Options

Was _______'s departure from great British bake off fair

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it was, he didnt serve anything.
  • Options
    Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member

Thank you for posting this. As so often happens, the editing was used to make more of this situation than actually happened.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue Perkins has tweeted saying it was only out for 40 seconds and it wouldn't have affected it. Shes got quite riled on twitter about the outrage of it all! There were 7 of the top 10 trends about it including one called Justice for Iain!

The three finalists from last year were all on Twitter last night talking about it.

Mary and Paul had no choice, I think they would have liked to have given him a second chance if he had kept the sponge so there was something to judge but it was his decision to put the whole thing in the bin. The only alternative would to not eliminate this week and a double elimination next week, that could have been done if it had not been his fault but it was his fault.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really think this is more than a simple mistake on both sides, much like the custard being pinched last year was a mistake too. I liked Diana before and still like her now I don't get the hate for her at all.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    The three finalists from last year were all on Twitter last night talking about it.

Mary and Paul had no choice, I think they would have liked to have given him a second chance if he had kept the sponge so there was something to judge but it was his decision to put the whole thing in the bin. The only alternative would to not eliminate this week and a double elimination next week, that could have been done if it had not been his fault but it was his fault.

Paul and Mary could have done anything they wanted to do including a double elimination next week, unless the director told them to do otherwise. If anyone's at fault it's the competitor who removed an Alaska from a freezer to replace it with their own regardless of who 'owned' the freezer or who owned the removed Alaska and it was compounded by it being left on the side.

Alaska's don't grow legs. Diana did the deed and Ian's reaction wasn't the best but it was understandable when he found his Alaska wasn't where he had left it.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Looked like crafty editing to make a controversy. That ice cream was never going to set.
  • Options
    AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    It was on the main discussion board last night. With Ian's name in the title of the thread. I don't go near the reality thread in case of spoilers. Yes I expect everyone not discuss programmes I've not watched of course I do! Get yer facts right before you fire off stupid posts at 3 in the morning

You are quite correct and I apologise. I didn't realise that his name had been shown on the title earlier. In future I will go to bed earlier and stop posting when I clearly needed sleep. :)
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    Looked like crafty editing to make a controversy. That ice cream was never going to set.

The trouble is shows like this dont need it.

All its done is make the show a bit of a farce. It controversy when its not needed.

Imo regardless of whether she left it out for 40secs or 40 mins is irrelevant. We will never know for sure exactly how long it was out. The same for the contestant. He probably looked at it and thought it had been taken out a lot sooner so binned it.

I think she was wrong for taking it out. They shouldve decided if it was worth editing it to make it look worse because each week she progresses just makes the show look a sham because she was the reason ian was eliminated.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Regardless of what happened his reaction was totally unacceptable, and he had nothing to show for. That's the reason why he departed, not because his ice cream did not set, and it was never going to set in the first place. Useless controversy. The show does not need it.

The real controversy for me is why didn't Martha win the star baker.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Regardless of what happened his reaction was totally unacceptable, and he had nothing to show for. That's the reason why he departed, not because his ice cream did not set, and it was never going to set in the first place. Useless controversy. The show does not need it.

Because her puddings in the first challenge were minging and welded one of the judges' mouths shut probably.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if I am allowed to post this as it has a spoiler but here goes:
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    AngelJean wrote: »
    You are quite correct and I apologise. I didn't realise that his name had been shown on the title earlier. In future I will go to bed earlier and stop posting when I clearly needed sleep. :)

That's OK I still enjoyed it, hope you did too!! :):)
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish I had not read the content of that link now.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Don't know if I am allowed to post this as it has a spoiler but here goes:

That was like the content of the link I just read.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member

you mean, nancy. :cool:
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No idea unless it's because Paul has something against peanut butter. ;-)
  • Options
    roth30roth30 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't put spoiler threads up!! I've not watched it.Totally wrecked it!

If you know the show had aired would it not be sensible to watch the show before coming into the reality tv thread so you would avoid spoilers. Rather than coming here first and moaning about spoilers.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Don't put spoiler threads up!! I've not watched it.Totally wrecked it!
    Sorry, but the show has already been broadcast even you haven't got around to watching it yet. Therefore it's not a spoiler. It's only a spoiler if it hasn't been broadcast.
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well after reading the spoiler re radio times all i can say is cryptically ,given what is written there they could have reinstated him to re establish the equilibriym
  • Options
    shinnyrshinnyr Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    shinnyr wrote: »

why do they both keep calling her diane... its DianA ...

i mean i know she ruined his baked alaska, life, and possible upset the balance of the universe, but really, call her by her proper name... >:(