Options

I-pod Shuffle or Creative Zen Stone

I do like my apple products. I currently have an emac and an 30g I-pod video.

I want a small player to take to the gym as I don't want to risk damaging my I-Pod video. So I'm deciding between the I-pod Shuffle and Creative Zen Stone.

I like the idea of hooking the shuffle upto I-tunes on the mac and the clip is a nice addition but the stone is a lot cheaper! Can you drag and drop to the stone or do I have to use PC software to transfer the tunes?

I just can't decide!

Anyone ever purchased both and could possibly give me some advice?! Are there any good ways of attching the stone like with a clip or anything similar?

If this had been discused alread could some one point me in the right direction as I search and couldn't find anything!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can drag and drop MP3s and WMAs to Creative Zen products, but if you're using iTunes your tunes will be most likely be in apples own wierd "shot themselves in the foot" .m4p format (can you tell I'm not a big fan of iTunes? :)).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    You can drag and drop MP3s and WMAs to Creative Zen products, but if you're using iTunes your tunes will be most likely be in apples own wierd "shot themselves in the foot" .m4p format (can you tell I'm not a big fan of iTunes? :)).

Lol :)

All my tunes are Mp3!! So I should be able to drag an drop em from the I-tunes folder? Wonder if the mac will recogonise the Zen though? Probably not :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    apples own wierd "shot themselves in the foot" .m4p format

Songs purchased from the iTunes store will be in .m4p (protected) format but by default CD's ripped in iTunes will be .m4a (unprotected) which can be changed to rip to mp3 if you prefer.

I use a shuffle for the gym and would highly recommend it (light, portable, takes a bashing!) although I haven't used the Zen Stone. If your music is already in iTunes it seems to make sense to me to spend the extra for ease of use - it will soon become tedious navigating folders so you can drag & drop onto your Stone

And no the Stone doesn't support OS X
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bwoodhouse wrote: »
    Songs purchased from the iTunes store will be in .m4p (protected) format but by default CD's ripped in iTunes will be .m4a (unprotected) which can be changed to rip to mp3 if you prefer.

I use a shuffle for the gym and would highly recommend it (light, portable, takes a bashing!) although I haven't used the Zen Stone. If your music is already in iTunes it seems to make sense to me to spend the extra for ease of use - it will soon become tedious navigating folders so you can drag & drop onto your Stone

And no the Stone doesn't support OS X

Well that kind decided it then! Are you sure OSX wont recognise it as a drive? If not Shuffle it is! :cool:
  • Options
    TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jbauerctu wrote: »
    I do like my apple products. I currently have an emac and an 30g I-pod video.

I want a small player to take to the gym as I don't want to risk damaging my I-Pod video. So I'm deciding between the I-pod Shuffle and Creative Zen Stone.

I like the idea of hooking the shuffle upto I-tunes on the mac and the clip is a nice addition but the stone is a lot cheaper! Can you drag and drop to the stone or do I have to use PC software to transfer the tunes?

I just can't decide!

Anyone ever purchased both and could possibly give me some advice?! Are there any good ways of attching the stone like with a clip or anything similar?

If this had been discused alread could some one point me in the right direction as I search and couldn't find anything!

I think you've already decided for yourself without realising. you said "I like my Apple products and you already have a Video iPod. So it makes sense for you to go for the shuffle, which I can highly recommend. It's ideal for the Gym, just put on 240 of your favourite choons and get Working Out. :)

I haven't seen or heard of this Creative Zen Stone so can't possibly comment. I say you should get a Shuffle. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TomDaOne wrote: »
    I think you've already decided for yourself without realising. you said "I like my Apple products and you already have a Video iPod. So it makes sense for you to go for the shuffle, which I can highly recommend. It's ideal for the Gym, just put on 240 of your favourite choons and get Working Out. :)

I haven't seen or heard of this Creative Zen Stone so can't possibly comment. I say you should get a Shuffle. :D

Agreed!! I'll just spend a tad more and get the shuffle!! :)

I think I'll treat myself to some Sennheiser cx300s aswell! I headphones supplied are terrible! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    It was the clip that swayed it for me, the stone just has armbands and the like.