3G Iphone

1919293949597»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of buying the 3G iPhone - is it worth the money? Your recommendations? Thoughts/review? Is it better than the Blackberry Storm?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never used a Storm. The one thing that does let the Storm down is the lack of Wi-Fi. I know the Storm has had a few negative reviews.

I am very happy with my iPhone and I haven't found a consumer device that beats it. For business then something like Blackberry Bold or Curve beats the iPhone, but for consumer stuff like the iPod and browsing the web and fun applications, the Blackberry can't compete. The Storm has tried to bridge that gap, but I am under the impression that it still hasn't caught up with the iPhone yet.
  • dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the iPhone over the Blackberry. I also agree, I could never go back to a 'normal' phone after using this! It's an incredible gadget.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying the 3G iPhone - is it worth the money? Your recommendations? Thoughts/review? Is it better than the Blackberry Storm?

IMO, yes it's definitely worth it (& I'm no Apple fanboy).

Have a read of this thread - lots of opinions on it

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=991550
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK given the dodgy Bluetooth on the iPhone (will it ever work ???) Ive been thinking about some wireless speakers for my iPhone, for the beach etc. Are there any proven bluetooth/wireless portable speakers that work with the iPhone?

I'd love to have a set of these for the beach in the summer!.... :)

Shame i haven't got a SE mobile. :(
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    Is there any way to use the Numeric keypad for texting etc.. Jailbroken if needed.
    I cant type pretty fast in general on the qwerty keyboard but would like the option to change and try it. When you go get the numeric keypad up there are letters underneeth each number like a phone keypad.
  • jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPhone 3.0 Software Special even on Tuesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    does anyone know if apple give a student discount when buying an iPhone?
  • jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will_86 wrote: »
    does anyone know if apple give a student discount when buying an iPhone?

Nope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how to send an email using 3g etc. I can only get mine to send emails via wifi although I receive them through 3g.
    It wasn't a big problem because at work I could piggyback someone nearbys wireless network but they've either moved house or secured their network now!