specific events nor attend them either which is a shame as i reckon she would have done incredibly if done so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Madonna on the red carpet. :D:D:D

I can't @ this bitch. Shameless. :D

It's why I love her, to be honest. :D
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek. Not digging the look. She doesn't look well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her look on the red carpet is INSANELY cool...like Erotica2014 styyle...epic!

and this pic...two of my faves

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1004964_676346349078004_193092894_n.jpg

i know Yoko is a fan of Ms but to have them both in the same pic...EPIC!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her look on the red carpet is INSANELY cool...like Erotica2014 styyle...epic!

and this pic...two of my faves

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1004964_676346349078004_193092894_n.jpg

i know Yoko is a fan of Ms but to have them both in the same pic...EPIC!

bless you josh, always looking for the positives and that picture is sweet.:) her red carpet moment was certainly memorable,:D the queen of irony strikes again.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Eek. Not digging the look. She doesn't look well!

Someone on Twitter called it 'The evolution of Michael Jackson in one photo'. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks great on the red carpet. I can't stay up to see the performance, because it's late. But what I wish for her is she has a great time. People are very judgmental about her, her looks, her voice, her performance. She's not doing a new single, so there's no pressure. i wish for once in her life she can go out there and have a great time and just be herself, and not worry about what everyone thinks. She's earned it. I know people will be critical, but I hope she enjoys the moment. It's not about her, it's about the joy of that more and more gay marriage is being embraced in the US. I wish people could embrace her and her talent like they do other icons. But for some reason, she always has to prove herself, prove she's earned her fame, prove her talent. It's really not fair. other artists don't have to prove themselves over and over like that. I wish her all the best. I'm sure she will bring it. like she always does. I just love her so much, and I hope this night will be beautiful for her without the usual negativity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    She looks great on the red carpet. I can't stay up to see the performance, because it's late. But what I wish for her is she has a great time. People are very judgmental about her, her looks, her voice, her performance. She's not doing a new single, so there's no pressure. i wish for once in her life she can go out there and have a great time and just be herself, and not worry about what everyone thinks. She's earned it. I know people will be critical, but I hope she enjoys the moment. It's not about her, it's about the joy of that more and more gay marriage is being embraced in the US. I wish people could embrace her and her talent like they do other icons. But for some reason, she always has to prove herself, prove she's earned her fame, prove her talent. It's really not fair. other artists don't have to prove themselves over and over like that. I wish her all the best. I'm sure she will bring it. like she always does. I just love her so much, and I hope this night will be beautiful for her without the usual negativity.

oh blimey, this post made me quite emotional actually.:cry: you are right of course, but unfortunately, negativity comes with the territory with madonna. she openly courts it and i had to laugh at her explanation for the grills. "It p***es everybody off when I wear my grill, so that's why I wear it.":D just like i thought and i honestly wouldn't want her any other way.:p

i think she did quite well vocally and the performance as a whole clearly moved the audience. inevitably, the knifes will be out tomorrow, but as a fan it will make no difference, nothing anyone can write could possibly ever change my feelings towards her.;-) she was up there tonight watching her tireless campaign for equality over the years becoming a reality and i was so pleased for her that she could be up there to witness that.:)

she's always been a huge inspiration to me and she is living proof that you don't have to be the best at what you do, but you do have to have believe what you do is worthwhile. i remember when she said in the "truth or dare" documentary, “I know I’m not the best singer, and I know I'm not the best dancer. But I’m not interested in that. I'm interested in pushing people’s buttons, in being provocative. In being political.” well she displayed all of that tonight in her attendance, but i have nothing other than respect for her staying true to those words all these years later.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDuADp7SbI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked that performance. She looked fine, her vocals were grand, it was a touching theme (a little cheesy, but weddings usually are) and was overall one of the highlights of the night. :)

Well done, Madge. :-)
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I really liked that, Madonna looked really nice, love the outfit, she was in fine voice.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the fact she is dressed as she is. Its Open Your Heart! ;) Unless you are of a certain age you probably don't make the connection.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the fact she is dressed as she is. Its Open Your Heart! ;) Unless you are of a certain age you probably don't make the connection.

She sang great and looked great. Nice to see her acting a lot more sensible than she has been doing of late
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know exactly what you mean, Mr Bell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know exactly what you mean, Mr Bell!

whoops, i got it completely wrong then.:blush: who's mr bell?:blush: i thought heus meant it was a homage to the video with madonna and the boy wearing matching suits.:D:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what a beautiful performance it is/was look forward to watchinv it on bigger TV...programmed tonights one..truly adored her rendition of Open Your Heart...her voice so warm and pure ...i have missed it...just beautiful the entire performance...adored Daft Punk too with Stevie Wonder...such a trip!

Also, convrats to RAM for winning album of the year....it was my eprsonal album of 2013 and so beyond ecstatic that it won the award! Just showcases the creativity in Dance music and artistry.

All the mroe reason why i would adore it if M hooked up with the Bots :). But alas i can dream...still dreams can be reality in time when it comes to Madonna...adored the look...as discussed with some friends B.Akerlund i think was behind the look...something i hope continues into the next album/era love the styles M had for Superbowl and then last year with Harpers...yeah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    whoops, i got it completely wrong then.:blush: who's mr bell?:blush: i thought heus meant it was a homage to the video with madonna and the boy wearing matching suits.:D:blush:

You are correct it is the homage to the OYH video. The Mr Bell refers to one of her lines in WTG film, I was trying to make a joke but I have confused you, sorry!

Re: the grammy performance, I thought M sounded really good but some people have deemed her terrible! Was I watching/listening to a different Madonna to everyone else?