Options

Scary Dream

clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
Forum Member
This has happened a few times most recently yesterday, I am asleep alone and then I feel somebody next to me in bed which obviously freaks me out but I can only pull myself to the edge of the bed then I fall off and then I am awake in bed as normal.
Does anybody know what this is, why it happens?

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You many have eaten too much cheese
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    This has happened a few times most recently yesterday, I am asleep alone and then I feel somebody next to me in bed which obviously freaks me out but I can only pull myself to the edge of the bed then I fall off and then I am awake in bed as normal.
    See thread title.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe someone is playing a trick on you? :o
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably to do with a change in the humidity of your room and that when you are sleeping your muscles are too relaxed to summon the strength to move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think it was sleep paralysis it was certainly different to a regular dream.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You many have eaten too much cheese

Old wives tale I'm afraid, one lifted straight out of Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol'. People like to have a glass of warm milk before bed, which is basically the same chemical make-up as cheese (in so much as they're both extremely rich in the casein protein), yet that is believed to be an aid to sleeping and gives no negative effects.
  • Options
    deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does sound a lot like sleep paralysis.

I had an episode (if that's the right terminology) a few years back. Scary shit.
    In mine, it was a dream within a dream; I was dreaming that I couldn't move at all. I was just lay on my front and just unable to move... so that 'woke' me up. But as I woke up, I felt as though something was then holding me down, physically pushing me into the mattress and then the scary part, as I tried to turn my head to look, I saw a 'man's' face but it was kind of melted and he then did a sinister snigger right down my earhole!! 😫
    That's when I actually woke up. Never had anything like it before. It was horrible. I can still 'hear' the laugh now in memory.

I think I mentioned it previously in that "creepy things that have happened to you" thread that's knocking about. Other people have experienced similar situations it turns out. Actual stuff of nightmares. 😧
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    Does sound a lot like sleep paralysis.

I had an episode (if that's the right terminology) a few years back. Scary shit.
    In mine, it was a dream within a dream; I was dreaming that I couldn't move at all. I was just lay on my front and just unable to move... so that 'woke' me up. But as I woke up, I felt as though something was then holding me down, physically pushing me into the mattress and then the scary part, as I tried to turn my head to look, I saw a 'man's' face but it was kind of melted and he then did a sinister snigger right down my earhole!! 😫
    That's when I actually woke up. Never had anything like it before. It was horrible. I can still 'hear' the laugh now in memory.

I think I mentioned it previously in that "creepy things that have happened to you" thread that's knocking about. Other people have experienced similar situations it turns out. Actual stuff of nightmares. 😧

I was gonna say, you should post that in the 'macabre' thread! :o
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Succubus and incubus.
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had faces coming up to me whilst trying to sleep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have weird dreams all the time. That's just what they are, dreams.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    I have had faces coming up to me whilst trying to sleep.

You were on the train and the faces were other passengers.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it was sleep paralysis it was certainly different to a regular dream.

Nah, with sleep paralysis you cannot move an inch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Nah, with sleep paralysis you cannot move an inch.

Thats the thing I didn't move it was almost like an out of body experience I thought i was awake and fell out of bed but then I woke up and was in the middle of bed as normal.
    The other weird thing is the "presence" is often somebody I know (still living)