True Blood Season 5 - Monday 10pm FXUK Pace - No Spoilers!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Pam's lines get better each week. Eric and Bill "Butch and Sundance" nice analogy, but really dont think Pam/Tara is going to work.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Bezmina wrote: »
    Wow, loved the look back to Pam's beginnings as a vamp, she's always been nails then. The kid vampire in the Authority was a bit Being Human wasn't it?
    Pam's going to have to take Tara under her wing now as her maker, I guess that'll be Tara's new bar job sorted, Pam will need an extra pair of hands with Eric gone Russell hunting.
    I loved that Bill and Eric didn't let each other down, digging the Butch and Sundance vibe.
    Pam [1905] back story was very good.

Tara is adjust to being a Vampire, very well....:eek:
    Loving were Bill and Eric are being held, and pleased Nora is still around.
    Jason punched....what was that all about.
    And Terry....where's that all going, with the flashbacks.

And Russell Back.....:eek:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I should probably rewatch Season 5, I know I loved the premiere and the second episode had some moments as well.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bezmina wrote: »
    The kid vampire in the Authority was a bit Being Human wasn't it?
    Child vampires have long been a trope of the genre. Used to great effect in Ultraviolet, for example.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a stong 2nd episode. It was nice to finally see Pam's backstory and how she met Eric, now we know. I imagine we'll see more of it over the course of the season, how she was eventually turned and her and Eric's relationship.

I've never been a huge fan of Tara but i actually found her interesting trying to adjust to life as a vampire. Lets just say she's not taking it very well! I think Pam will have a huge task on her hands trying to control Tara but it could make for quite an intriguing partnership.

We also finally saw who The Authority is and that's Christopher Melloni from Law and Order: SVU. He looks like a guy you really don't wanna mess with, pretty badass. Also loved seeing Russell Edgington at the very end, he looks properly f*cked up! :D Can't wait for his full return! Jason getting smacked in the face and caught sleeping with the kids mum was another particular highlight! :D

However my favourite thing about this episode was the introduction of the character Dieter Braun. I don't know if it's the character or actor but he knocked it out of the park! I thought the way he acted that part was phenomenal! His scene when interrogating Bill and discussing the vampire Bible and what side Bill was on was my favourite moment, just an absolute brilliant scene. He totally killed it! I hope we see more of him.
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched S5 and loved it, that's all.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen all previous TBs and have enjoyed them. Must say I'm finding this new season really slow... can't believe that 3 episodes have been wasted with Bill and Eric doing eff all aside from being banged up in that tedious prisony place?! The plot development thus far could easily have been boxed off in 30 mins; it now feels like a waning soap to me with makers (the real ones!) eeking out some very plain/simple ideas into a whole series of content. I'll stick with it for a bit but I reckon show's heading to that place where it's only watched by rabid obsessives who'd watch it for all eternity no matter how shite it becomes.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe some of you guys know this already, but for those that dont, you can streams season 5 episodes (not download - stream!) from couchtuner tv source - the whole season is uploaded, enjoy, for those of us with the basic tv package!;)
    Forum Member
    Pam has a heart....but it took her dreams of 1904/5, to find it.

Great episode this week {just got round to watching it}, but Tara, still having trouble being a Vampire.
    Jess...:p...what was that all about, in the shop, and chasing that guy.

And the App for Eric and Bill, if they don't/try to, find Russell.:eek:
    But agree, too long getting to this point.
    Is Nora still around....:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    Must say I'm finding this new season really slow...
    I thought it was fast-paced. We have a lot of plot-lines on the boil. Tara being a vampire, the investigation into Debbie's murder, Steve Newlin being a vampire, Pam's backstory, Jason up to his usual, Terry Bellefleur and his military chums, Andy Bellefleur and his new girlfriend, Russell Edgington. Through Bill and Eric we've learned a lot about the Authority. It seems Nora was, in fact, a Sanguinista, and may have helped Bill and Eric because she thought they were too, rather than for love of Eric. I wouldn't be surprised if Salome was one too.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    maybe some of you guys know this already, but for those that dont, you can streams season 5 episodes (not download - stream!) from couchtuner tv source - the whole season is uploaded, enjoy, for those of us with the basic tv package!;)

Well, you can watch the first two eps of season 5, but then you get problems:mad:

Im now really frustrated!

The pacing is gr8 imo for this series in the first two eps at least. Glad its getting more Pam-centric.

Imo Tara will get a new lease of life with her transformation. I've always liked the character's gutsiness, but felt she had too many traumatic storylines heaped on her.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Pam has a heart....but it took her dreams of 1904/5, to find it.

Great episode this week {just got round to watching it}, but Tara, still having trouble being a Vampire.

And the App for Eric and Bill, if they don't/try to, find Russell.:eek:
    But agree, too long getting to this point.
    Is Nora still around....:(

I think he's a fairy. He said he had 16 sisters and doesn't Sookie smell good to Bill and Eric? Just a thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    The scene between Pam and Eric...beautiful. Highlights the difference between Eric and his child (he chose Pam), and Pam and hers (Tara was forced upon her).
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    The scene with Eric & Pam on the basement stairs quite upset me, it was very sad :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene with Eric & Pam on the basement stairs quite upset me, it was very sad :cry:

Yeah I thought so too! Poor Pam :(
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene between Pam and Eric...beautiful. Highlights the difference between Eric and his child (he chose Pam), and Pam and hers (Tara was forced upon her).

Didn't really choose Pam - she didn't give him much choice! I do think that their relationship is lovely though, I think the Pam and Tara partnership will be really entertaining.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was better this week than last week. Bored by the Terry Bellefleur story though. and the Sam one. Seems to always be the same with True Blood though, too many sub stories within it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    Thought it was better this week than last week. Bored by the Terry Bellefleur story though. and the Sam one. Seems to always be the same with True Blood though, too many sub stories within it.

Me too, I actually forwarded through that part!
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I think the Pam and Tara partnership will be really entertaining.

Having seen season 5 I can promise it will be. It's a fabulous decision by the writers.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In some scenes you can tell that Anna Paquin is trying to hide her bump (I assume the scenes must have been shot out of order). Did anyone spot the continuity error last night - when she walked up to her drinks cabinet she was clutching her coat against her stomach, but when the camera angle changed to behind her the coat had disappeared! I hardly ever spot stuff like that but I love it when I do :o
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Terry is a lovely character but sadly, he's not a strong enough one to carry a fairly big storyline and this plot of his with Patrick is dull to watch.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Terry is a lovely character but sadly, he's not a strong enough one to carry a fairly big storyline and this plot of his with Patrick is dull to watch.
    Not the best plot line they've had on TB...

Loved the Fairy Club this week and Sookie's update on all that's going on in her life too Jason....But I'm concerned for Nora.

Plus Lafayette, needs to take control of his demon.:eek:

The Kid deserved it....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    That guy was Barry the Bellhop. We first saw him in series 2, when Sookie was in a hotel finding out about Godric. She realised he was the same as her, and could read thoughts. He ran away from her because he didn't want the vampires to know he could do it. At that time we didn't know about fairies, and it seemed he knew more than Sookie did.

We now know that fairy blood is delicious. Apparently Jessica could smell Barry's. Which is hard to reconcile with the other vampires not realising Barry was a fairy.
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    That guy was Barry the Bellhop. We first saw him in series 2, when Sookie was in a hotel finding out about Godric. She realised he was the same as her, and could read thoughts. He ran away from her because he didn't want the vampires to know he could do it. At that time we didn't know about fairies, and it seemed he knew more than Sookie did.

We now know that fairy blood is delicious. Apparently Jessica could smell Barry's. Which is hard to reconcile with the other vampires not realising Barry was a fairy.
    Thanks brangdon.
  • nokes22nokes22 Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I thought episode 5 was fantastic this season! :-)