Options

Anyone Else a Bit Scared of Adam?

13»

Comments

• Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    capekdeh wrote: »
    I've got a horrible feeling that he might turn into someone like Darnell. Nice in the beginning of the show and then nasty towards the end of the show.

Why would you think this? It's all down to personal taste I know as some continued to support Darnell and didn't think he became 'nasty'. I would be amazed if Adam became anything approaching nasty but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    WatchingBBAgainWatchingBBAgain Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find Adam scary at all. He's one of the most direct ones in there, so you always know where you stand. I'd be more afraid of people who seem to be plotting in their heads or who are fake nice, but really thinking about cutting you while you sleep. :P. Chris and Luke s would make me more uncomfortable.
  • Options
    WatchingBBAgainWatchingBBAgain Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhh, I must have missed pancakegate... I saw them making porridge?
  • Options
    cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all scary. I don't think he does anything to intimidate the others - quite the opposite.

He does seem to recieve some respect in the house, but that has been gained through his adult manner, I think. Certainly not through intimidation.

If anybody has been potentially scary it was Chris.

Regarding his attitude towards the women, I have seen nothing creepy about him at all. Compared to the younger boys he has been considerably more gentlemanly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    ThIs is a guy who talks about robbing people whilst smirking he is not even British so what is he doing in big brother it's like people from other countries going on BRITAINS got talent.he is a plastic gangster and a very nasty man the way he spoke to becky.becky to win
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Why would you think this? It's all down to personal taste I know as some continued to support Darnell and didn't think he became 'nasty'. I would be amazed if Adam became anything approaching nasty but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think based on indept h research and study of the two individuals the posters has come to this conclusion based on the fact that they are both black Americans who were born in Britain, therefore they must be the same.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

The OP is obviously looking for reasons to find Adam scary. :rolleyes:

Chris was far more aggressive in the house than Adam, I wonder if the OP finds him scarier than Adam?
    We get threads like this every year. The OP never has a proper reason to dislike the HM they moan about but hopes that someone will give a legitimate reason and they'll then use that as their reason for not liking the HM.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThIs is a guy who talks about robbing people whilst smirking he is not even British so what is he doing in big brother it's like people from other countries going on BRITAINS got talent.he is a plastic gangster and a very nasty man the way he spoke to becky.becky to win
    How dare they put non British people in the house. The likes of Sree, Nadia, Kinga, Rodrigo, Makosi, John James, Sara BB7 and Gerry should have been evicted the moment they showed up at the audition doors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    opal88 wrote: »
    I have to say I find Adam a bit scary.

Me too, I'm scared he's going to track me down and pop a cap in my ass.

:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allenasus wrote: »
    Thats not how I saw it I saw her ask if he was making a pile , I never heard her say can i have , she was asking how...
    he use this to put her down.. :mad:

She didn't have to say she wanted it, she couldn't take her eyes off the pancake and she was nearly salivating !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, this is a guy that did some crime to buy drugs for his habit. This is a guy that went to prison for his crime and paid his dues. This is a guy that has been out of prison and clean for 8 years. This is a guy that since that has been helping other young kids to turn their lives round too. As for talking to Becky, he simply said no, that's hardly being nasty, if she wants a pancake that badly then why didn't she get off her backside and make one instead of expecting others to wait on her ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam doesn't scare me. His past did scare me at first, but to me he seems like a really nice guy. Really calm and kind.

If I walked in on Benedict in the bath, I'd be scared. But Adam seems lovely.
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I find Adam a bit scary. I thought he was really cool at first - trying to turn his life around and all that - but I think we're gradually finding out exactly why he's having to turn his life round.

I certainly wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of him and I think he thinks most of the rest are a bunch of suckers and he's going to get his own way by subtle intimidation; so far I've seen him scare Arron to death about the lights, the strange episode of Lydia's feet and invading her personal space and then his 'demonstration' of boot camp discipline for the boys that was funny but odd. He's also started dripping poison about Becky.

He's keeping a lot under wraps - anyone else agree?

Are you serious?
  • Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like him. I don't generally like alpha male types as you would expect him to be but I would, from what we have seen in the shows so far, be very comfortable in his company.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmaaaa wrote: »
    Adam doesn't scare me. His past did scare me at first, but to me he seems like a really nice guy. Really calm and kind.

If I walked in on Benedict in the bath, I'd be scared. But Adam seems lovely.

Haha agreed. I'd be more scared of having a differing opinion to Benedict than meeting Adam.
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Why did he think he could touch her in the first place?
    The Big Brother house is a notoriously frisky place with mostly young, often attractive people with little to do for long periods. Massages, tickling, nudity, bumslapping and all round horseplay are common.

I've had female friends for years who I wouldn't dare to do things to/with that are common in BB within days. However, foot touching is not one of them. That seems to me to be more something where someone has to say that they're not happy with a friend doing playfully, rather than that being a given.

I think you're being a bit 'Marsellus Wallace' about it.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems the sort of bloke who would tell you how he feels in a not really aggressive way if you pee him off (i.e Arron) and will apologise if he thinks he's done wrong (Lydia.) He did do some bitching about the HM's and as far as I know, has never said anything to Becky about the way he feels, but all HM's seem to be bitching when talking noms (and even when not talking noms!) and they certainly don't go and tell the HM they're having a go about - so he can't be picked out for that alone.

Re the army thingy - he was going on about how strict etc it was - so when asked to show them a 30 second drill, to do it all feebly wouldn't have supported his point! If he had done it without them asking, then it would've been scary!

He did go down in my estimations a bit though as I thought he wouldn't get caught up in a bitching session, but still, guess when in there and convo runs dry, a good bitch passes the time!!!

I'm not as keen on him as I was, but I don't think he's scary and at the mo he's one of my more favoured HM's, although that could change as I tend to go off HM's a lot more often than get to like them more!
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha agreed. I'd be more scared of having a differing opinion to Benedict than meeting Adam.

Scared in a kind of ' he will totally creep me out of my skin, whilst boring me to death' way for me!!! I actually agree with a few things he says, but he irritates me so much, he kills subjects and is so up his own bum, I just want him to shut up!!!
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam is the most likeable HM, IMO. Although Luke A is also a nice person, Adam is forthright (yet gentle) about calling HMs out on their poor behaviour. Having experienced first-hand a broad cross-section of life he's in a good position to hand out words of wisdom to the HMs (most of which are too immature to take it onboard). He isn't scary in the slightest.
    Seymour wrote: »
    I quite like Adam , I think he is a bit like one of my old favourites ..Siavash....

Yes! :)
    dash234 wrote: »
    For BB:US, you have to pass a background check and they won't allow criminals.. With that said, there have been some HGs (they call them houseguests, not housemates) - who had been arrested before on low-level crimes like Janelle and her shoplifting.. and someone else had a driving under the influence (DUI)... They're misdemeanors with no jail time..

So it surprised me that BB:UK allows criminals who has spent time in jail -- to be in the house... I am not saying they're wrong for doing it, but it is just different.

About Adam.. He claims he was part of the CRIPS gang, which is one of the most violent, deadly gangs in the U.S... I am not sure if he is exaggerating his association with the CRIPS, but if he really was a part of that gang.. That's pretty disturbing.

In the US you are 'criminalized' for life. Once you've done time you're highly unlikely to be able to get a job, so you end up becoming a career criminal and wind up back in jail, which is exactly how the US wants it. America has by far the highest proportion of prisoners in the world and they are put to work making a wide range of consumer goods. Many, if not most, American prisons are privately owned businesses and penal labour (AKA slave labour) is a huge part of the economy. Because they are money-making enterprises it make 'good' business sense to incarcerate people, whereas in the UK prisoners cost the taxpayer money so we are encouraged to rehabilitate them. We don't tend to discriminate against non-violent ex-cons because most of them have genuinely learned their lessons, and we (the rest of society) don't want them to be locked up again.

With regards to gang culture, I suspect it's difficult to be a young man living in certain areas of LA without at least ostensibly joining a gang. That way you are at least protected by your own gang. To be unaffiliated would leave you open to attack from all the gangs. I'm not sure why you think he's exaggerating as he did end up in prison, right? He's not claiming to have been in a gang because he thinks it's 'cool', he's just explaining his past IMO. I guess it isn't enough to say to your fellow gang members that you're one of them, eventually you have to prove your loyalty and pay your dues, which is how you end up being a criminal. Incidentally, nearly 5% of African-American males are in prison (compared to 0.7% of white males). Yes, that's 1 in 20! My best guess is that Adam is just another victim of American racial inequality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP. I also think that there is something lurking inside Adam that we haven't seen yet. He looks like he is about to blow sometimes.
    If anyone is playing a strong game it's Adam, not Deana.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Arron was shitting bricks when Adam shouted at him over acting like a prick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally don't find him likeable, find him kind of annoying. The way I do Becky. I can't put my finger on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Scariest housemate ever was Spoiral. I wouldn't be surprised if he still lurks in Aisleigne's back garden with a pair of binoculars.

baaahahaha.. Spoiral! Actually laughing :D