Apologies if this has already been posted, but I've just watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-q3Un7ZcM

I can only say.... O...M...G... :eek::eek::eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I saw that on Saturday. still like her :)
  • Options
    south banksouth bank Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I've just watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-q3Un7ZcM

I can only say.... O...M...G... :eek::eek::eek:

Yes, I posted this link in the appreciation thread. Lauren has been through a lot and she should be very proud of herself. I hope she wins.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this posted in another thread. i suggest anyone wanting to know about Lauren's background give this a watch. I found it terribly sad that she was basically used by her parents as a means for them to be famous.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've seen this too - and there's so much in it to talk about, the relationships , the fake Phds and bought doctorates, their so called qualifications for counselling - and with the parents putting Lauren on tv at 10 faking having any knowledge of antiques, and ridiculed for his voice and looks, being called strange in the documentary too, and with the family being subjected to hooligans making fun of Lauren too, and throwing bricks through their windows
    ........no wonder Lauren says she's been through a lot and her background explains perhaps her lack of self-awareness. I can't believe too how much she's aged since that documentary too.

But i like her, and she seems happy, so that's the main thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    i've seen this too - and there's so much in it to talk about, the relationships , the fake Phds and bought doctorates, their so called qualifications for counselling - and with the parents putting Lauren on tv at 10 faking having any knowledge of antiques, and ridiculed for his voice and looks, being called strange in the documentary too, and with the family being subjected to hooligans making fun of Lauren too, and throwing bricks through their windows
    ........no wonder Lauren says she's been through a lot and her background explains perhaps her lack of self-awareness. I can't believe too how much she's aged since that documentary too.

But i like her, and she seems happy, so that's the main thing.

I pitied her too at the time of the documentary and also when she was on Big Brother's Big Mouth. But just went way off Lauren when she was on BBBOTS with Pete Burns.
    Between them they were down right nasty especially towards Aaron when he won.
    So far we haven't seen that side of Lauren, and I hope we don't. Perhaps she has learned to be a little kinder to other people since then.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I pitied her too at the time of the documentary and also when she was on Big Brother's Big Mouth. But just went way off Lauren when she was on BBBOTS with Pete Burns.
    So far we haven't seen that side of Lauren, and I hope we don't. Perhaps she has learned to be a little kinder to other people since then.

two thoughts have occurred to me regarding this don't know whether either hold water but....
    1. BOTS guests generally have to tow the line don't they? even iain lee had to....maybe it the was made clear these are the sort of comments we want and
    2. If Lauren has wanted to go on BB for so long, seeing loud obnoxious people get on it year after year maybe that was her way of getting on the show?

just random thoughts though....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    two thoughts have occurred to me regarding this don't know whether either hold water but....
    1. BOTS guests generally have to tow the line don't they? even iain lee had to....maybe it the was made clear these are the sort of comments we want and
    2. If Lauren has wanted to go on BB for so long, seeing loud obnoxious people get on it year after year maybe that was her way of getting on the show?

random thoughts or not you've certainly explain a few inconsistencies for me.
    thank you planets.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this out of curiosity, and thought Lauren came off quite well, certainly better than Keith Allen. The tone of the thing is very snide, but Lauren just seems like a very eccentric and confident person who's up for a laugh. Loved her on the rocking horse in the antiques shop going "Harder, harder!"
  • Options
    Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this and was appalled by the snide, aggressive tone of the charmless bully Keith Allen.

He is blatantly rude to a family that is eccentric and silly, certainly, but hardly the dangerous criminal fraudsters he acts like they are.

Despite saying he'll say what he thinks to their faces and won't make sarcastic comments in voice-over, that's exactly what he spends 95% of the programme doing, pontificating arrogantly about how pathetic it is to want to be on TV when he himself is on TV.

It's an odious, nasty 'documentary' that just shows Allen up for the aggressive creep he is.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not watching anything with that c*** Keith Allen in it.
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    I watched this and was appalled by the snide, aggressive tone of the charmless bully Keith Allen.

He is blatantly rude to a family that is eccentric and silly, certainly, but hardly the dangerous criminal fraudsters he acts like they are.

Regardless of what one may think of Keith Allen he's not wrong. They are criminals.

Lauren's father was convicted of insurance fraud for burning down his fancy dress shop. Their doctorates are not real ones and if they are truly practicing counsellors then it's unethical.

Certainly the fact that Lauren's mother was her counsellor (under an assumed name) that gave the recommended for her gender realignment is even more illegal and unethical. There's no getting around that being very dodgy territory.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this posted in another thread. i suggest anyone wanting to know about Lauren's background give this a watch. I found it terribly sad that she was basically used by her parents as a means for them to be famous.

I just said in another thread that I think there are 2 Laurens - the nice enough eccentric Lauren and the famous at any cost carcrash Lauren created by her parents.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Despite saying he'll say what he thinks to their faces and won't make sarcastic comments in voice-over, that's exactly what he spends 95% of the programme doing, pontificating arrogantly about how pathetic it is to want to be on TV when he himself is on TV.

It's an odious, nasty 'documentary' that just shows Allen up for the aggressive creep he is.

I last watched it when it was aired, but weren't they found to have been masquerading as 'counsellors', despite the fact the qualifications they had were ones they gave themselves? I would say that was pretty harmful if someone with serious issues went to them for help. And I think the father was also convicted of burning down his own shop for insurance purposes. Good luck living next door to him.

And that's leaving aside the disgraceful way they used their child (James/Lauren) to get fame and money for themselves by pretending to be an antiques expert.

Harmless eccentrics they are not, and Keith Allen was right (indeed, morally obliged) to point that out for everyone to see.

edit: beaten to it!
  • Options
    biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THIS is the video impression of Lauren that is indelibly printed on my mind. Lauren versus the divine and very intelligent David Hoyle. 2008

http://www.youtube.com/user/StarsUnplugged
  • Options
    KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member

Agree, they lived next to a council estate and were getting bricks through the window all the time, and ongoing abuse about Lauren being a '****ing trannie'. Allen seemed to think they were fair game, for daring to be different, as if they were almost teasing the locals, then bricks through your window is what you're gonna get. An total cock of a man.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allen seemed to think they were fair game, for daring to be different, as if they were almost teasing the locals, then bricks through your window is what you're gonna get. An total cock of a man.

Never gets old...

Keith Allen showing his true colours on The Late Show.
  • Options
    KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Jesus, what age is he, 14 ?. ''You're dead, you're dead, you're all dead''. Fantastically articulate argument there, Keith
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    Regardless of what one may think of Keith Allen he's not wrong. They are criminals.

Lauren's father was convicted of insurance fraud for burning down his fancy dress shop. Their doctorates are not real ones and if they are truly practicing counsellors then it's unethical.

Certainly the fact that Lauren's mother was her counsellor (under an assumed name) that gave the recommended for her gender realignment is even more illegal and unethical. There's no getting around that being very dodgy territory.
    Agree with all you've put.

Yes Lauren's family used her, but I feel that she is now complicit in the whole business. She also has fake certificates, she willingly participates in and encourages the search for fame at any cost and in what appears to be fleecing members of the public with all their fake credentials.

She's old enough to be able to escape the whole business, but chooses instead to remain involved, as do her brothers.

It is sad to see her saying she has no friends, but whether that's down to the fact that she has a massive ego and is rather unlikeable (in my humble personal opinion) or whether her continued allegiance to her family excludes such relationships, who knows.

I feel sorry for her and yet dislike her at the same time.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member

even if Bots guests have to tow the line

there is no excuse for other interviews she has done

I still remember the very serious interview on This Morning about very young transgender kids spoiled by her actions at the end that totally negated the discussion

Im sick of the excuse of towing the Bots line, Lauren has watched enough BB to know that being unusual and not rocking the boat gets you far in the BB house
    If she acted in the house the way I have seen her on other programmes not many people would find her so sweet and innocent

I get it that she looks and acts like a good HM in the house right now but IMO she is not acting as I have seen her in the past
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren's parents have a lot to answer for... They have made her who she is and in all honesty I pity her more than anything..because they have deliberately made her a person to be mocked to gain fame through her.
    As for her family and their fake doctorates not being criminals... They most certainly are.to council people you need to be qualified as you could do more damage than good
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, I'd pay to watch 'Lauren's School of Hairdressing' on TV--she gave snake-lips Danielle her only 'best bit' and her Vicky-do was hilarious! Enjoying Lauren, probably for the wrong reasons--eg her amazing wardrobe.Bless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    The whole family are self absorbed..... Lauren's sex change was probably suggested by her parents as a way of garnering a few more hours in the limelight.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet it's Lauren who's still trying for fame, and her parents remain virtual unknowns.

I'm not sure guests have to toe a line, but they might not be invited again if they say something that goes too far in a direction BB doesn't like. However, plenty of guests who weren't as irritating and unpleasant as Lauren have been invited back.

Besides, no one has to go on BOTS at all. Anyone with integrity would not go on a show that required guests to toe a line.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Yet it's Lauren who's still trying for fame, and her parents remain virtual unknowns.

I think the parents gave up trying to get famous themselves back when they decided to market Lauren as an antiques expert when she was a child. My guess is that they're motivated by money rather than fame, but see a famous child as a goldmine. One thing, though - in Lauren's little known 'Nine to Five' show (shown on an obscure channel) there was a reference at the start of each episode to 'Lauren and her crazy family', so there's no doubt that the mother, at least, still harbours thoughts of becoming a 'name'. You see this also in the Keith Allen documentary, in which she brags about the tabloids having her number because they know 'there will always be a story about us'.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

Where is Pete Burns - I liked him as a guest on BBBOTS - is he banned or something ? he was good telly, and liked him on CBB !