The Beckham family celebrate 16 years of marriage and children....

Comments

• NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Men wrote: »
    Yes.

It sounds like a personal opinion being made to be bigger than it is.

Its easy to answer if true.

Oh come on, you can call it personal opinions, others choose to treat the gossip as more than just that.

I have quite a few friends who have shocked me by having affairs when I really didn't have a clue they were carrying on like that.

You really don't know what goes on in a marriage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Oh come on, you can call it personal opinions, others choose to treat the gossip as more than just that.

I have quite a few friends who have shocked me by having affairs when I really didn't have a clue they were carrying on like that.

You really don't know what goes on in a marriage.

I meant that the user hasnt been told, they decided that, that is what they believe so pass it off as common knowledge gossip despite no smoke in the fake fire.
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think their marriage is genuine and although I'm not a fan of either I also don't understand the hostility towards them. Some people seem desperate for them to split up or be proven to be fakes and I think that says more about those people than it does about David and Victoria.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They come across to me as a happy couple. I don't know whether there have been affairs or not and frankly, I don't care. It's none of my business.

What I do know is that as a young girl I loved the Spice Girls, so Victoria has a place in my heart from that time of my life. Girl Power still rules...!! Yaaaayyy...!!

I know that David Beckham was a good footballer who, after one stupid indiscretion in the world cup in 1998, matured before our very eyes to become a fine captain of England.

I know that they are still together, have four lovely children who seem to be well adjusted, normal, healthy youngsters who haven't (publicly at least) fallen prey to any of the standard vices of such offspring.

I know that David Beckham, for all his faults and in the face of all the taunts and cheap jibes poked at him, has been a good provider for his family, a devoted father to their children and a fine sporting ambassador for England and Great Britain.

Congratulations to them on the longevity of their marriage. I hope they have many, many more years together and achieve what we all set out to do on our wedding day......

Grow old with each other.

Awwww
    You sound just lovely. xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their marriage is genuine and although I'm not a fan of either I also don't understand the hostility towards them. Some people seem desperate for them to split up or be proven to be fakes and I think that says more about those people than it does about David and Victoria.

Spot on my friend.:)

I don't class them as run of the media ****.
    I see a couple who work hard and enjoy their lifestyle.
    (I do wish Victoria would smile occasionally though. :D )
    Forum Member
    Spot on my friend.:)

I don't class them as run of the media ****.
    I see a couple who work hard and enjoy their lifestyle.
    (I do wish Victoria would smile occasionally though. :D )

I like her and Brooklyns close bond.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ultimatums wrote: »
    Sidenote: the poor man's Beckhams, the Redknapps, celebrated 15 years of marriage recently.

The Redknapps married in 1998 so they're 17 years married not 15.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the Beckhams but good for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and Brooklyns close bond.

How did you know about that? :o

Did someone tell you? :confused: ;-)
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on 16 years..
    I don't love 'em or hate em..they're just there
    I do think despite the fame they seem to have raised some pretty decent kids, though I do suspect it's not all happy families with DB &VB behind closed doors

The only thing I DO blame him for is every two bit low rent Footballer & lad getting covered head to toe in crappy religious blackwork tattoos..

Looks bloody awful & HE started it pretty much
    Forum Member
    Have they ever done a fly on the wall documentary?
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet..
    when the money starts to run out...maybe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Redknapps married in 1998 so they're 17 years married not 15.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the Beckhams but good for them.

Thanks for correcting me. Yep, they have been married for 17 years.

I think Posh did or it followed mainly her. It was a couple of episodes when they first moved to LA when David signed with LA Galaxy. I just remember seeing an episode where she met Perez Hilton, when he was near the height of his fame.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media don't print life-wrecking stories about super-famous celebrities anymore. They use them as leverage for regular photo opportunities etc. The fact that people don't know this is staggering.
  • CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    The media don't print life-wrecking stories about super-famous celebrities anymore. They use them as leverage for regular photo opportunities etc. The fact that people don't know this is staggering.

Exactly - the media aren't in the business of exposing these people - they're a part of it. It's all one big merry-go-round of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". The media aren't reporting on the celebrity world - they are promoting whoever needs the publicity this week/month/year.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Does she eat a healthly diet now? All the kids are skinny.

What new levels of nonsense do we have now?! The kids are all perfectly healthy looking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    CMK29 wrote: »
    Exactly - the media aren't in the business of exposing these people - they're a part of it. It's all one big merry-go-round of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". The media aren't reporting on the celebrity world - they are promoting whoever needs the publicity this week/month/year.

Yeah- going slightly off tangent here but many interviews published in magazines etc nowadays are full of such fluffy BS. Honestly, it's insulting to their readers.

Re: Posh & Becks- I'm pretty sure they go through their fair share of ups & downs in their marriage but good luck to them I say.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. When they moved to Madrid plus Victoria has done a couple of others - one when they moved to the US for the first time.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are too cynical about the Beckhams.

As far as I can see the marriage is genuinely a happy one rather than a business arrangement.
    Forum Member
    Has Victoria managed to control her eating disorder?
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say what you like about the Beckhams - especially Victoria - but you have to give credit where it's due for maintaining a long and lasting marriage.

Now compare that to Katie Price and Kerry Katona, who between them have been married SIX times this century alone and I doubt that all those marriages have totalled 16 years!
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Not yet..
    when the money starts to run out...maybe

Yes they have, more than once in fact. Maybe not recently - now Vicky is a fashionista and all that - but definitely in the past. And they sold their wedding to OK! as well. Bet she cringes about that now given all the scummy people they have featured since 😂😂😂
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    I agree, they're not good actors. That's why the 'happy marriage' image is so unconvincing.

There's quite a difference between the photos from when they first got together, where they looked happy, relaxed and in love and photos from the last few years, where she is usually clinging to him with a possessive glare and he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

I think they stay together for the kids, and there's nothing wrong with that. But, I don't believe they are as happily married as they'd like us to believe.

I had lunch near them at Zizzis in Notting Hill a little while ago. It was pretty exciting. I was with an American guest who was convinced that he was a world-famous cricketer. Naturally they looked close and happy, and the children beautifully behaved. It's not as if they were likely to start throwing plates at each other and weeping. Still, they were at least together and happy as a family for lunch.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had lunch near them at Zizzis in Notting Hill a little while ago. It was pretty exciting. I was with an American guest who was convinced that he was a world-famous cricketer. Naturally they looked close and happy, and the children beautifully behaved. It's not as if they were likely to start throwing plates at each other and weeping. Still, they were at least together and happy as a family for lunch.

Ahhhh that's nice! :-)

It's pretty clear they're in love, neither needs the other now and they have enough money to live individually and still give their kids everything.
    What would be their motivation for staying together? Not the brand as a few extra quid a year compared to happiness when you're already that rich surely isn't worth the misery.

I believe it's because they adore each other.

People buy into the miserable aloof up herself Victoria image, but she's well known for being really funny and
    Self deprecating. People should stop basing their view of her entire personality on a picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Ahhhh that's nice! :-)

It's pretty clear they're in love, neither needs the other now and they have enough money to live individually and still give their kids everything.
    What would be their motivation for staying together? Not the brand as a few extra quid a year compared to happiness when you're already that rich surely isn't worth the misery.

I believe it's because they adore each other.

People buy into the miserable aloof up herself Victoria image, but she's well known for being really funny and
    Self deprecating. People should stop basing their view of her entire personality on a picture.

Says it all.:D

It was a pleasure to read the above. :)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Victoria managed to control her eating disorder?

As someone who said this further up the thread:

I meant that the user hasnt been told, they decided that, that is what they believe so pass it off as common knowledge gossip despite no smoke in the fake fire.

I'm surprised by this question. Do you have proof of an eating disorder and how can any of us know if she has it under control? Or are you too guilty of casting massive assumptions and gossiping?