Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,371
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who's looking forward to this? :D

Also, a question about a possible plothole. In S1, Dino (Rory's boyfriend is a chef, then in S2 he's a hairdresser, this is never explained, was this done just to fit into the stories, anyone reckon?

Comments

• ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this as well. I've seen some clips on the BBC's Youtube page and they were hilarious.

If I remember correctly, Dino is a hairdresser who was previously a chef (which is why he cooked a meal for Hilary, Maria's mum) in Series 1.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this. :D Double helping next week on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day before series 3 begins on New Year's Day!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One snippet of info for this series is that well known RTE presenters Derek Mooney and Joe Duffy have cameo roles in a couple of episodes :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for 15 minutes time. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Here we go :D
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, more of the same old tat.

What people see in this peurile rubbish is a mystery.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are the one watching it;)
  • robwillsmithrobwillsmith Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    If you don't like it. Don't watch. Simples.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode mainly building up to Boxing Day so probably best to look at it overall then.
  • LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cracking episode, although I wish the announcer would talk over the end credits
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. The best comedies can blend humour, sadness and sentimental moments to create a fully round show and I think it managed it tonight with the final scene, even if it was a bit cheesy!
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preferred the first part of this Christmas special to last years already. An excellent storyline with just the right amount of puerile humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why are you watching it then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it, especially Mrs Brown's ongoing battle with the snobbish Mrs Nicholson :D
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd imagine most people know what to expect from the show by now, why did you think it would suddenly change?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worst episode ever
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good laugh as always and something that we need with so many misery guts out there
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great and the ending was really sweet, looking forward to the Boxing Day episode which is the Nativity itself,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was genuinely moved by the end of the episode. Yes it was a little cheesy but the whole thing came together and was sweet and moving and it does mean something (at least I thought) if one has suffered a loss and particuarly recently.

Well done to all involved in that final scene!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never watched it before, but I thought it was great!
    It really made me laugh in parts; I'm looking forward to part two, and I'll have to catch up with the series' I've missed out on:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Winnie was great tonight. The conversation about Richard Branson was marvellous
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great stuff - plenty of fantastic belly laughs as usual.

It flagged a little at times and the ending, whilst sweet, lacked a big rude sledgehammer punchline gag that I was waiting for but which never arrived. But sets it up nicely for Boxing Day - hopefully the Beeb can properly trail that tomorrow and Boxing Day without making people think it's a repeat; the trailer for tonight included stuff from part 2 so I suspect that was the only trailer that will air for the festive two parter.

As it is plainly a genuine two parter rather than two separate stand alone festive episodes, I can't help thinking this should would have been better airing as a one hour episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alex_r_pc wrote: »
    I was genuinely moved by the end of the episode. Yes it was a little cheesy but the whole thing came together and was sweet and moving and it does mean something (at least I thought) if one has suffered a loss and particuarly recently.

Well done to all involved in that final scene!

Pretty sure that Christmas carol at the end was in Irish.....not often you hear the Irish language on UK TV :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff - plenty of fantastic belly laughs as usual.

It flagged a little at times and the ending, whilst sweet, lacked a big rude sledgehammer punchline gag that I was waiting for but which never arrived. .

Yes I was expecting Mrs Brown to tell the group at the bottom of the stairs to "**** off, you bunch of fecking eejits" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they have embraced the sentimental parts now. I remember in the first series when he did a 'sad' scene after Dermot walks out and when the audience went aww he said 'it's a man in a ****ing dress' to bring it back to humour but then the episode where Spartacus died had it's sad moment when Mrs Brown goes to get the lead and he didn't have a joke at the end he just faded it I like that