Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BB Always makes me laugh, its a pleasent change from some of the doom and gloom thats going on with the way this country is going down the pan ,we all need to be able to laugh at something and Mrs B is a tonic
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alex_r_pc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the song was at the end of Mrs Browns Boys yesterday? I really liked it

It sounds like A Spaceman Came travelling by Chris De Burgh,
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still laughing at Rory crawling out from underneath the zebra costume after Grandad farted! :D And I also thought it was funny when the inn keeper slapped the door in Agnes' face!

But Grandad being the baby between her legs wasn't funny, and I'm not particularly fond of the increase in use of the f word as opposed to the usual ****, but I still really enjoy this programme! I'm looking forward to the new series!
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the trouble with any successful comedy shows, is after a while, the material starts to get un-funny. as it is over done. the time to quit any long term comedy show. is when it reaches it's peak/. not like the royal family. and others that have been going for years, and have become boring and crap.
    end it whilst your ahead. and go out on a high..

royal family... shameless. and others should have gone long long ago... not they are just utter shit.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Headancer wrote: »
    What a bucket of complete ~~~~ this is ....... sorry.

I,m not a prude but did we have to have

F### this,

F### That or

F### the other....... ON CHRISTMAS EVE ?

I'm not a theologian but jeez this crap comes from one of the largest Chatholic country's in Europe..."hey guys its YOUR day"

I hasten to add and can actually swear with the best of us but what on earth was the point of having this dirge on, then going all sanctimonious and having Midnight Mass...!

Bizarre !

Its just isnt funny , i'm lost as to what the audience were howling at ..

A far cry from real humour AKA Blackadder.............

Yawn. . . . . :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Why do people moan and bitch because of a date of something broadcast and its content? Christmas Eve has zero to do with it! Its so childish.

You hear the warning before it goes out, contains strong language and ADULT humor.
    And he fact that over 8m watched it, says alot!
    Don't like then your fault for putting it on as, the rest of us loved it!

Personally, i loved the two Christmas episodes with only one wish and that being it was closer to the stage show that really has its balls out and made me laugh so hard i had pain in my ribs and stomach for 2 days after.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the trouble with any successful comedy shows, is after a while, the material starts to get un-funny. as it is over done.

That's true. This usually happens by the third series.
  • swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    We are big Mrs Brown fans in our family and we all thought the Christmas special episodes were poor, with last night being totally laugh free for me personally.
    Still looking forward to series 3 though :)
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the first half was hilarious but the second half wasnt great although parts of the Nativity were good. Did love how when the audience laughed at the I am a virgin line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am normally a fan of MBB's. I am used to Agnes's sledgehammer approach but this Christmas one went for the piledriver effect. Less is more in some cases and this was one of them. Disappointing. :(
  • CjwontvCjwontv Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I know comedy is very subjective, but I just don't get this show. I watched faulty, black adder, Miranda, Big Bang, outnumbered, royal family, Gavin and Stacey, league of gentleman etc and can the humour, but not with this.
    It's like a weak joke gets funny with f*** in it.
    My dogs got no nose - it smells f****ing awful
    The chicken crossed the road to get to the other f****ing side.
    If the comedy is in an old woman saying it, then it should be a single programme series as it quickly wears thin.
  • Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it was some lullaby called Hush a bye or Hush a boy baby.
  • Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like most on here, I think Mrs Brown was only ok this Christmas. The Nativity did not work. There was too much dropping the curtain etc in it. It would have worked out better if the Nativity was done in one take with the laughs thrown in. The one Emmerdale did was much better, was much funnier, Mary and Joseph getting told they should have booked accomodation online etc.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved last nights episode, was in stitches of laughter in many parts of it, everything from the babies & Mrs Brown getting fired from the cannon, right through to Buster getting a kicking & the whole mockery of that famous fairytale. :D

Maria had the voice of an angel tho, I so would. :D
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought last night's episode worked better than the one on Christmas eve - great lampooning of the Christian fairy story: loved the baby cannon and the angel getting knocked out and granddad's head attached to a doll's body between the virgin mary's legs. Not all of it worked but that's the nature of comedy.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought last night's episode worked better than the one on Christmas eve - great lampooning of the Christian fairy story: loved the baby cannon and the angel getting knocked out and granddad's head attached to a doll's body between the virgin mary's legs. Not all of it worked but that's the nature of comedy.

One of the funniest moments for me was the Virgin Mary (Agnes) repeatedly kicking the Angel (Buster) as he lay prostrate on the ground......not very Nativity like :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A record audience for last night's show btw : it was watched by 8.97m viewers, that's 200k up on the Christmas Eve episode :)
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Loved last nights episode, was in stitches of laughter in many parts of it, everything from the babies & Mrs Brown getting fired from the cannon, right through to Buster getting a kicking & the whole mockery of that famous fairytale. :D

Exactly - we were all in stitches in our house. It was laugh out loud stuff.

I didn't find one second of Miranda funny at all by contrast - perhaps it just tries too hard to be 'clever' - like the other 'cool' sitcoms it is ok to like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member

Considering I have now been introduced to this song, I'm saying the show was a success! Haha
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched both episodes and was fairly disappointed. Now I am a huge fan of MBB but both episodes were amusing but not laugh out loud funny, as the show usually is

As with others on here I thought the swearing was a wee bit excessive and in many cases unnecessary, and i can swear with the best of them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Just watched both episodes and was fairly disappointed. Now I am a huge fan of MBB but both episodes were amusing but not laugh out loud funny, as the show usually is

As with others on here I thought the swearing was a wee bit excessive and in many cases unnecessary, and i can swear with the best of them

Though the episodes were not that bad. They were by no means the funniest we've seen but were not the weakest either.....interestingly the shows seem to hit a peak during the regular series rather than the Christmas specials.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of moans about the excessive swearing, but I think you will find that the word used was mainly "bucking".

Good way to get around the censor, and actually not swearing at all..........especially with an Irish accent!

There were a few proper sweary words in there, but certainly not as many as people think.

Disappointed by the second episode, but still love the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RTE trailer for next week's episode looks hilarious : Mrs Brown enlists the services of a hypnotist but it predictably goes disastrously wrong :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasenine wrote: »
    Lots of moans about the excessive swearing, but I think you will find that the word used was mainly "bucking".

Good way to get around the censor, and actually not swearing at all..........especially with an Irish accent!

There were a few proper sweary words in there, but certainly not as many as people think.

I don't know, the f word kept coming up with the subtitles. Anyway, those saying the comedy is starting to run dry, I think S3 was originally thought to be it's last.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    phasenine wrote: »

I find the f word very offensive, I turn off modern films when every other word uttered is a four letter swear word. The odd thing is that I don't find it offensive in MBB, it makes the programme even funnier, maybe it's because the character reminds me of my late mother in law and I never ever heard her swear, not even a damn it. There are swear words and Mrs Brown swear words, they aren't the same, somehow.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The RTE trailer for next week's episode looks hilarious : Mrs Brown enlists the services of a hypnotist but it predictably goes disastrously wrong :D

BBC have put three clips up on YT.:D