Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    So, Steve Backshall. I was thinking to myself it's good to have someone different, and then remembered that the last few 'different' celebs have included that Widdecombe woman and Russell Bloody Grant...

So can we plot out every song for Steve? Eye of the Tiger, Walk on the Wild Side, The Bare Necessities...
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Can I refer you to the thread manifesto on page 1 of this thread (particularly the bit in bold):

* Basic T&Cs of this thread (which have no legal basis whatever)
    • Bring a sense of humour with you, and a bottle.
    Don't come on here for a whine about another thread please
    You can *just* about say anything on here, just be amusing.
    • You don't have to be drunk - just act like it.
    • If you think we are all horrible, try another thread.

I didn't say you guys here were horrible :confused::confused::confused:

Wth :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    So, Steve Backshall. I was thinking to myself it's good to have someone different, and then remembered that the last few 'different' celebs have included that Widdecombe woman and Russell Bloody Grant...

So can we plot out every song for Steve? Eye of the Tiger, Walk on the Wild Side, The Bare Necessities...

Wild Thing, Roar...

Eye of the Tiger will be a Paso and the producers will of course insist on dressing him as a tiger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I didn't say you guys here were horrible :confused::confused::confused:

Wth :confused::confused:

No one said that you did. We're just trying to point out that moaning about things that have happened on other threads is not what this thread is about or for, and before anyone accuses us of being hypocrites, yes, we have fallen into that trap before ourselves but we have been reprimanded by the mods and in some cases had stays in Bognor (not forgetting the time that the entire thread went to Bognor for a few days :blush: ) and as such, we make a concerted effort to stick to what this thread is for... unappreciating the contestants/producers/judges/hosts etc. No one is having a go at you, just trying to nip the situation in the bud before it gets out of hand.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Wild Thing, Roar...

Eye of the Tiger will be a Paso and the producers will of course insist on dressing him as a tiger

The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Crocodile Rock, Hungry Like The Wolf, Union of the Snake, Tiger Feet.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »
    The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Crocodile Rock, Hungry Like The Wolf, Union of the Snake, Tiger Feet.....

Cha Cha- Wild Thing
    Paso- Eye of the Tiger
    Tango- Hungry Like The Wolf (with Pasha's wolf costume recycled for the Halloween ep)
    Jive- Crocodile Rock or Tiger Feet
    Foxtrot- Bare Necessities or Roar
    Samba- The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    Argentine Tango- Walk On The Wild Side... no, the song doesn't fit an AT but when has that stopped the producers before? They have no idea what a proper AT looks like. Failing that, it could be a seedy/bizarre Rumba.

Never heard Union Of The Snake so don't know what dance that would fit.

Any more?
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Never heard Union Of The Snake so don't know what dance that would fit.

It's Duran Duran :blush: Not sure whether it would fit anything to be honest - might be able to shoe-horn a Tango to it...
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And many options for mountains or running too.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one said that you did. We're just trying to point out that moaning about things that have happened on other threads is not what this thread is about or for, and before anyone accuses us of being hypocrites, yes, we have fallen into that trap before ourselves but we have been reprimanded by the mods and in some cases had stays in Bognor (not forgetting the time that the entire thread went to Bognor for a few days :blush: ) and as such, we make a concerted effort to stick to what this thread is for... unappreciating the contestants/producers/judges/hosts etc. No one is having a go at you, just trying to nip the situation in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Okay :):):)
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I want to unappreciate that one of The Saturdays is in the line up.

I unappreciate their management and the media and anyone else who is involved in peddling these young women at every available opportunity.
    They aren't big stars, they aren't a 'band' and they aren't even remotely interesting.

I don't care how many times they have been on Alan Carr's show or how many of them have been stand in presenters on This Morning.

No one cares about them.

The only Saturdays anyone cares about are the ones that come after Fridays and before Sundays.

And don't get me started on Essex boy being a celebrity. >:(

And I used to watch Eastenders but when the character Max Branning joined the show, I stopped watching because I could not bear him.
    I hope I will be able to separate the character from the actor.
    I unappreciate having to try.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Is Steve Backshall confirmed? That is quite an interesting signing as he doesn't fall into the famous for being famous category. He does fall into the goady, snake-prodding category of wildlife presenters, though. And sometimes you're just on the side of the snake.

Simon from Blue? Boooorrrrriiiinggg! Did anyone anywhere actually like Blue?
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were big in Italy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People are saying it's between Aljaz and Brendan who gets Alison Hammond. It had better not be Aljaz as I need him to have a contender for maximum pervature to the end of the series. Brendan and Alison would be great together because they are bum twins.

Aljaz and Steve together could be fairly hot in a not-at-all-weird-and-pervy way.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    They were big in Italy.

Was it the pasta or the bread wot did it ?:p

(It was just too tempting )
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are saying it's between Aljaz and Brendan who gets Alison Hammond. It had better not be Aljaz as I need him to have a contender for maximum pervature to the end of the series. Brendan and Alison would be great together because they are bum twins.

Aljaz and Steve together could be fairly hot in a not-at-all-weird-and-pervy way.

Seriously with the way they put Christina with Colin I think she should be with Kevin.

Different dynamic I feel but, really you know BBC must not be sexist, we are due a small man big woman combination.

With her big bust dancing in close hold is always going to be a problem , with Kevin that is a problem solved, I am sure wardrobe could incorporate a straw function for breathing.

I think this is a thing that must happen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Seriously with the way they put Christina with Colin I think she should be with Kevin.

Different dynamic I feel but, really you know BBC must not be sexist, we are due a small man big woman combination.

With her big bust dancing in close hold is always going to be a problem , with Kevin that is a problem solved, I am sure wardrobe could incorporate a straw function for breathing.

I think this is a thing that must happen

People are saying that Kevin will get Sunetra. I hope not as I quite like Sunetra but feel compelled to hate anyone partnered with TTF. Of course, if Alison is partnered with TTF and smothers or squishes him she will be due the Glitterball filled with gold bullion.
  • Options
    spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unappreciating that it is someone called Steve Backshall doing Strictly and not Steve Backley, as I first thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve Backshall is quite interesting as a signing. He does 'proper' wildlife programmes as well as children's ones and is quite intrepid. He's done a lot of work tracking animals with conservation projects etc. I will be very surprised if he is a good dancer though. If he gets partnered with Karen they will be showing a lot that big cat hissing noise that she does.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    People are saying that Kevin will get Sunetra. I hope not as I quite like Sunetra but feel compelled to hate anyone partnered with TTF. Of course, if Alison is partnered with TTF and smothers or squishes him she will be due the Glitterball filled with gold bullion.

My feelings exactly ^^^^

Don't mind the Steve Backshall signing, didn't know his name, but do know his face having seen that Deadly animals thingy he does that's on on a Sunday afternoon sometimes during 'can't be bothered to move and I've got to go to work tomorrow so I'll just lounge here and watch mindless tv' time. Seems a nice bloke, but I'd imagine much dad dancing will be seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Early potential thread pet - Scott Mills?
  • Options
    spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, appreciating Scott Mills.
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Steve Backshall is quite interesting as a signing. He does 'proper' wildlife programmes as well as children's ones and is quite intrepid. He's done a lot of work tracking animals with conservation projects etc. I will be very surprised if he is a good dancer though. If he gets partnered with Karen they will be showing a lot that big cat hissing noise that she does.

Exactly. He's interesting as a signing because he's not one of the usual luvvies (and Judy could be interesting for the same reason, though she's been pushing hard over the last few Wimbledons for media work), though something about him does rather suggest dad dancing.

There will be much leopard print on his partner, won't there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. He's interesting as a signing because he's not one of the usual luvvies (and Judy could be interesting for the same reason, though she's been pushing hard over the last few Wimbledons for media work), though something about him does rather suggest dad dancing.

There will be much leopard print on his partner, won't there?

That'll be him paired with Iveta then :D
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spider9 wrote: »
    Ahh, appreciating Scott Mills.

At least there's one male celeb that won't need the stun gun to get him in the tanning booth - out of maybe! :D

Is it just me or - apart from the odd TOWIE abberation - is this shaping up to be quite a good bunch of folk?
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be him paired with Iveta then :D

She knew that Lion King outfit would come in handy again - it's why it's hung up in her wardrobe :cool:
This discussion has been closed.