Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. Sounds harrowing
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Wow. :o

Dean is really popular so this is gonna be shocking for some people to watch. Great awareness though.

Although i do wish this would have been kept a secret!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knew it was going that way. Great story
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean could be on his way out then, depending on how long it takes for him to get caught.
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    This is gonna have MASSIVE reprecussions on the family.

Also, i hope Linda tells somebody about this and that its Dean :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Wasn't expecting it to go this far, this'll should be done well. I really like Linda, Kellie Bright's a good enough actress to pull this off.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the kind of storyline that EastEnders has excelled at in the past but poor Linda. Shirley as well will be interesting
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Oh dear once again EE mixes rape with attraction which is very rarely the case its usually about control.

If they were determinded to be a rape storyline they should have had Dot as the victim. Its one of the least talked about and least reported types of rape. Elderly woman suffer in silence over this taboo and EE for some reason wont touch it. In our society we don't talk about it.
    Sorry but once again EE makes adult rape about a "dark" attraction which rape isn't about. Date rape different. Oh well doesn't surprise me that the writers don't get it.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this... a real gritty story in my eyes.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh :(

This is something a happy clappy karaoke family meal get together dressup day might not fix.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well iits certainly going to be dramatic and gritty. :( Poor Linda.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean could be on his way out then, depending on how long it takes for him to get caught.

He's on a year contract at mo
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Not surprised. Poor Linda.. I guess Dean will leave eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    He's on a year contract at mo

Yes, it struck me as odd, given that Dean will obviously have to be present at the big Shirley reveal at Xmas when its revealed hes Mick's brother. How will this happen if hes raped Linda? She wont want him within a million mile radius of her??
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Sez Baby will be inconsolable:o

To be honest, I was prepared.

Wow. Erm, well what does Shirley take his side on? Something else must happen before that.

I'm really confused yet intrigued with how they are writing Dean. Is he going to be written as messed up due to his time in prison? I can't see how the viewers will be made to feel sorry for him when he does such an awful thing.

I don't know what to think........
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it.

It's this kind of drama that EastEnders shows its strength and I know Kellie Bright will knock it out the park.

Gritty drama has been missing from EE for a while now and while DTC has improved the show, it's not unmissable television - yet.

I am hopeful about this storyline. :)
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear once again EE mixes rape with attraction which is very rarely the case its usually about control.

If they were determinded to be a rape storyline they should have had Dot as the victim. Its one of the least talked about and least reported types of rape. Elderly woman suffer in silence over this taboo and EE for some reason wont touch it. In our society we don't talk about it.
    Sorry but once again EE makes adult rape about a "dark" attraction which rape isn't about. Date rape different. Oh well doesn't surprise me that the writers don't get it.

I see your point AP but no, giving Dot that story would be a step too far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Linda said she wanted a baby with Mick at the start of the year so I hope this doesn't result in yet another pregnancy.
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds really harrowing and brave... About Time!!

I just hope they dont go down the route of her not revealing her attacker for weeks.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    To be honest, I was prepared.

Wow. Erm, well what does Shirley take his side on? Something else must happen before that.

I'm really confused yet intrigued with how they are writing Dean. Is he going to be written as messed up due to his time in prison? I can't see how the viewers will be made to feel sorry for him when he does such an awful thing.

I don't know what to think........

I can't see the actor staying on the show long term. Once the reveal is done, he'll be soon gone. They won't have a rapist walking around the square.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »

"bosses hope the storyline will raise awareness about the issue of rape within a family unit"

Yup- because Eastenders hasnt done THAT before has it??

Sorry I can think of a handful of inter- family rapes that have already taken place in EE history.

So much for "we wont recycle greatest hits".
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Dean is really rather unhinged isn't he. I wasn't expecting it to go that far, so I guess it means another eventual stop in the slammer for old Deano. Poor Shirley. Poor, poor Linda :(