Brooklyn Beckham Gets Job in Coffee Shop.

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is about getting him out and about mixing with the common folk then I agree that voluntary work would have been the best option and then someone who needs this job could have got it.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He might want independence.

independence on £2.80 a hour ? ? i don't think so . and he can only work 16 hours a week.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    If this is about getting him out and about mixing with the common folk then I agree that voluntary work would have been the best option and then someone who needs this job could have got it.

So then people can complain that he's living off his parents and not contributing anything.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him and good for his parents allowing and supporting him.

Not even going to acknowledge the negativity as I'm sure his family and friends are proud of him........and that is all that matters imho.
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    and you know this how? Both of them didn't exactly come from a lot of money. So i could see them not spoiling their children.

In the old days Victoria used to brag that she was driven to school in a Rolls Royce?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I think it's very important for teenagers to understand the value of money, but I would be concerned for his safety working in this kind of environment. Will they have a security guard on standby in case something happens? The idea of his path being cleared by a burly security guard while he delivers cappuccinos makes the whole thing sound rather silly.

I was under the impression that he was signed to a football club, surely that experience is teaching him that the only way to achieve is through hard work and persistence?
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Would you rather he lived off mummy and daddy's millions for the rest of his life?

Yeah? The job can go to someone who actually needs the money.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »
    In the old days Victoria used to brag that she was driven to school in a Rolls Royce?

Meh. Still nothing compared to what they have today.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »

But then people will bitch because mummy and daddy are funding everything for him won't they.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why "Brooklyn"? Was he conceived under the bridge?
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Meh. Still nothing compared to what they have today.

No, obviously not,
    However your argument was that neither of them has had privileged upbringings?
    That is untrue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this idea; it's teaching him the value of money rather than him turning into a Ecclestone or Hilton. David came from nothing and I would not be surprised if it was his idea; yes other people may need the job more financially but he needs the lesson just like any other child.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why "Brooklyn"? Was he conceived under the bridge?

In Brooklyn, yes but more likley the Waldorf Hotel or something, at least the deed wasn't done in a bus shelter in Peckham.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More confusion than backlash, they make their son into a media 'face', then want him to be a regular Joe at weekends, you can't just open and close Pandora's box.

Oh yeah, I don't like how the children are now a big part of Brand Beckham. I can't stand it when celeb kids become famous purely because of who their parents are, or when underage youths are used in creating publicity for their mum and dad. It's vile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But then people will bitch because mummy and daddy are funding everything for him won't they.

Exactly, they can't win.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    independence on £2.80 a hour ? ? i don't think so . and he can only work 16 hours a week.

I don't mean independence as in surviving on that when you have your own place, but just him having his own money rather than asking his parents for money.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Oh dear, if this is true, then this is a no-win situation for poor Brooklyn because of his famous & wealthy parents. I wish some people would give him some space on his own as Brooklyn's on a learning curve on earning his own money through work.

It would be nice if Brooklyn had acquired a Saturday job & the details weren't made public.

It's a good thing from his point-of-view, but they lose face by making it public, because they just leave themselves open to accusations of it being a PR stunt, even if it somehow is not.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Brooklyn, yes but more likley the Waldorf Hotel or something, at least the deed wasn't done in a bus shelter in Peckham.

Imagine if he had been conceived in Cockermouth?:o
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him . I doubt it will last long since kids his age tend to get bored but while it does he'll be a bit more in touch with reality for a few hours at a time and that can't be bad for rich kids like him .
    The Beckham kids seem nice and not bratty so far .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Beckham's do karaoke, top of Brooklyns playlist must be Common People by Pulp, 'I wanna live like common people, I wanna do whatever common people do...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    The Beckham kids seem nice and not bratty so far .

They seem well brought up and come across as well balanced. Refreshing to see in the celeb world.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »

Yes, an old second hand one which no person with real money would touch with a bargepole.

Her dad was a builder wasn't he? Hardly silver spoon in the mouth background
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »

So rich kids should never get jobs, it would be away from people who really need the money? That sounds absolutely silly. Somehow a teenager working to earn some money is seen as a negative thing?! Weird.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VB's dad was an electronics engineer and founded a successful electrical wholesale business, not sure he'd like being demoted to builder though.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with others who've said the Beckhams and Brooklyn can't win. It's also not the Beckham kids' fault that they've grown up with famous parents and that this might (probably will) open doors for them that other kids won't have. Other celeb kids have had a leg up from mum and dad too: look at Kate Hudson, Rumer Willis, Keira Knightley, Gwyneth Paltrow, Daisy Lowe, Miley Cyrus, or Jaime Winston just to name a few.