Options

Humax: Remote record

Does anyone know if there are plans for the existing or new Humax boxes to feature remote record? It must be fairly easy to implement for an internet connected box.

It's the only feature I really miss from my Sky+ box - is especially easy to use with the various iPhone/Nokia/Android tv apps.

On another thread people were discussing locating stolen boxes - this could go be implemented hand in hand with the remote record option.

I've tried asking Humax via Twitter and email but received no response.

Comments

• Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patrick0 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are plans for the existing or new Humax boxes to feature remote record? It must be fairly easy to implement for an internet connected box.

It's the only feature I really miss from my Sky+ box - is especially easy to use with the various iPhone/Nokia/Android tv apps.

On another thread people were discussing locating stolen boxes - this could go be implemented hand in hand with the remote record option.

I've tried asking Humax via Twitter and email but received no response.

There is a thread on requested features somewhere in this forum. I think from memory it was a possible feature for the next generation. The problem to overcome was the internet port is not powered in standby and would need to wake up periodically to check-in .[Bob_Cat indicated that this would not need to be very often according to industry research] .
  • Options
    Dan the VanDan the Van Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the only feature I really miss from my Sky+ box
    Sky+ boxes receive the remote record requests via satellite

Dan.